Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #61
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

after trying PLUGS for a few times i now ride with plugs. not unless its really close and nothing over 40-50. other wise i have now started using plugs... gave the ipod up
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the importance of earplugs brian1570 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-21-2013 12:42 PM
Custom Molded Earplugs bumblebee General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 06-09-2009 04:31 PM
Headphones/Earplugs while riding? QTip Off Topic 3 04-03-2009 01:16 PM
Do you wear earplugs? cyclesnoopy General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-05-2007 09:02 PM
earplugs? SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 08-01-2006 08:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #62
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6er View Post
after trying PLUGS for a few times i now ride with plugs. not unless its really close and nothing over 40-50. other wise i have now started using plugs... gave the ipod up
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #63
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6er View Post

See!!!! I told ya, last night I went for a ride to Belville with some buds and wore earplugs.... of course.....

When I got home, I went for a short ride in my truck with no music on and the wind noise was louder in my truck! lol

Glad I was able to show someone the light
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #64
Bean
you like apples?

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

anything over 85db sustained will cause permanent hearing damage - all you ipod/whatevers out there, think about it

I always rock earplugs (gotta say dbuck told me so)

+1 on reducing fatigue (just try a track day without them, then one with them - you'll see)
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #65
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post

See!!!! I told ya, last night I went for a ride to Belville with some buds and wore earplugs.... of course.....

When I got home, I went for a short ride in my truck with no music on and the wind noise was louder in my truck! lol

Glad I was able to show someone the light
for comparison purposes i rode with plugs on from asi (sprited) to my chicks house, dropped her off and took off the plug to ride home (7 mins away). and from the ride home i got on it for a second and was like my exhaust is loud that it hurt my ear for a second.

another instance was riding (somewhat spirited on free way) to work one way with and one way without... HOLY CRAPOLA. major difference.

<<<< thats my bike with dumped pipes below my pegs. retarded loud anyway but it really put it into perspective...

im still hearing wind noises still but it is from my shoei lid. noise isnt as bad its like a whistle now. i think the gasket/seal around the shield isnt holding up as well as it should. i am running on some foam plugs though. i've read about silicon but have yet to find/try

and one of my main concerns was streetablility. well no complaints on my end so far. cars will move the same wether u can hear them or not. personally my exhaust drowns out most sounds. i still look back (dont have mirrors) when changing lanes and when stopped. and as always try to be most aware of my surroundings as possible.

Last edited by mx6er; 10-07-2009 at 05:20 PM.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement