MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Feedback Rating: (0)

my thoughts for today on my new life

i find myself not hurtung so much when i walk, i still get tired, but i suck it up and push forward, i do still hurt mentally, something that i still fear well never leave, i have seem to hurt the ones close to me for so long that now that im trying to make right what was wronged that its not working, to much damage done, i still worry about losing my love, i trust her, and i love her, but i dont think it will ever leave my head that it would just be easier for her to walk, everyday that i see her i feel blessed to have her in my life, that gave me atleast one more day to show her what she is to me. i went to a support group in my area last night with other amputees, they all either were missing just a arm or just a leg, i was asked which one do i miss more, i said my arm, then people missing a leg got a little upset, said they much rather had lost a arm, it was just my opinion. truthfully, a shoulda said - i miss them both. but i do miss my arm more not because i cant pick things up with it, the main reason is because i just want to hold her so bad, id give anything to be able to do that again. i find myself being more open with people, maybe writting this down is working. i tell people my thoughts a lot now, weather they want to hear it or not, im not looking for someone to listen, just be there, so i think you are. i have had a rough time with my girls mom. shes never liked me, i have never liked her, but i am trying, it is important to my soon to be wife. i would be ok with her if when the whole family attacked her daughter that it wasnt i that stood up and said something, and when i did she told me to be quiet, that it was not my place, i said that is my girlfriend you all made cry, and it is my place...this happen a year ago, but ever since her mom thinks i am disrespectful....and i am....to those that have no respect for me or a loved one. but i have put my defences down with her hoping to start over,,,,again...time will tell.
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
thoughts? USMCR1 Taking it to the Track 10 08-26-2013 08:11 AM
i need a long life tire what are ur thoughts Jerzey General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 01-01-2010 11:57 AM
Today Now! / Boy Finds Own Real-Life E.T gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 11-30-2009 05:04 AM
So I took a big step in life today ivtecnician Off Topic 43 01-24-2009 02:46 AM
Today's reading is from the Book of Corporate Life. Chapter 1, verses 1-15 Grinchy Off Topic 0 01-15-2009 08:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

you got your head in the right place........most poeple would just give up..but you keep going...so dnot let little things ruin positive thinking..
Old 04-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

4 those who dont know i rode, i wrecked, lost a arm and a leg
Old 04-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

The only thing I can tell you is don't push her away with your fears. She is with you because she wants to be I am sure. Just tell her how you feel. And LISTEN when she tells you how she does. You and her have been through alot, hold onto that when you start to doubt.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie
The only thing I can tell you is don't push her away with your fears. She is with you because she wants to be I am sure. Just tell her how you feel. And LISTEN when she tells you how she does. You and her have been through alot, hold onto that when you start to doubt.
thanks, and i know
Old 04-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
SE_Ryder122

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

stay strong, man. i can only imagine how tough things are for you, but you seem to be doing very well. keep going the way you're going and you'll be alright. your mentality is going to pull you through all this.
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #7
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
just keep ur head up high bro...
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
PSYCHO1000
" 2 THE WALLS

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR PSYCHO1000, 2005 Kawi 636 Racebike

Never give up! Keep being strong-for you and for your loved ones. That's what they would want most of all. I can relate to the future-mother-in-law situation, don't give up on that either. She doesn't have to like you or you her, but it only makes things easier on you and your girl if ya'll get along. Most importantly, don't give up! You have been through more than most and you still have an awsome attitude towards life. You are one of the few people that I admire. I only hope that I could do what you do if something like that were to happen to me. Not to sound "corny" but you're like one of my heros! Keep your spirits high!
PSYCHO1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000
Never give up! Keep being strong-for you and for your loved ones. That's what they would want most of all. I can relate to the future-mother-in-law situation, don't give up on that either. She doesn't have to like you or you her, but it only makes things easier on you and your girl if ya'll get along. Most importantly, don't give up! You have been through more than most and you still have an awsome attitude towards life. You are one of the few people that I admire. I only hope that I could do what you do if something like that were to happen to me. Not to sound "corny" but you're like one of my heros! Keep your spirits high!
man...your gonna make me cry.......

btw, new nick name inspired by you...SUPER GIMP

LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

seems like you're dealing with it the right way. just keep pushin on, man. life is beautiful
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #11
PSYCHO1000
" 2 THE WALLS

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
man...your gonna make me cry.......

btw, new nick name inspired by you...SUPER GIMP

LOL

:laughing6 :laughing6
Old 04-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #12
PSYCHO1000
" 2 THE WALLS

Bike(s):

Hey, just curious if anyone has heard from Walter(nosRavenR1)??
Old 04-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000
Hey, just curious if anyone has heard from Walter(nosRavenR1)??

NOT I, NOT IN A WHILE, hes just not a post like us
Old 04-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #14
cytukyl

Bike(s):
01 red/white R6 badass edition
1996 honda cbr f3 (sold)

Member Garage

ur doing great with ur situation in hand, u just need to try to keep doubting urself and make u live ur life more now than ever. even though u were in wreck u are blessed with one thing that some ppl dont get and thats another chance at life, live it and enjoy it man, u sound like a strong person
EITHER.

cytukyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:11 AM   #15
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I was in an accident that ruptured 2 disks in my back. The pressure on my spinal cord was so great that it paralyzed my left side and only could move myright arm. for 2 weeks i was on the brink of the risk of no feeling or movement and pemanent paralysis. I pulled through after a long struggle and surgery and a lot of meds that i got hooked on too. I lost all my friends and pushed away every one that loved me. Your doing great. The people that love you--dont push them away. The one that stayed with me through all that was the girl that i married. Good luck
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #16
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

ty man, good words to hear
Old 04-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #17
1hander
1hand is enouph

Bike(s):
04 R1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander
hey bro, if you need a kick in the im here man,

the mental pain remains---you can put it away

the physical and phantom pains return every night like a bad dream you cant wake from, -----theres a way to beat them too

it hurts when u wanna hold someone you love and only have 1 arm-1s good enough

when u want to run with your kids but cant cuz you you gotta leg-i walk fast

the situation makes you bitter and hateful even to those that care about you...they understand and love you anyway

the drugs work but they make u different, dont take em you can deal with the pain---my pain reminds me im alive--i need it, i know that sound sick but its a part of my life 24 hours a day...i dont take em anymore....

what im trying to say is.....it will get better gradually---youll learn that even though things are more difficult, youll relearn, the hardest thing i had to relearn was how to with my my right hand LOL---afer that its all down hill

i know you dont think it, but this is going to make you 10 times stronger than you were before, r u the same man u were before.....no your better, stronger,more appreciative,compassionate....life is good in any form....

i gotta limp, 1 arm ,--------scarred up fukin face scars all over my body, retired dis/ army x S/F--
welder,metal fabricator,engine builder,mechanic,i drag raced fast cars, bikes, fly helicopters airplanes, paint bikes, ride still, electronic engineering, do my own reloading, shoot big guns, machinist, ----i learned these things after losing an arm, tragedy either breaks u or makes you superhuman, but its a choice----you can do either one...trust me ive been down both roads...
NEVER QUIT GODAMMIT
1hander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #18
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

i dont take the pills, i live with the pain, it has become my normal, and i know it makes me diffrent, in a good way,i am a lot more compassionate to others now.

<---- and that part, im right handed anyways.... so no relearning, just cant switch hit anymore. :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 04-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #19
1hander
1hand is enouph

Bike(s):
04 R1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander
then its all downhill little brother----make it a good ride, so whe you die you die you can say it was a good run
youve been given an opportunity to see life in a new and better way, no one and i mean no one who hasnt been through something like what you have will enjoy life the way you do..
1hander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:04 PM   #20
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

your right, this i know

Advertisement