MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Stolen Bike PSA/Mass email...

Ok so this may be a cheesy idea, I haven't had my bike stolen but I bet it really sucks. Those of you that have had it stolen may be off enough to carry this out, might be worth someone's time.

I was talking to my buddy at my apt and his girlfriend the other day. They had stolen his bike at George Bush park a while back while he was watching his 7 year old daughter play a soccer match. His girlfriend said that if she had seen someone dumping a bike onto a flatbed or into a minivan she would have just thought they couldn't get it started and needed some way to transport it. Not unless she had ACTAUALLY seen that it was her boyfriend's bike being jacked would she have actually thought to act or say something.

I also noticed that a common occurence in the stolen bike reports is that "No one saw anything". Maybe people that dont ride aren't even aware that anything is going on? Anyway, I get a bunch of email about email scams, hijacking, robberies, etc. How about we make a "Stolen Bike PSA" email, everyone emails it to everyone they know and we request that they keep it going. Things to look for, things that should stick out when a bike is being (or attempted to be) stolen. Get a license plate #, a phone pic, a description of the person or vehicle, call the police, the apt manager, maybe even follow them.

Everyone knows someone or has a family member that either rides, owns one in the same neighborhood/complex or sees one parked at night or out during the day. Might be worth a shot, and , even maybe get Motohouston some exposure (with Chris's permission).
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote