MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
2009 CMRA Season Thanks....

Thank you to the CMRA for a great season. 2009 has become the total opposite of what I thought would happen. I would've never expected to be one of the front runners, and I definately wouldn't have done it without the help of my sponsors.
I ended up crashing AGAIN on Friday's trackday, got my bike back together and in rideable condition. Sunday comes along, and I lose EVERY one of my practice sessions due to having engine/fuel malfunctions. I thought I had it fixed and went out in race 2 and got the same problems. I get Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited on the line, and we start troubleshooting. I ended up taking my tank/airbox off at least 4 times, swapped all kinds of parts out with my teams endurance bike, and finally got it running before race 9 started. The rest of the day went by smoothly. I got a best time of 1:54.002.....i was hoping to see a 52 or 53, but considering the days situation, I am happy with my times and results.

TWS (Texas World Speedway) Race Results -
Formula 2 - 3rd place
Lightweight Twins - 1st place
D Superbike - 1st place
Heavyweight Twins - 3rd place (on my sv650)

2009 CMRA Season Results for me -
Formula 2 - 1st place Class Champion
Lightweight Twins - 1st place Class Champion
D Superbike - 1st place Class Champion
23 Podiums with 17 of those being 1st place wins.

Thanks to all the great friends and family that has helped me get this far, i'll try to keep it short and to the point.....

My uncle Toni, Jason, Ralph, Raya, Sunny, Andy, Fabian, Allan, Larry, Jordan and Jerry, Jeffro, Derek, Dustin, Alonzo, James Camacho jr. and sr., Pam, Tim, Candie, Todd, Robert, Dean, Linz, Brandt, Jimmy and Jose, Blake, and anybody else I forgot I apologize. Some of yall helped us in the pits, some of yall just showed your support and always gave a great conversation at every race. Thank you.

Tom's Auto Repair / Paint and Body - Without our shop, and my dad's help through some of this....none of this is possible. If anybody ever needs any paintwork, please let me know! Support a fellow racer!

Motorcycles Unlimited - Thank you patrick, brandon, suzanne, scott, joe, bobby.....you guys did an AMAZING job on my suspension and engine tuning this year. My bike ran superfast and the suspension felt GREAT!!!! I owe this complete season to you and your crew patrick....AMAZING!!!! I came into this card game bluffing, and you guys put 5 aces in my hands to play with....keep workin your magic!

Brandon Spradling (Motorcycles Unlimited) - Thanks Uncle B for all the riding tips this year. My first year riding an SV would've been without your knowledge. You are a very talented racer and I hope I will be able to put all your riding tips to further use next year.

Buck Beasley / Longhorn Motorcycle School - Thank you Buck for everything you have done for me as well. LMS became not only a trackday provider, but a family or a home away from home. LMS taught me the skills and trained me to get where i'm at now. That will NEVER be forgotten. My hats off to you Buck.

South Central Race Center and Pirelli Tires - Thank you John for the stickiest tires ever and for the fastest VP fuels money can buy. Also for being THE BEST tire guy in the CMRA. your constant checks of our tire pressures, our tire heat temps, and just coming around to say hello were never overlooked. Thanks again for a great season John/Raymond.

Shorty @ Sunny Motorsports - For being a good friend, loaning me his bike so that I can go wreck it , offering up parts when I need it, and supporting his fellow racers. Shorty aka Sunny....is a racer himself supporting other racers with his shop. it's all about racer support, support him also!

Custom Woodworks (Allan Cambell aka mr whoopie) - ANYTHING that you need done regarding wood work, whether it's a simple cabinet, or fully custom entertainment centers, whatever....Allan is the man to go to. His woodcrafting skills FAR succeed his fast motorcycle racing skills.....an artist. Thanks for all your help this year Allan. Support another fellow racer!

Mama Gonzo - Mama, you were and still are an inspiration for me to strive and be a better person. You are not just my coach, but my second mama! You helped me see past myself and focus on the racing. Thank you for everything you have done for all of us this year Mama, you are the true champion.

Ridesmart and Dave - Thank you Dave, for everything you have done for me this year also. I was a doubter and a non believer of ridesmart for some time.....You have stepped up to the plate and showed me that you have taken this game to another level and knocked it clean outta the park!!!! I admire you for your values and look up to you for caring so much about saving riders from themselves.

Lonestar Trackdays - I am merely a patron to you guys, but you guys have always treated me like a good friend. You guys always have everything ran like clockwork and it's always great to chat with all of the LSTD staff. Thank you for the great practice days before the races.

Keith Hertell with Road and Track Suspensions - Offering help and advice when my bike was being ignorant. Also I have to thank you for the help with sprocket selections, you are the man!

Jimmy C and Raceworx - Thanks for helping me understand more about my suspension. Your advice and help is very much appreciated.

CMRA and staff - Thanks to each and everyone of the employees and volunteers for running such a well organized event. I am glad to be a part of the CMRA family. I look forward to the years to come.

Jesus Christ - I am truly blessed to have so many people to thank. Even though I have crashed more times this year than I have fingers to count....i'm still here typing my thank you's. Thank you Jesus for keeping me on my toes and for blessing me with all the good friends and family....and for blessing us all with the ability to go out and race. Please help heal our injured friends and their families so that they can share good times with us next season.

I don't wanna list all the names because i'd be here forever, but there are SO many great people that I have met this year. I am glad to call each and every one of you....my friends. Thank you for a great year, I look forward to seeing you all next season.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE RACERS THAT CAME OUT AND RACED THIS YEAR....EVERYONE OF YOU ARE CHAMPIONS IN MY BOOK!!!!

Sincerely,
Tony Ta #959

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 CMRA Season Opener Dr. Gonzo Taking it to the Track 26 02-21-2012 11:37 PM
Thanks and Ready for the 2012 CMRA season! cdill35 Taking it to the Track 11 01-21-2012 01:00 PM
Cmra season opener @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) Romeo36 Taking it to the Track 22 01-08-2010 06:57 PM
CMRA question for 2010 season mcd Taking it to the Track 3 10-26-2009 10:08 PM
2009 CMRA and CCS season 0oAndyo0 Taking it to the Track 40 12-03-2008 03:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

congratulations. I will try to be there to race/support you next year and maybe kick you around a little to win a championship for me.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

3 Championships.....what can I say, dude you rock! Congrats on the finishes and great riding. You rode through pain and made it happen.

Great job, cuddle buddy
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
DustinJ

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Bike(s):
'09 R6
'08 R6

Send a message via MSN to DustinJ
Congrats Tony, glad you got your mojo rockin' this year. Killer job man.
CMRA Expert #979
Sponsored by: AAA Lift Trucks Racing, Sunny Motorsports, RaceWorx / Jim Cambora
DustinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

You did an amazing job T! We are so proud of you!
Now quit throwing that bike on the ground
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Congrats Tony!!! You suffered some set backs and never once let it bother you. Your determination is amazing! Your earned it Homie!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Congrats Tony!!!

watching you progress into a beast on the sv has been a pleasure. you showed a ton of heart and pride this season man. separating ur shoulder and going out to "take it easy" yet still winning the races. lol.
i cant wait till next year to see you grid up with the white plate and a huge pic of me on the side of ur bike lol jk

congrats again on all the wins and all the championships you earned every single one!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

It could not have happened to a better man.
Congratulations!
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
T-grizzle, you are a beast man on an SV man. Congrats on your championships. You earned every one of them.

After riding half the season with you on the SV endurance team, I can honestly say I don't know how you do it. You know what I'm talkin 'bout. Like yesterday...

Now come play on big bikes again!
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Dude...you are the man Tony. Considering the crashes, the injuries and other obstacles you have had to overcome, you are truly a warrior full of determination. It is admirable. What a freakin year homie! good job!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Congrats Tony, now do a back to back in expert.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

that is very impressive to say the least tony, congrats and good luck in the future. QUIT CRASHING FOOL. i hate hearing "Tony Ta crashed again" it really sucks to hear.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!

congrats bro you did it. cheers!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #14
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
that is very impressive to say the least tony, congrats and good luck in the future. QUIT CRASHING FOOL. i hate hearing "Tony Ta crashed again" it really sucks to hear.
But he's Tony "Tumbleweed" Ta
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #15
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Steptoe View Post
But he's Tony "Tumbleweed" Ta
that is so true my friend!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Congrats Tony!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Job well done, Tony. You kept doing the job at every race! Can't wait to see you back next season!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Thanks everyone, yesterday was a very proud moment in my life, and i'm glad I got to share it with most of you.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #19
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Wow, 3 championships?!

Congrats Tony!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #20
Riddler
LONGHORNMOTORCYCLESCHOOL

Bike(s):
YOUR MOM
YOUR SISTER

You are one crazy asian....great friend and great racer. Looking forward to next years endurance.
CMRA Novice #825
CCS Amateur #805
LONGHORN MOTORCYCLE SCHOOL
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement