MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #21
081000rrKing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati 1198
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2008 CRF250R

RIP
081000rrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
so is it ok to hit a chic, if she was a he before RACER X Off Topic 16 04-11-2013 09:27 AM
hot chic get fired! RACER X Off Topic 65 06-06-2010 09:34 PM
7 bikes in the cage of death Silver Bullet General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-24-2007 10:08 PM
Attn: 50cc chic ratmzapa Off Topic 38 12-17-2006 04:38 PM
Is there any chic riders out there? josh302 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 02-02-2006 12:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #22
bradtx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
1998 Triumph T595

RIP to the young lady and a speedy recovery to those injured, physically and emotionally.

Brad
Old 10-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #23
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJ View Post
...You should see the way almost all of the sportbikes ride around here, pure craziness, don't know if it's the group she was riding with but if it was it would sure explain a lot. Lotsa go fast toys and no skill or gear. Tragedy just waiting to happen
I used to be one of those goons in Victoria (lived right off of J Stockbauer). I left that scene way behind me when I moved up here.

RIP to the fallen and a speedy recovery to the others injured.
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #24
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
It's sad when this happens regardless, but a new rider? I can't help but feel as a friend you should take new riders under your wing, ride slower then usual, & kinda guide them. You are in a way responsible for them. At least that's how I feel if it's one of my friends. I know when I first started riding I had someone looking out for me constantly. I never went on a ride unless it was commuting a couple miles to work without him for awhile. & I've done the same for a friend. I remember going on group rides with this one person & staying slow & in the back (sometimes getting bored) just so they didn't feel rushed. B/c that's when you make mistakes. Newer riders just don't have the skill sets yet to keep them safe.

RIP.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #25
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
It's sad when this happens regardless, but a new rider? I can't help but feel as a friend you should take new riders under your wing, ride slower then usual, & kinda guide them. You are in a way responsible for them. At least that's how I feel if it's one of my friends. I know when I first started riding I had someone looking out for me constantly. I never went on a ride unless it was commuting a couple miles to work without him for awhile. & I've done the same for a friend. I remember going on group rides with this one person & staying slow & in the back (sometimes getting bored) just so they didn't feel rushed. B/c that's when you make mistakes. Newer riders just don't have the skill sets yet to keep them safe.

RIP.
Yep agreed, I was actually out helping my friend get comfortable riding yesterday, when our other bud pointed out the wreck site. I don't think I've ever stayed in second gear for so long! Much less riding UNDER the speed limit. We were trying soo hard to keep him in a decent comfort zone and it seems to be working as he is really taking to riding and is blowing up my phone to go riding already today haha

I stay away from all these fools down here. I have no interest whatsoever riding with them. My stepdad and his son know how to ride so we hit the twisties when we get a chance. But riding with these inexperienced people that truly believe they can ride because they have a right hand and a SS bike, I'll take a pass

Last edited by GrayJ; 10-20-2009 at 10:36 AM.
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #26
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:

RIP.
Like the couple from Houston in Austin this summer. Newer inexperienced rider. All so young.

I stopped riding on the roads after someone crashing on the hill country rides every weekend we went and rode 2 summers ago. It was almost always the younger inexperienced riders trying to keep up the faster pace.

Just didnt want to be on a ride where this happened, no way. I dont know how I would handle knowing someone crashed and died trying to keep up or because I crashed and made them go down. Cause by letting a very inexperienced rider ride with you, I feel that you are in a way responsible for their safety. Thats why I started riding in the very back when we had inexperienced riders so they wouldnt feel bad being last and try to ride over their heads.

I cannot even begin to imagine how her parents and siblings must feel. Such a bad thing to happen to such a young person.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #28
bradtx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
1998 Triumph T595

Captain M, That's how it should be done, but seldom is. Too often new riders are shown a sink-or-swim attitude, or perhaps the more experianced riders forget how it was to be a newbie.

Sometimes ya just gotta start with a "This is the clutch, this is the front brake..." lesson.

Brad
Old 10-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #29
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtx View Post
Captain M, That's how it should be done, but seldom is. Too often new riders are shown a sink-or-swim attitude, or perhaps the more experianced riders forget how it was to be a newbie.

Sometimes ya just gotta start with a "This is the clutch, this is the front brake..." lesson.

Brad
esp helps if your chic rider........all the guys wanna stay back.......reality sucks.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #30
ANTONIOAWC
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 HAYABUSA
06 gsxr 600
66 stang

rip.....
ANTONIOAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #31
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement