MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

My TWS (Texas World Speedway) Weekend Thanks CMRA

Saturday October 17
Endured the great weather on Saturday as my team battled some bad luck to a 5th in class finish and 4th for the season. We missed our opportunities this year but it was great fun. I was able to put down some ok laps and knock off the mental woes from my two broken bones last time out at TWS (Texas World Speedway). Beat my personal best form last time by a couple of couple seconds and had more consistent laps. Said thanks and good bye to a bunch of great guys that I will not be riding with next year (maybe against). It was out first time back at full strength since last round at TWS (Texas World Speedway) in April. All in all one prov nov, one slow poke (Moe Agha), one young warrior(Zeb Harris) and one expert to watch out for in the future (Brandon Warren ) had a decent season and we all learned alot from each other. Our pit crew consisted of Darryl Warren and Ron harris, were two of the reasons we were able to compete this year. They maintained the bike and turned wrenches so all we had to do was show up and ride. Our end was as close to a podium as our start to the season. We just did not have the lady of luck on our side. But we still did good considering the mix of talent we had.

Sunday October 18
First round of sprints since my prov nov races back in Round 2 in the wet and cold at ECR. I was anxious and chomping at the bit. I could not wait to get on the grid. Jim Cambora help set up my suspension during practice and worked with me while I told him what I wanted. Come race time I had the confidence to go all out. Sad to say my best was not good enough this day. But I posted personal bests and kep all my laps in each race within a second of each other. I started in the back in all three of my races.

My first race I was able to get a decent start being on the outside (headed for T1) I wheelied the start but still got off pretty decent. Had fun playing with a few guys. I had a shifting problem that is probably due to my quickshifter which will be sent off to dynojet to look at. I knew I had this problem during practice but did not let it affect my focus. I simply worked around it. Once in my first race coming down the front str8 shifting from 3rd to 4th it actually backshifted to 3rd and then back to 4th. This allowed 3 guys to blow by me on the white flag lap. I hung with them but could not catch them in one lap. Going that fast one mishap and the distance can grow very quickly.

My second race I actually ran my fastest lap on the last lap of the race. Once again I wheelied the start. I blame this on not having a working cluster, so I can not see where my RPM's are. All well wheelie it is. Started in the second wave and was hoping to beat everyone in my wave. I actually caught a few people in the first wave, so I was pretty happy about that.

My third race was A Superstock which also has the experts gridded up with us. I was on row 18 way in the back. Got a good start with a small wheelie, but had to set it down b/c the guy in front stalled. I tried to go around him and the guy coming from behind me bumped me. Got to T1 safely but was on of the last bikes. Decided to go around the outside and passed about 7 or 8 bikes headed into 2. Got a couple more going into 3 on the brakes. other than that I was trying too hard blowing my apexes and losing time. My times here were 2 seconds off my other two races.

All in all it was a successful day for me. Gave me the confidence and focus to give it a run next year.