Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
hater

Feedback Rating: (0)

why you guys arent respected

well, i joined pretty much just to say this. im sure im going to get torn apart, banned, flamed etc... for this, but i just want to give you guys a little insight as to why you arent respected.

and no im not just some dude who hates anyone on a bike. ive owned dirtbikes, quads, cruisers, and sport bikes, but i gave it up because i just decided it wasnt a risk worth taking...

not because i dont think i can responsibly own a bike, or any other reason except for the simple fact that it is too dangerous. we dont live in a world where people pay attention when they drive. period. wether its yapping on a cell phone, lighting a cigg, or just daydreaming, cagers and other bike riders alike just plain dont pay attention. they also dont know the rules of the road.

based on that ive decided its really just not worth the risk both to my own safety, and to my wallet to get out there and ride anymore. yes its sad. yes i wish it wasnt so. but to me, riding around dealing with what riders have to deal with- everything from cagers cutting them off, to cagers throwing stuff.... just isnt worth it. maybe im old, maybe i just have different priorities now than i used to.

anyways, im not here to rant about anyone or anything in particular, just more or less here to make you guys take a step back and think about things. before you get all defensive, or just blow off what i am saying, just step back and check yourself.

i know this is also true for cruisers.. but alot of sport bike riding is image. when i say that, i mean its an image that your portraying when you get on your sportbike, (hopefully) gear up, and go ride. when anyone else in the universe looks at you, reguardless of your skills, they only see the "image".

a big factor in that, is that its always about ramping it up to the next level. if we all owned motorcycles just for the pure enjoyment of getting out and riding them the speed limit, obeying all traffic laws, wearing full gear, having insurance, safety course, using turn signals... all those little things.... there would be far less going in the sport bike image.

but that will never be the case.

even the best of us get the urge to gun it. even the best of us get the urge to pass that guy. it happens.

keep that in mind.

so lets rewind our own lives and step back into the shoes of a newb. yes we were all there at one time.

for the newb, 100% of sportbike riding is image. all he knows is the youtube videos, or the forum posts and pictures, or the guys he sees riding out in public. thats it. he does not know sportbike riding on a personal level. he does not know the feeling of slamming your body into concrete at speed. he does not know the feeling of how much more it hurts the following day, or even the 2nd day after. those things are not part of his "image". his image composes of himself through the eyes of others.

because his view of sportbike riding is that of an outsider, his idea of himself will also be that of an outsider. so he sees himself as what he sees everyone else as.

this is why so many guys who have never ridden before tend to get the bigger sportbikes. because they are not ok with the image of themselves riding anything other than a 600+

this is why so many guys who dont even know what countersteering is are already googling "how to wheelie" or "how to stoppie".

it sucks for everyone that so many bad riders, uneducated riders, and ignorant riders, have given sportbikes this image. but its a fact of life for you. something you are forced to deal with wether you want to acknowladge it or not.

sure cruisers have the bar hopping image, but lets try to think about riding style? theres always that guy who will pop in with the exception.... but for the most part, cruisers dont have a bad image when it comes to ride skills.

i think its mostly because of the mindset of most guys who are the most likely to ride dangerously just happens to be for whatever reason the same guys who want sportbikes.

so long story short here...

keep that in mind the next time you brag about how you go 110 because you just cant go the flow of traffic with cagers. thats retarted. its against the law. the law doesnt bend for you because you choose to transport yourself somewhere in a situation thats far more dangerous than those around you. you choose to get out and ride amongst the idiot harris county cagers, so follow the rules.

keep that in mind next time you want to practice your wheelies or stoppies on the highway. or any other public road.

when you hear these stories about newbs wrecking, or about cagers raging, or pretty much any other negative aspect that people always complain about.... think about yourself. take a step back and think about wether or not your contributing to that "image"..

that is all.

ill check back im sure to see what kind of flaming i get...

but more or less if this changes at least one persons idea of how to get out and act in the real world, then its done some good.

Last edited by hater; 10-17-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Make sure your employees arent silverfudge Off Topic 20 01-17-2015 11:49 PM
For the people that say ZX-14 arent track bikes Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 12-16-2007 12:05 PM
standards-why arent men allowed to have them? Whorenet Off Topic 40 12-01-2007 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
ENDO_monkey
loves cupcakes

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR 600

And you felt the need to be our mothers because....?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO_monkey View Post
+1

and you dont think we already know and think about all this? come on man...
Old 10-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Thats for the video
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
Navajib

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

I won't let other people help me decide in what I want to do. Simple.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post
I won't let other people help me decide in what I want to do. Simple.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

nobody makes me bleed my own blood....nobody!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO_monkey View Post
lol maybe its the female in me. (im a girl duh)

but really though, this is the kinda i expected in return.

anyways, like i said.. maybe someone will read it and wont take the "we know how to ride , dont tell us what do do" attitude, and might take a step back and realize he rides like a moron. maybe it will save his/her life.

who knows.

but your attitudes so far are pretty much why not too many people care very much what sportbike riders have to say when they are defending themselves from actions taken like the newbs in the video.

if your out there riding like an idiot, youre part of the problem, and you probably will take offense.

sucks.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
hater

but yep thats it for me here. im just another cager these days, so i really have no use here. but.. like i said... feel free to get defensive, correct my gammer and lack of proper punctuation and capitalization... misspelled words... desire to help others out... and continue to live in your own little personal image where you are the know all of riding skills.

some will read this and get it.

but most wont.

same reason why the majority of riders suck.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
maxgs

Member Garage

That was a well written post. Thank you. At the end of the day high performance bikes are really not meant for the street nor for ultra law abiding folks like yourself. Regardless of the noob status or experienced riders, part of the enjoyment is riding fast through the turns, feeling the incredibly acceleration and the outstanding braking performance. Does that make sports bike riders bad or dangerous? Not necessarily. Do these riders break the law? Quite often, yes.

Does that make the riders any worse than a high performance sports car owner? No.

Riding high performance bikes, driving high performance cars on the street is dangerous for our personal safety and can also lead to tickets. It's the risk we take.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by hater View Post
lol maybe its the female in me. (im a girl duh)

but really though, this is the kinda i expected in return.

anyways, like i said.. maybe someone will read it and wont take the "we know how to ride , dont tell us what do do" attitude, and might take a step back and realize he rides like a moron. maybe it will save his/her life.

who knows.

but your attitudes so far are pretty much why not too many people care very much what sportbike riders have to say when they are defending themselves from actions taken like the newbs in the video.

if your out there riding like an idiot, youre part of the problem, and you probably will take offense.

sucks.
4 out of the 6 ppl that have responded so far are women. how come we dont have this 'bossy motherly' problem like you?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

LOL... welcome to mh!

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #13
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by hater View Post
but yep thats it for me here. im just another cager these days, so i really have no use here. but.. like i said... feel free to get defensive, correct my gammer and lack of proper punctuation and capitalization... misspelled words... desire to help others out... and continue to live in your own little personal image where you are the know all of riding skills.

some will read this and get it.

but most wont.

same reason why the majority of riders suck.
:epicfacepalm:
you dont know us or how we ride. you are just sounding like a fool.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Nobody above who has posted rides like an idiot. Here is a tip. Why don't you READ SOME POSTS before you come on here preaching from the high mount. Not many on this site condone the actions seen in the video. THAT is why you are getting flamed.

Nice 1st post.

Velcom
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #15
hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
That was a well written post. Thank you. At the end of the day high performance bikes are really not meant for the street nor for ultra law abiding folks like yourself. Regardless of the noob status or experienced riders, part of the enjoyment is riding hats through the turns, feeling the incredibly acceleration and the outstanding braking performance. Does that make sports bike riders bad or dangerous? Not necessarily. Do these riders break the law? Quite often, yes.

Does that make the riders any worse than a high performance sports car owner? No.

Riding high performance bikes, driving high performance cars on the street is dangerous for our personal safety and can also lead to tickets. It's the risk we take.
i didnt post here to say your worse than performance car owners, or worse than anyone really. not here to compare.

im sure theres a dirtbike on 610 speeding right now.

it has nothing to do with sportbike riders and what im talking about.

easy to justify breaking the law when you can say "that other guy does it too"

but thats all about taking ownership of your own actions... something alot of people never really learn to do.

yes i understand bikes have more power than you will ever need. its all about self control, and sadly its usually when we fail to have self control that we start taking risks.

its easy to say "its my risk to take" when your speeding here and there, but when you crash out and the guy behind you swerves and rolls his cage, and his kid dies.... is your risk a fair risk to take for everyone? pretty selfish response imo.

anyways, i already the know the longer i stay around the more i will post, and for those who i will feel the need to argue with... its a war i will never win.

anyhoo, be safe out there.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #16
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #17
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Pretty funny vid. How the does the guy at 1:46 crash?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

LOL, we wouldn't get to enjoy hilarious videos like you just posted if we didn't have squids.

Some choose to act that way but there are a lot of responsible riders out there also. Some do just ride to enjoy it and don't have to ride crazy to enjoy being on 2 wheels.

Also, for drivers not paying attention: it doesn't matter if you're riding like an idiot or riding responsible although riding responsible would increase your chances of preventing a crash or minimizing damage.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #19
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Racerx's wife? haha
Old 10-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #20
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
i gave it up because i just decided it wasnt a risk worth taking...

Stay in your padded room then.. Everyone who gets on a bike knows the risks or has had someone tell them at least once. We all accept the risk when we get on the bike.
Closed Thread