MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

2010 MotoGP Tickets Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix

Im looking for help/tips/ideas on making my first trip to Laguna Sega in 2010. What tickets to purchase, where to stay and what events to attend? Any other helpful info will help as well.
TIA
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Mo...ckets_Viewonly

Quote:
The biggest event on the 2009 schedule, the fifth annual Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, is set for July 3-5 and features the prestigious MotoGP World Championship. At the 2008 race, Tom Cruise along with 131,250 fans watched Valentino Rossi score his first victory on American soil. It was an epic battle between Casey Stoner and Rossi, with many changes of the lead and some very close racing. Rossi sealed his victory with a kiss, parking his bike in Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s legendary corkscrew, a series of turns with a 300 foot elevation change and kissing the pavement.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Ulster Grand Prix Superbike Race 1 Grinchy Taking it to the Track 5 08-29-2010 09:23 PM
RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GRAND PRIX gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-28-2009 10:29 PM
After the Flag at the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-12-2009 01:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I was there this year, It is an incredible exeprience, I stayed for a week and rode Northern Cali, there is plenty of time, I stayed with a friend, so that was free and he provided me with bikes to ride every day, that was awesome, It is a trip of a lifetime, Do some research and good luck, U wont regret it, and U dont have to buy really high dollar tickets, ours were $100, for all three days and I got a paddock pass for $20, I know people who spent $600+ on tickets, thats just not necessary
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
I was there this year, It is an incredible exeprience, I stayed for a week and rode Northern Cali, there is plenty of time, I stayed with a friend, so that was free and he provided me with bikes to ride every day, that was awesome, It is a trip of a lifetime, Do some research and good luck, U wont regret it, and U dont have to buy really high dollar tickets, ours were $100, for all three days and I got a paddock pass for $20, I know people who spent $600+ on tickets, thats just not necessary
What turn did you guys get seats for? How were they? Looks like a blast!
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I didnt really buy seats, we go general admission, so we were everywhere, which was fine for me, we finally watched the race from turn 2, it was awesome, I got pics of me sitting on Rossis actual M1 at the Yamaha booth, U dont get to do that just every day
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Grandstand seating where you can see the jumbotron is the way to go for the race on sunday. If you don't buy grandstand seats a good place to watch is from the fence between turn 1 and 2, you can see a lot of the track from there. Like Flyin'Duc said be sure and get pit passes, I thought we paid $60 for them but definately the way to go. That will get you into pits where riders and unbrella girls hang out for pic's, and where most of the swag is.
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Good thread, I'm making this trip as well.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

There were people giving pit passes away after they came out and some guys selling them for like 10 or 20 after they came out, definately worth going in there, saw most of the racers, etc in the pits
Old 10-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #8
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
I didnt really buy seats, we go general admission, so we were everywhere, which was fine for me, we finally watched the race from turn 2, it was awesome, I got pics of me sitting on Rossis actual M1 at the Yamaha booth, U dont get to do that just every day
Fawkin sweet!
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
G-Man
AKA RC4G

You first and foremost priority is to find a hotel room but be prepared to get raped on hotel prices. All the hotels bump their normal room rates 300% the weekend of MotoGP. The last time I attended Laguna I found a Motel 6 east of the track for $59 per night but this was before the local motels removed themslves from online booking. The weekend of the event that same Motel 6 was charging $185 per night. If anyone you know has a timeshare check and see if they have an option in Monterrey or Carmel that they would be willing to rent to you.

The best grandstand seats I've owned are in Turn 4. I also did a couple years in the suite seating in Turn 3. You really can't go wrong with General Admission tickets and finding a spot on the hill and at the base of the cork screw.

Consider flying in to San Francisco or San Jose for better airfare options/prices.

If you have $200 to spare consider doing the rock star gig and take helicopter shuttle service in and out of the track. Do it one time and you will never sit in traffic for hours wiating to get in/out of the track again.

To be honest I will be hard pressed to attend MototGP at Laguna again after attending MotoGP at Indinapolis this year. Indy is a completely different experience. Friendly people, the Indy Mile flat track races, decent hotel prices, great facilities and years of experience moving very large crowds in and out of the track efficiently make the Indy MotoGP a much better overall experience that than Laguna.

Last edited by G-Man; 10-05-2009 at 03:34 PM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement