MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #41
bruce1000

Feedback Rating: (0)

I am tired of reading about bikes getting stolen. I know how you all feel. It sucks walking outside and your bike is gone . The shock . It takes days for it to sink in. Before you know it your chasing bikes when they pass by just because they look like your bike. Some off us are still paying for bikes we don't even have anymore . They will (and some have) be caught. And when they are you all will be surprised to see who they are.I never wanted to get on these sights . I rode for the love of riding.But when my bike was stolen I joined and it was the best thing I could have ever done. I caught them, and found my bike. I have met some great people on here that are here to help all of you. I can't promise that your story will end like mine but I will tell you this will all end soon.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen 2009 CBR600RR - $1000.00 Reward Kchristian Stolen Bike Reports 10 09-02-2010 02:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #42
02gixxer750

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr

bike theft is bad on the northside????????
Old 10-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #43
DJSuperVillain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR1000rr
07 ZZR600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSix View Post
like i was saying before maybe we should just really look at the people we are riding with. my bad tom aka cbr1000
There may have been another guy that night with a cbr1000 i was sittin with matt "theone" so if you saw someone with the other crew lookin then it wasn't my cbr

My bike crashed into a DJ
Old 10-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #44
Robopath
Post Crusader

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath
Houston's population = 2,242,193
Number of Vehicles registered in the Houston area = 4,472,895

According to my research it seems ~450 motorcycles are reported stolen Statewide per month.

I can understand how you want it to be someone within arms reach, someone with a pattern or a reason- but the reality is they almost certainly are not.

Let's put it this way. If you were to start stealing bikes tomorrow- how would you go about that? Would you start by lurking boards and attending rides? No you wouldn't.

You and your methed-up/cracked-out homies would jump in one of your Mom's gutted minivans and you would take off towards apartment complex communities that you are sure don't have any off-duty Police Officers patrolling them.

Then you would load that up in about 10 seconds and drive off to your skeezy friends garage to part it out and start posting on e-bay. Then it's off to the drug dealer!

Want to catch some bike thieves? Set a trap. But I would wager you will have limited success playing Sherlock Holmes.

I feel terrible for those who have lost their bikes. I have had a car stolen- I know how powerless you feel.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #45
black240
black240

Bike(s):
04' GSX R-750 (sold)
02' GSX R-750 (sold)
03' GSX R-600 (sold)
01' GSX R-1000 (sold)
1950 Chevy Styleline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSuperVillain View Post
There may have been another guy that night with a cbr1000 i was sittin with matt "theone" so if you saw someone with the other crew lookin then it wasn't my cbr

Tom.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #46
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopath View Post
Houston's population = 2,242,193
Number of Vehicles registered in the Houston area = 4,472,895

According to my research it seems ~450 motorcycles are reported stolen Statewide per month.

I can understand how you want it to be someone within arms reach, someone with a pattern or a reason- but the reality is they almost certainly are not.

Let's put it this way. If you were to start stealing bikes tomorrow- how would you go about that? Would you start by lurking boards and attending rides? No you wouldn't.

You and your methed-up/cracked-out homies would jump in one of your Mom's gutted minivans and you would take off towards apartment complex communities that you are sure don't have any off-duty Police Officers patrolling them.

Then you would load that up in about 10 seconds and drive off to your skeezy friends garage to part it out and start posting on e-bay. Then it's off to the drug dealer!

Want to catch some bike thieves? Set a trap. But I would wager you will have limited success playing Sherlock Holmes.

I feel terrible for those who have lost their bikes. I have had a car stolen- I know how powerless you feel.
That's how I would see it
Old 10-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #47
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

My friend said he saw this exact same bike on Saturday. He said he was a black male riding on 59 s and Hwy 6.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #48
Captain
The Beast

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Member Garage

You know it's ****ed up to aquise people of stealing bikes get the proof then talk. It sucks that this happens to memebers but it's life it happens every day. People need to stop posting other peoples names and involving them in something that is not even there business Edgar!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #49
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I cant speak about that person above, but the people that bruce and I are speaking of are convicted and do have records. Some have trial dates soon so we cannot bring up the names.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #50
bruce1000

I agree not to post there names. I have not. I want to but don't. I don't want one I want them all. Its just like hunting, don't get out of your stand to see if they are coming. Wait and they show up and make there own mistakes. Then you get to see the stupid look on there face when they get caught.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #51
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Fk thieves...I fken know who you are and im coming for yall.....hahahah just wait! I got your name I GOT YOUR
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #52
GFORCE
GFORCE

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750

READ THIS POST NOW..................

DONT BE POSTING OTHER PEOPLE THAT YOU DONT KNOW AND PUTTING PEOPLES NAMES ON YOUR THREAD THATS NOT F***ING RIGHT ON UR PART..IM NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING F**K THAT, THATS NONE OF MY BUISNESS IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN AND HOPEFULLY THE COPS CAN FIND IT..THE THAT BLACK240 PUT ABOUT ME HE MADE A MISTAKE ON THAT PART. HAPPENS THATS LIFE IF YOUR BIKE GETS STOLEN LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN THE FIRE BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE OR OTHER CREWS NO MATTER WHAT. IF YOUR SCARED OF YOUR BIKE GETTING STOLEN PUT FU**KING FULLCOVARGE AND CHAIN YOUR SH*T UP OR PUT IT IN YOUR HOUSE OR GET A STORAGE. RIGHT NOW ITS HARD TIMES FOR EVERYONE SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE JOBS SO THEY ARE GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY. I GOT MY HOUSE BROKEN IN TO BEFOR AND I KNOW HOW IT FEELS LOSEING THINGS THAT YOU PAYED FOR BUT LIKE I SAID LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT AND THE INSURANCE. DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN DANGER BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE CUZ IT MIGHT NOT BE THEM AT ALL AND YOUR STARTING SH*T FOR NO REASON.. LIKE LIKE I SAID IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ......................
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #53
GFORCE
GFORCE

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
DONT BE POSTING OTHER PEOPLE THAT YOU DONT KNOW AND PUTTING PEOPLES NAMES ON YOUR THREAD THATS NOT F***ING RIGHT ON UR PART..IM NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING F**K THAT, THATS NONE OF MY BUISNESS IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN AND HOPEFULLY THE COPS CAN FIND IT..THE THAT BLACK240 PUT ABOUT ME HE MADE A MISTAKE ON THAT PART. HAPPENS THATS LIFE IF YOUR BIKE GETS STOLEN LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN THE FIRE BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE OR OTHER CREWS NO MATTER WHAT. IF YOUR SCARED OF YOUR BIKE GETTING STOLEN PUT FU**KING FULLCOVARGE AND CHAIN YOUR SH*T UP OR PUT IT IN YOUR HOUSE OR GET A STORAGE. RIGHT NOW ITS HARD TIMES FOR EVERYONE SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE JOBS SO THEY ARE GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY. I GOT MY HOUSE BROKEN IN TO BEFOR AND I KNOW HOW IT FEELS LOSEING THINGS THAT YOU PAYED FOR BUT LIKE I SAID LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT AND THE INSURANCE. DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN DANGER BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE CUZ IT MIGHT NOT BE THEM AT ALL AND YOUR STARTING SH*T FOR NO REASON.. LIKE LIKE I SAID IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ......................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONT BE POSTING OTHER PEOPLE THAT YOU DONT KNOW AND PUTTING PEOPLES NAMES ON YOUR THREAD THATS NOT F***ING RIGHT ON UR PART..IM NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING F**K THAT, THATS NONE OF MY BUISNESS IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN AND HOPEFULLY THE COPS CAN FIND IT..THE THAT BLACK240 PUT ABOUT ME HE MADE A MISTAKE ON THAT PART. HAPPENS THATS LIFE IF YOUR BIKE GETS STOLEN LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN THE FIRE BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE OR OTHER CREWS NO MATTER WHAT. IF YOUR SCARED OF YOUR BIKE GETTING STOLEN PUT FU**KING FULLCOVARGE AND CHAIN YOUR SH*T UP OR PUT IT IN YOUR HOUSE OR GET A STORAGE. RIGHT NOW ITS HARD TIMES FOR EVERYONE SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE JOBS SO THEY ARE GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY. I GOT MY HOUSE BROKEN IN TO BEFOR AND I KNOW HOW IT FEELS LOSEING THINGS THAT YOU PAYED FOR BUT LIKE I SAID LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT AND THE INSURANCE. DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN DANGER BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE CUZ IT MIGHT NOT BE THEM AT ALL AND YOUR STARTING SH*T FOR NO REASON.. LIKE LIKE I SAID IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ......
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #54
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONT BE POSTING OTHER PEOPLE THAT YOU DONT KNOW AND PUTTING PEOPLES NAMES ON YOUR THREAD THATS NOT F***ING RIGHT ON UR PART..IM NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING F**K THAT, THATS NONE OF MY BUISNESS IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN AND HOPEFULLY THE COPS CAN FIND IT..THE THAT BLACK240 PUT ABOUT ME HE MADE A MISTAKE ON THAT PART. HAPPENS THATS LIFE IF YOUR BIKE GETS STOLEN LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN THE FIRE BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE OR OTHER CREWS NO MATTER WHAT. IF YOUR SCARED OF YOUR BIKE GETTING STOLEN PUT FU**KING FULLCOVARGE AND CHAIN YOUR SH*T UP OR PUT IT IN YOUR HOUSE OR GET A STORAGE. RIGHT NOW ITS HARD TIMES FOR EVERYONE SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE JOBS SO THEY ARE GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR MONEY. I GOT MY HOUSE BROKEN IN TO BEFOR AND I KNOW HOW IT FEELS LOSEING THINGS THAT YOU PAYED FOR BUT LIKE I SAID LET THE COPS DEAL WITH IT AND THE INSURANCE. DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN DANGER BY POINTING AT OTHER PEOPLE CUZ IT MIGHT NOT BE THEM AT ALL AND YOUR STARTING SH*T FOR NO REASON.. LIKE LIKE I SAID IM SORRY YOUR BIKE GOT STOLEN............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ......
u need a hug buddy? its ok my sheet was stolen 2....
Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 AM   #55
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
u need a hug buddy? its ok my sheet was stolen 2....
hahaha I think we've all had something stolen from us. If not, its gonna happen.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #56
GFORCE
GFORCE

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750

IM NOT TRYING TO TALK SH*T TO ANYONE HERE IM JUST SAYING THE TRUTH. SH*T HAPPENS AND POINTING FINGERS OR SAYING PEOPLES NAMES IS GOING TO START WITH OTHER PEOPLE......
Old 10-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #57
Captain
The Beast

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Member Garage

I agree with GFORCE ! 100%
Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #58
SloK8

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
93' Harley FXR
**stolen**08' Hayabusa

Member Garage

life in the big city....sh*t gets stolen....it sucks but true. hope you get your bike back
Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #59
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I hope you researched how theft division work.

They come into play AFTER a vehicle is found.

I have ridden countless bikes and have been pulled over with them. I give my license and insurance(which obviously doesnt match the bike Im riding) and have never been questioned.

Last time I was pulled over was in Montgomery on JustNick's bike w four others. The cop said he was going to site us for inspection stickers not being visible. I simply said "this is not my bike" and he didnt ask any other questions. Naturally if he did run the plates they wouldnt come up as stolen but goes to show how things can fly under the radar for some time.

I'd rather be proactive at least for others if mine may be long gone. Pointing fingers publically wont get anything done; but concerns were addressed and if you were in the other situation Im sure you'd appreciate any leads.

People have seen me call cops on the spot when riders brag about their bike being hot. I dont fk around w that chit. You wanna pretend ur a badazz fine; he was lying, he owned the bike(this example.) And we have been stopped at events at the Pavilion where cops asked if they can run our vins. I dont hesitate on mine. Unfortunately the whole group complies if they are with me. But these are small steps that make a difference and really dont cost me anything then over a couple minutes.

If someone was questioning me Id be happy to say "no it was me u were talking about" because Im clean. Just some thoughts.

U can play a victim and about it or take some type of actions to at least warn others if not take it further and watch, follow and prosecute known people in the trade.

Last edited by CaligoneTx; 10-13-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #60
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I 've had a GSX-R stolen a few years ago, and I am i agreeance that setting a trap would be the way to go. Problem is the people that do this kinda stuff have no problem putting a cap in you at 4 in the morning in the f'in ghetto. So its kind of a rock and a hard place situation. Just keep your t in a garage.

Advertisement