MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #21
ENDO_monkey
loves cupcakes

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR 600

I still dont see the point of coming on here to make a thread about it. There are very few who tollerate people riding like and putting people in danger. You dont know us so why try to lecture to us?

I am a female too but instead of my motto being "I would love to everyones mommy and lecture all the little sportbike riders I dont know for no good reason" Its "Whatevar! I do what I want"

Oh yeah in for the entertainment that this will provide while I am here at work! Yessssssssssssss!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Make sure your employees arent silverfudge Off Topic 20 01-17-2015 11:49 PM
For the people that say ZX-14 arent track bikes Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 12-16-2007 12:05 PM
standards-why arent men allowed to have them? Whorenet Off Topic 40 12-01-2007 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #22
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

In all honesty, the feelings of the OP are basically the same as those cops or DAs that dont charge drivers when they kill motorcyclists.

Thats why we hear those stories of how someone gets t-boned, rear ended, gets a driver in their lane in a curve and somehow the guy on the bike is at fault. Its because of people like her but that happen to have authority.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #23
rideForrestride

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Pretty funny vid. How the does the guy at 1:46 crash?
Same thing I was thinking. There's a couple that are like that.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #24
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #25
ChrisGo

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold
looking for a trackbike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
That was a well written post. Thank you. At the end of the day high performance bikes are really not meant for the street nor for ultra law abiding folks like yourself. Regardless of the noob status or experienced riders, part of the enjoyment is riding fast through the turns, feeling the incredibly acceleration and the outstanding braking performance. Does that make sports bike riders bad or dangerous? Not necessarily. Do these riders break the law? Quite often, yes.

Does that make the riders any worse than a high performance sports car owner? No.

Riding high performance bikes, driving high performance cars on the street is dangerous for our personal safety and can also lead to tickets. It's the risk we take.
The only person that didn't make MH look like a bunch of fools....
I agree with the OP. There is a really bad image that makes anyone who hasn't ridden before hate us and in lieu show no common courtesy. There's nothing that can be done now except to try to get others to change the image and maybe in a few generations, riders will be respected again.

I'm currently trying to convince my friend that a GSXR1000 is not a good first bike while his other friends are saying " yeah get that $hit bro, it hauls ". All because of this "image".
Old 10-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #26
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

As I was wathching that video, all I could think about was....wonder if any of those bikes could be put back together for my next trackbike...
Old 10-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #27
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
Racerx's wife? haha

well...this should make my day go by quick
Old 10-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #28
The Trav
slowpoke

again, thanks for the funny video
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
Old 10-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #29
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxxer600 View Post
The only person that didn't make MH look like a bunch of fools....
I agree with the OP. There is a really bad image that makes anyone who hasn't ridden before hate us and in lieu show no common courtesy. There's nothing that can be done now except to try to get others to change the image and maybe in a few generations, riders will be respected again.

I'm currently trying to convince my friend that a GSXR1000 is not a good first bike while his other friends are saying " yeah get that bro, it hauls ". All because of this "image".
you have gixxer in your screen name. you lost all credibility with that
Old 10-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #30
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
dam and I ride a gixxer

speaking of didnt stop and say Hi yesterday, hope ya had fun corner working, I was at pit yesterday ride the orange gixxer in street group.

J
its ok to ride a gsxr just not have it in your screen name. so you are in the clear

I had fun yesterday! except that one time a motard plain ole disappeared off of turn 1. that was a little worry some
Old 10-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #31
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

SUMMARY:

http://motorcyclefail.ytmnd.com/
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #32
JubanDan_RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hater View Post
i didnt post here to say your worse than performance car owners, or worse than anyone really. not here to compare.

im sure theres a dirtbike on 610 speeding right now.
it has nothing to do with sportbike riders and what im talking about.

easy to justify breaking the law when you can say "that other guy does it too"

but thats all about taking ownership of your own actions... something alot of people never really learn to do.

yes i understand bikes have more power than you will ever need. its all about self control, and sadly its usually when we fail to have self control that we start taking risks.

its easy to say "its my risk to take" when your speeding here and there, but when you crash out and the guy behind you swerves and rolls his cage, and his kid dies.... is your risk a fair risk to take for everyone? pretty selfish response imo.

anyways, i already the know the longer i stay around the more i will post, and for those who i will feel the need to argue with... its a war i will never win.

anyhoo, be safe out there.
In that case why aren't you preaching in front of city hall or some other public place because no matter what you drive or ride, breaking the speed limit alone is irresponsible in your eyes. It's not "taking ownership of your own actions" because we all know houston traffic NEVER flows at the posted limit. So if you have EVER broken the speed limit to keep up with traffic (which I'm sure you have) you don't really have room to make any of these comments.

Why do you assume we all ride like what our "image" is supposed to be. Obviously as everyone else has said we DO NOT. You might want to do some research and figure out who you're talking to before you just go runnin' off at the mouth. If anything, YOU are part of the problem, because if you are here preaching to us, than most likely you are out talking badly about sportbike riders to anyone that doesn't have an understanding about it, and consequently putting that "bad image" in their heads about it.

Hope you get to read this, and from the bottom of my a$$, I extend a hearty WELCOME to you.

You should go out and get yourself some of this , and maybe you can divert your attention to more important problems. hehe...
Old 10-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

is this racer x under cover
why arent you calling harley riders squids, i see them brake laws all the time, and most of the time sport bike riders have more gear on then the guy on the cruiser.
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #34
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

awesome1r
Old 10-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #35
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
you dont know us or how we ride.
I know how some of you/us 'ride' &
I could go dig up some nice examples on this very forum that support the OP's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO_monkey View Post
And you felt the need to be our mothers because....?
....maybe the same reason you and other felt the needed to act like a child in response to the post?

Seriously, stop and think.
If you're offended by it...why? Maybe because you fit within the profile?
If you're not, then what is wrong about OP's post?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #36
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I don't think the OP was singling out speed. She was talking about those who like to ride the 610 loop on Weds nights like a racetrack, or stunt in traffic, or whip thru rush hour traffic like it's a slalom course.

Some or all of us are guilty as charged of acting like who are "special". Even when I am in my cage and a bike pulls a dumb stunt close to me, I think "thanks alot dickweed, real good image promoter there".

Coorelating sport cars to bikes riding wheelies or speeding at 150+ thru traffic doesn't work either.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Old 10-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #37
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
I could go dig up some nice examples on this very forum that support the OP's post.

....maybe the same reason you and other felt the needed to act like a child in response to the post?

it's called stereotyping...i'm far from a squid or a noob and i take offense, it's like calling me a cracker redneck cause im white.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #38
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
it's called stereotyping...i'm far from a squid or a noob and i take offense, it's like calling me a cracker redneck cause im white.
Which is exactly what the OP was about. The way some of "us" ride brings the entire group image down to it's present state of affairs. Has nothing to do with gear; it's all about riding style.

Of course squids in T's dropping their bikes at a SL aren't helping much..
Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #39
JubanDan_RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post

Because it's just so fun to argue.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #40
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
funny post thanks for the entertainment, now go back to whatever it is you decided to do that is "safe" and leave the bike world to us to enjoy. Nice name also "hater"
Funny coming from you actually....
Closed Thread