MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #61
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

wow sorry for your loss of the bike. I'm sorry but I don't trust anyone specially in my line of work. It makes perfect sense that one would case the locations of our meet & greets. Its basically window shopping, and all they need is a customer. I'm always hesitant to make conversation about my bike and what side of town I live in to strangers when we meet up....and it sucks cause they may be genuinely a nice person, but some A-HOLE thief has to go and jack peoples hard earned bikes. I'm going to have to start riding with add protection to keep my bike safe when I'm out (though my German Shepherd is still scared sitting on the back) People just be careful what info you give out and to whom. Don't jump the gun unless you have proof that a said person is involved. And hopefully you guys get the whole lot of those that you say you know who did whatever to whom
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen 2009 CBR600RR - $1000.00 Reward Kchristian Stolen Bike Reports 10 09-02-2010 02:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #62
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMissy View Post
PM PM PM it was tolen from the Windmill Lakes Apartments , Almeda Genoa and Windmill Lakes Blvd. Near the Almeda Mall
[IMG]newest 001[/IMG]
hey i've lived in those apts at 1x, we were broken into when i lived there.....

this was prolly early-mid 90's
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #63
SouthernSix
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

02 r6 stolen
Cr250 sold
01 zx6r wrecked

User is banned

Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #64
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
CaligoneTx. I hear your point and understand it. It sucks that things are this way, and we have to watch who we hang out with and who is trustworthy. A lot of this really doesnt suprize me at all, I had a guest come stay at my house. trying to be the nice person, since she had no other place to go I let her stay at my home. So being the nice person I said okay you can some stay at my home. Well this particular person crashed her bike, and I got a call at 3am would I come help get the bike and her. The next week she moves out to another members home, which was cool with me I didnt care I was just trying to help out. I was just trying to help, well I now have a wrecked bike in my garage. I asked to have the bike removed for several weeks, as I was told that "they" by these particular individuals that they were going to report the bike stolen. Mind you after I was told that she had put insurance on the bike "after" the wreck. To make a long story short, I had someone come by my home from the austin fraud insurance div., he talked to several members on what happend and what the truth was. I dont care to be involved in any kinds of like this, I have worked hard for everything I have. It sucks but since this I have been alot more guarded on who I let come to my home or even hang out with.

J
the good ol' days. no drama like that anymore.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
Old 10-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #65
superkat
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 10-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #66
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Southern Six, this has always been a community where we try to help each other and remain positive. This thread started going downhill after you accused Tom (CBR 1000)and 45 stunnaz. Then you come back and say everyone is petty for pointing fingers? Then you say, "I'm not talking about me saying someone's name, I'm talking about someone else saying someone's name." Huh? It's ok for you to point fingers but we're petty when we react to what you've falsely claimed about our fellow riders and friends?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #67
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

**** all ull who think its us i45stunnaz we a crew 20 deep and 11 out of that work in the plants and make decent amount of money I myself. So **** who ever said it was us make a meet we show up there and check out our bikes!!!! We don't need to be stealing. I got my bike stolen from the cove apt 2 its. So I knw ur feeling but dnt be putting a bad name for use out there.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #68
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

**** all ull who think its us i45stunnaz we a crew 20 deep and 11 out of that work in the plants and make decent amount of money I myself. So **** who ever said it was us make a meet we show up there and check out our bikes!!!! We don't need to be stealing. I got my bike stolen from the cove apt 2 . So I knw ur feeling but dnt be putting a bad name for use out there.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #69
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Dont lie. You know yall hang out at m&g's looking for 02 r6's.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #70
SouthernSix
Banned

02 r6 stolen
Cr250 sold
01 zx6r wrecked

User is banned

Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #71
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSix View Post
ok i know i said i wasnt going to post on here but when i said toms name i came right back and apologized so the only name im gonna say on here is "helios" eat a for posting up some petty stuff and if you have a problem with what i said, you know what it is. as for 45stunnas, i got a pm sayin it would be someone in your group so be mad if you want, but who cares.
Way to stay positive bro.

I wasn't trying to stab you in the eye man, I was just pointing out the reason I think this thread went downhill. You called people out by their names/bikes, then when their friends and fellow riders jumped in to defend them, you accused this community of being negative and calling names.

Stop and think about that for a minute....

I met you and your girl on the Gtown ride a couple of weeks back and you two seemed like really nice people. On that note, I'm really sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what it feels like to have your bike stolen with little chance for recovery. I hope you do find it or are able to get another one soon.

Now I'll get back to eating my ....
Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #72
ciao_strada

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopath View Post
Houston's population = 2,242,193
Number of Vehicles registered in the Houston area = 4,472,895

According to my research it seems ~450 motorcycles are reported stolen Statewide per month.

I can understand how you want it to be someone within arms reach, someone with a pattern or a reason- but the reality is they almost certainly are not.

Let's put it this way. If you were to start stealing bikes tomorrow- how would you go about that? Would you start by lurking boards and attending rides? No you wouldn't.

You and your methed-up/cracked-out homies would jump in one of your Mom's gutted minivans and you would take off towards apartment complex communities that you are sure don't have any off-duty Police Officers patrolling them.

Then you would load that up in about 10 seconds and drive off to your skeezy friends garage to part it out and start posting on e-bay. Then it's off to the drug dealer!

Want to catch some bike thieves? Set a trap. But I would wager you will have limited success playing Sherlock Holmes.

I feel terrible for those who have lost their bikes. I have had a car stolen- I know how powerless you feel.

I can see how *methed out* thieves could go about that way, but if you're dealing with even a semi pro ring, I disagree; theyd certainly want to do their research before taking risks. Analyze the bike, see its mods, how much its worth, etc. Going to meets would help. Idk about getting license plates, the Member Map feature is alot more convenient for "window shopping". Just my two bits.

Now I see the mood is getting cynical, so I'll just go ahead and say I have a full time job and could buy your bike any day thank you very much (unless you have a ducati or the sort)

For all the thieves/informants reading this post, my bike has 007 type self-destructing anti-theft.

For the victims, sorry for your losses, I hope you get some justice.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #73
superkat
Banned

Bike(s):
954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 10-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #74
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Take the to PM's... and the illiterate E-thug wanna-be BS somewhere else please.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #75
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #76
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Take the to PM's... and the illiterate E-thug wanna-be BS somewhere else please.
I think the man has a legit claim to .
He's a member here too and has every right to reply how he sees fit.

Now take your air of self-satisfied superiority elsewhere and let us bottom feeders have our say, even if it doesn't meet your high polished standards of literacy...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #77
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I think the man has a legit claim to .
He's a member here too and has every right to reply how he sees fit.

Now take your air of self-satisfied superiority elsewhere and let us bottom feeders have our say, even if it doesn't meet your high polished standards of literacy...
sure he's got right to be ticked...

Quote:
dog foreal you dnt wanna play with us alot of my members might not pay that much attention to this but i been on mh longer than you have i think i dnt do all yall meet and greets but i no a hand full of ppl on here you got an 02 r6 who in the fak wants to still a yamaha of all bikes look i dnt need to pm you this i want everyone to see this one day wen your at a meet and greet in your cage since you dnt have a bike and all and you get your knocked out thank that person that pm"d you saying it was one of my ppl. thats why you should have your in a storage or garage. your gonna off the wrong 25 mexican ppl that all live on the southeast side so keep talking
Chris or one of the other mods can correct me if I'm wrong about the bolded 'belonging' on, or being appropiate for this forum.

Wanna play e-peen, have at it...but at least create your own stupid thread for it, instead of continuing to fill someone else's thread with it.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #78
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Don't call someone a theif unless you have proof . That's 'd up .
Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #79
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #80