Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #201
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Hey man, so you gonna keep the bike? Did they take your license?

I still say you start a thread and update everyone as this trods on.

Would be a great reminder for those on this board that would/have run.

Kinda like a Public Service Announcement. No joke.

Maybe PM a mod to see if they can keep it clean of all negative comm's and post whores. Worth a shot.
That does sound like a good idea.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High speed chase Schmidie Off Topic 14 03-15-2013 08:46 PM
police vs biker high speed chase SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 11-18-2012 12:49 AM
High speed chase last night.... kbaddict The Circus 7 06-20-2012 12:11 PM
High speed chase - Friendswood FJRmgm General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-24-2010 08:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #202
Badchev
Slow

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
That does sound like a good idea.
+1.....I'd like to know how this goes.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #203
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyeddyo7 View Post
So yes it was me. I just heard about this thread from a friend. The bike is an 09 R1. yes yes, stupid mistake. Everything about that article is true except for the club/ gang thing. Who joins gangs and clubs ? Although when asked why by the officers I did say " Because I though I could get away ". Tried to hide after I figured they had 71 mostly covered and there are few side roads plus I didn't know where they lead. The bike it self was topped out towards the last part of the chase. Speedometer reading between 180 in the curves and 190 in the straights. (factor your 10-15% off from factory) I counted 20 ish cops (mostly dps ) before trying to hide.. I still don't know how they knew where I was. ( There was a 3 to 5 min gap before they showed up ) estimate cost with lawyers and all that is around 3K +. So the lesson learned is a super fast bike doesn't account for the super mass amount of cops working for the counties.
Wow - you're an idiot...glad to know that.

Do me a favor? Stay as far away from me as you can when you're on the road. Better yet - get rid of the bike - you're too stupid to ride.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #204
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Wow - you're an idiot...glad to know that.

Do me a favor? Stay as far away from me as you can when you're on the road. Better yet - get rid of the bike - you're too stupid to ride.
hahahah lol thats messed up, pretty funny but messed up
Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #205
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #206
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
hahahah lol thats messed up, pretty funny but messed up
People that run from the cops are part of the reason we get stopped for license checks.

If your dumb cant remember to pull the **** over when the lights go off behind you, then by all means, stay the **** off the road.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #207
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Well I hope he learned his lesson.
Probably not. The only known cures for stupidity tend to be terminal.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #208
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #209
VenaSera
I pwn!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Member Garage

Y'all need some Midol...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #210
Luvtaride80

Wow, I just spent 30+ min reading this thread. That is a lot of ranting. Sucks for you Eddie, but that's the price ya pay for doing something so stoopid... I have to give him props only for manning up and saying he did it so he could take his abuse from everyone here.

Hope ya learned at least somethin, cuz next time it may not end so pretty.
Luvtaride80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #211
Abbas_Raza

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600RR

wanna race on the streets?
Abbas_Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #212
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
thieves

Well, that was a dumb decision and you probably know that now...I'll leave it at that. I really hope that if you make it through this and are ever allowed back on the roads again you learned your lesson and will ease up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb656 View Post
Yeah he just ruined his life. There is no way he is getting away with it, if they had 26 cars and 2 roadblocks and he hit three different counties doing over 180. Its an open and shut case. There is no reason the DA would cut a deal. It sucks, but that is the consequences of the actions. Hope he doesnt get hit with jail time he seemed like a pretty cool guy.
Yeah, that's felony right there. Not gonna be just a slap on the wrist. And I don't know exactly how the system works, but if each county is allowed to prosecute...well, 3 counts of felony on your record can't be good for anything, and will probably wind up in jail time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyeddyo7 View Post
So yes it was me. I just heard about this thread from a friend. The bike is an 09 R1. yes yes, stupid mistake. Everything about that article is true except for the club/ gang thing. Who joins gangs and clubs ? Although when asked why by the officers I did say " Because I though I could get away ". Tried to hide after I figured they had 71 mostly covered and there are few side roads plus I didn't know where they lead. The bike it self was topped out towards the last part of the chase. Speedometer reading between 180 in the curves and 190 in the straights. (factor your 10-15% off from factory) I counted 20 ish cops (mostly dps ) before trying to hide.. I still don't know how they knew where I was. ( There was a 3 to 5 min gap before they showed up ) estimate cost with lawyers and all that is around 3K +. So the lesson learned is a super fast bike doesn't account for the super mass amount of cops working for the counties.
Man, if you can get away without injury, jail time, and for only $3k....you are the luckiest person alive, if not . Let's just say it cost me $3k JUST for lawyer fees on a class-b misdemeanor that ended in a plea bargain anyway. (Yeah, I made a stupid decision too - lesson learned) Court fines of $1500-2000, $3000 surcharge fee to the state, split into 36 payments for 3 years after the offense, and then of course how much insurance will go up after this is on your record. It will not be cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I think reality is gonna set in when you hire your lawyer. I hate to see you thinking this is only gonna cost you 3g's. You better get ready. You cant get through a felony for 3g's Your gonna have close to 5g's in fees to probation alone if you get the 10yrs for a feolny. My lawyer was 5 g's and he didnt even go to trial with me.
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
People that run from the cops are part of the reason we get stopped for license checks.

If your dumb cant remember to pull the **** over when the lights go off behind you, then by all means, stay the **** off the road.
And that goes for any vehicle. Why run? The reward is nowhere near the risk...and unfortunately you're about to find that out.

Hopefully you truely learn from this and maybe get a second chance in the future. Please let us know how the process goes and what happens, as this will be good info for anyone who decides to ever run in the future. You may be able to save a couple people.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #213
Squidly

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2015 KTM SuperDuke 1290

As qouted from the Bastrop Advertiser.

Martinez made his mistake after cruising through Bastrop, where he lost a couple of deputies.

Bastrop Police Sgt. Clint Nagy in the departments Tahoe, tailed the motorcyclist to a storage unit, where he pulled over, allegedly to hide until the heat died down, Montgomery said. Nagy then held Martinez until Montgomery got there and arrested hime.

According to Montgomery, Martinez is part of a Houston motorcycle club whose riders try to outrun law enforcement as part of their club activities.

"He told me he had his iPod on classic rock and when he saw the first trooper he switched it to hard rock"' Montgomery said.

How did you not see thier Tahoe?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #214
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post

Martinez made his mistake after cruising through Bastrop, where he lost a couple of deputies.

Bastrop Police Sgt. Clint Nagy in the departments Tahoe, tailed the motorcyclist to a storage unit, where he pulled over, allegedly to hide until the heat died down, Montgomery said. Nagy then held Martinez until Montgomery got there and arrested hime.

According to Montgomery, Martinez is part of a Houston motorcycle club whose riders try to outrun law enforcement as part of their club activities.

Well, that's not so good!

Anyway, Eddy hasn't been on here since 10/05, but I got some good info for him. So whoever knows him, ask him to PM me.

I talked to another Attorney, Cheryl Irvin, about his case. She's also a former Harris County Judge. Based on what she told me, and understanding that he's only 19, maybe parents still helping him out, student, etc., etc.... that does get taken into consideration, as a Judge... and depending on who the Judge is. She ran off a bunch if things she would throw at him right off the bat... but not once did I hear her say the words "jail time". Key words were "stupid kid", "What was he thinking? Kids!", "... studies about the maturity level of males"... (we don't really mature until we're about 24 yrs old. )... vs. females (teens)... peer pressure... the need to prove ourselves when you're that young, etc., etc...

Anyway, have him PM me, or pass this info to him. She won't represent him, but only because she only does Harris County. But she said if he gives her a call, she can definitely refer him to some "very good attorneys" that do Bastrop. She just hopes he understands now how f'd up he would have been if anything went wrong at those speeds... "puff"... disintegration, and cleaning things up with a shop vac<<< her analogy, not mine.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #215
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mr.haterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
I wish my local paper had a link to a motorcycle high speed chace this week that went thru 3 counties .. bike was originally clocked at 116 mph in Colorado county ran thru Fayette at 165mph and Bastrop at 185mph .. he out ran all the marked cars and tried to hide in a warehouse in Bastrop .. but an unmarked car nabbed him .. his comment to the police is classic squid .. he said (i belong to a sport bike gang from Houston and we do this for fun )

I THINK his name was Edgar Martinez i'll get another copy and get the name .. but he made the headlines here .. and i'm sure his pocket book will pay for the new paint job on the court house ..

hahahaha
Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #216
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

rofl. switched from classic to hard rock. hahahahaa
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #217
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
rofl. switched from classic to hard rock. hahahahaa
Thats when ya know "The H is O"
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #218
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly View Post

"He told me he had his iPod on classic rock and when he saw the first trooper he switched it to hard rock"' Montgomery said.

Switch his ipod from classic rock to hard rock...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #219
Production675

I have rode with this guy one on one he is way to ballie for me doing 150 in 59 s traffic and he was still pushing it, in and out of traffic and it is a 2009 R1
Production675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #220
eltejano
I smell pretty

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR_1000_Po View Post
Switch his ipod from classic rock to hard rock...
Thats pretty funy.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement