MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #21
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
thanks big buddy, now i want a dirtbike
Do it. It will make you a better rider.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Cycle Gear south 9/1 6-9p bike night/bike wash Ilean Events, Meets and Rides 11 09-01-2011 06:49 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

i also wanna do TMGP. i want one of every bike!
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #23
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
I always thought that either you had a motard or a dirt bike. As the suspension settings are totally differnt. And after going through and setting it up for a good Motard that it was not worth riding dirt agian. Is this not right ??? I saw a pretty bad at Motorcycles Unlimited this past weekend. Nice Motard for sure 7500 or so ???

J
Correct; Suspension set-up is crucial to optimum performance depending on rider ability, riding style, physical characteristics, specific off-road use, specific motard use.... the list goes on. I dont think I would ever be satisfied with a do-it all bike for performance reasons, of course others may disagree
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #24
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

I will be selling my '06 KX450F in a few weeks. I am waiting on the title to be mailed to me. It is in excellent condition, never crashed, etc. It has an FMF Pipe and "Tall" seat. I also have the stock seat and stock exhaust. I bought it new in 2007. It only has about 6 hrs on it. It mostly sits in my garage.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #25
99 Chris
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #26
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Since you own a gsxr1000, you could handle a 450 4-stroke. As always i'll recommend a honda. 450's are gonna be a great choice if your going to want to do some motard action as well. On the same token, you could have just as much fun on a 250 four stroke as well and that would be a bit more forgiving just starting out in the dirt or going to a MX track. The 450 is alot more bike to handle if your not used to riding a dirt bike made for competition. Both would be a ton of fun and you can motard both.
do not listen to this advice get a 250 4 stroke and start learning. i went from street bikes trackdays racing and all that jumped on this yz450f and i have been struggling it's so much power on the dirt.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #27
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
do not listen to this advice get a 250 4 stroke and start learning. i went from street bikes trackdays racing and all that jumped on this yz450f and i have been struggling it's so much power on the dirt.
I got a motor in. Give me a call when you want to come ride on my side of town.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #28
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
CHRIS,

If this thing checks out (since no pics have been added to the thread), it looks like a reasonable deal....

This thing was 6k when it came off the showroom floor...DO NOT BUY NEW...unless you have disposable income and don't mind spending the $$$.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110235
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #29
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
I always thought that either you had a motard or a dirt bike. As the suspension settings are totally differnt. And after going through and setting it up for a good Motard that it was not worth riding dirt agian. Is this not right ??? I saw a pretty bad at Motorcycles Unlimited this past weekend. Nice Motard for sure 7500 or so ???

J
7500 for a motard seems a bit much depending on what kind it is.. I just bought a nice CRF450R and a set of excel rims with almost new tires on them for 2500. Suspension setting are different but from what I am told dropping the suspension a few inches will not affect you much unless you are flying threw the air and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
i also wanna do TMGP. i want one of every bike!

Thats what we did.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #30
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

And Chris hurry up and get one and you can learn how to ride a motard with me!

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #31
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
Read my entire post. Either bike would be good for him IMO.. Like I said, the 250 4-stroke would still be a blast and a bit more forgiving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement