MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #81
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
yeah, i'm wondering what classes it will run in and be competitive with. i'm guessing since biaggi ran it alongside inlines....i'm guessing club racing will be the same.

i think im gonna get one....but we'll see what happens.
A Superbike
A Superstock
Formula 1

I want one BAD, but 20K is steep for a motorcycle.....any motorcycle.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aprilia RSV4 carbon RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 07-25-2012 12:39 PM
APRILIA RSV4 Review ormand General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-25-2010 10:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #82
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I would LOVE to have one. That thing is tiny for a 1k. I got to sit on one at the North American launch at WSBK in Utah.

1K is just WAYYY too much motor for me though. It would be cool though.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #83
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
Deff a mocked up cbr1000rr. They jus added a light in the middle on the front. And look at that tail section almost identical. And for the high end model at 20k id rather have the duc 1198s. I rode my friends 1198s and totally put my 6ixxer to shame. But for 11k more it better.. awsome looking bike though.
At $20,999 its a better value than the Ducati 1198. This Factory blows it out the water.

Cycle World testing HP 146.5 to the wheel
testing Torque 71.2 to the wheel

1/4mi 10.09sec @ 140.72

456 lbs Wet...

Not bad
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #84
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

WOW..........that bike SEXZY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #85
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

20 more RWHP, 15 ft/lbs less, and 7 times more than I paid for mine 3 years ago?

No thanks! LOL!!!!!!!!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #86
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
20 more RWHP, 15 ft/lbs less, and 7 times more than I paid for mine 3 years ago?

No thanks! LOL!!!!!!!!!
then your ?

for whatever reason ape's have really bad resale. even the factory's. give it 1-2 yrs, it'll be close to 10k for all that ohlins, marchisini and C/F goodness.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #87
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
then your ?
Bandit of course!! LOL!!!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #88
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Why is everyone so confused as to what class it would run in. Do CMRA rules specify that a 4 cylinder 1000cc bike need be an INLINE 4 cylinder?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #89
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Bandit of course!! LOL!!!!
What bike Dynoed those numbers???
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #90
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Why is everyone so confused as to what class it would run in. Do CMRA rules specify that a 4 cylinder 1000cc bike need be an INLINE 4 cylinder?
I don't know why people don't know, all I know is, this bike is FAST and in the proper hands would be very competative right out of the box.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #91
maxgs

Member Garage

Uh oh....

The launch of the new Aprilia RSV4-R at Mugello was cut short yesterday after five of the bikes suffered terminal con rod failures. Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves was there:

“I did two 20-miniute sessions at the high-speed Italian track on the RSV4-R, which is a slightly lower spec version of the Factory model launched earlier this year. I had no problems with my bike but five others expired.

* Aprilia RSV4-R first ride!
* Aprilia motorcycles for sale

“It’s extremely unusual for something like this to happen on a modern motorcycle, not least an Aprilia. Their machines are more ‘Honda-like’ than any Italian manufacture and their engines usually bomb-proof.

“The launch bikes were pre-production machines with just 300km on the clock. Aprilia found the problem very quickly and traced it to a manufacturing fault with a batch of con rods.

The rest of the article can be found here...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...nch-cut-short/
Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #92
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
well aint that some ??? i dont think thats ever happened before lol
Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #93
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
wow, it doesn't look too pretty on this angle

Aprilia RSV4-R: Who's Getting One?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #94
magzx12r

I saw the black, white, and Factory at Eximports last week. These are nice looking bikes. I am still waiting on some ride reviews though for the US bikes.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #95
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
I'd rock it
Old 12-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #96
ormand
Deelish!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I too saw it @ Ex Imports...alongside an overstocking of Ducattis
Old 12-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #97
jcsanchez68

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

I had the oportunity to ride one

I had the oportunity to ride both the regular one and the Factory, I was very impress with the performance and the power was all the way, could not ride it hard since I was the first one to ride it.

So I pop the cherries, awesome bike, I am waiting for the new Multistrada but this bike is making me think twice.

You have to hear it roar and when you put it in gear the exhaut sound changes awesome

jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #98
jcsanchez68

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

I forgot to mentioned it does come with a passenger seat and foot pegs, you can also drop the engine, the perfect beast for the track

jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #99
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

UPDATE:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...d.php?t=196419

Apparently there is a recall on the engine lol

Quote:
1/21/2010

From Aprilia Italy

......."we have identified a batch of components that do not meet our quality standards. This batch was immediately intercepted and disposed from production. However, some components were used in the production of a limited number of vehicles Aprilia RSV4"

Aprilia USA has issued a letter to dealers explaining the preliminary process this recall will take. Replacement engines are being airfreighted to the USA next week and will be expected end of next week.

Customers are advised not to ride your RSV4 or RSV4 Factory until it is determined if your bike is on the Recall list. From our understanding, all USA bikes are on the list.

Please call your local dealer where the work will be performed to arrange when to get your bike to the dealership. Aprilia USA is using the roadside assistance program to have your bike picked up and delivered to the dealer performing your recall.

1/20/2010

Aprilia Italy has issued the recall campaign, and Aprilia USA is expected to release the letter to dealers tomorrow, and mail letters to registered owners as well.

Aprilia USA has stated that there have been no failures and this is purely a precautionary recall so that there are not part failures in the future. We have not yet been informed as to what part is at issue.

We have also been informed that all bikes on the road in the USA will have engines available within the next two weeks, if not earlier.

We should know more tomorrow, and we will post new information as it becomes available.
That is awesome customer service...having your bike picked up via road service and delivered to the dealer for a factory engine replacement. That's how companies build the faithful...good job Aprilia

Last edited by ormand; 01-24-2010 at 12:43 AM.
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #100
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

Very impressive way to handle a major engine recall...I did not know customer service with motorcycle mfgs can be this good

Quote:
I just got off a 30 minute call with Dave Danielson from Aprila. He explained to me that there are about 60 bikes in the US that are affected by the recall. Here's what else I learned:

1. Our engines are on the way to the US via Air Transport, and should be in the US by mid next week.

2. From customs, they will go to the Aprilia Atlanta distribution center

3. From the Atlanta center, they will be shipped to dealers all over the US.

4. They should be at the dealers in two weeks time - we should make appointments with our dealers to do the change. Our dealers have been contacted before we have been, so they are aware that WE are now aware.

5. They have allocated 8-9 hours for the dealers to do the work. The replacement IS in fact a full engine, and should be a very easy process for the techs to complete, even if it's time consuming.

6. Even techs who are not "Aprilia veterans" will be able to effectively replace the engines. The main issue with these bikes apparently is that the engine needs to be dropped AND the frame needs to be raised for it to clear. Dealers will be provided with detailed instructions as well as tech support in the process

7. When you are contacted by your rep, they will take your jacket size.

8. My dealer will arrange to bring my bike in for service, since they are close by. Others will in fact be managed by roadside assistance. I personally plan to bring mine in myself.

9. They don't want us riding the bikes...for fear of a failure that could cause injury. No failures have been reported in the US (as we have heard). Dave did refer to some issues in Europe.
Overall, I was very pleased with the personal touch I received from Aprilia as part of this process. Dave called me initially at 11 AM ET today, and when I didn't answer, said he would call me back later - which he did - around 5PM. He spent time listening to me, an answering all my questions.

I am very impressed with how this is being handled. When I compare it to the Oil Burning Issue that exists with a number of 08 Honda CBR1000RRs (I Own one of those as well), there is no comparison. Aprilia wins, hands down. Honda will barely even own up to the problem, and when they do, they deal with it on a case by case basis, with techs having to open the engine and deal with changing rings. In this case, Aprilia is handling it by giving us entire engines.

Worlds apart, IMO.

Advertisement