MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
pimp2303

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
78 Yamaha yz400, 07 Honda cr-f230,

Member Garage

InNeedOfBoost...

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=541708

you sold your bike and the motor blew the next day
Old 09-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
landon05

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
2006 gsxr-750 custom painted by "House of Pain" SOLD!!!
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to landon05
that blows
Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by landon05 View Post
that blows
pun intended?

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Old 09-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
FuelSlut

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
mv agusta F4 1000 RR
R6
mv agusta F4 1000 S 1+1
gsxr 600
gsxr 1000

maybe he knew something was going wrong... says he had all new engine gaskets... you don't fix something that's not broken...
Old 09-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
This makes it right here :

Quote:
came factory with bluish purple frame and matching wheels. X1's came factory F.I....but it had a lot of bugs, ECMs would randomly fry and wiring was usually crappy. Do some research and you will see that they are usually switched to carburators by true enthusiast. I love this bike to death, harley motors will go FOREVER. BUT, i really want a 4cyl with some high end. This is a VERY torquey bike, but lacks in high end, tops at 143. All that torque, and it is still very easy to control around town.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

it is a hardley.....lol
Old 09-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
He bought on 9/13 & said it blew up the next day . But he waited 2 weeks to post up .
Old 09-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...but, let me note. 'Sold' post was 9-13, the post stating the motor blew the next day, was made on 9-26.

So the motor blew the day after but he waited almost 2 weeks to post about it?

Lol noted anti caught that too. :-)
Old 09-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelSlut View Post
maybe he knew something was going wrong... says he had all new engine gaskets... you don't fix something that's not broken...
it's a harley... prolly put new gaskets on it to keep oil from leaking out everywhere.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #10
Got-Busa?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

It's a BUELL, that is normal...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #11
Intermission
Pure Awesome

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Busa? View Post
It's a BUELL, that is normal...
You don't change the oil, just put in a new engine.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #12
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

that sucks
Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

wow, i'd be .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
AFS_Racing
Boost King

That is Ryan's old bike (which belonged to Junior prior). He got the Buell after wrecking the GS550. At least the Buell is gone...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #15
InNeedOfBoost
shift_PUMPKIN

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi Z1000

Send a message via AIM to InNeedOfBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
He bought on 9/13 & said it blew up the next day . But he waited 2 weeks to post up .
that was one of my points made.

i didnt even notice this got started.

To clear some things up before this guy decided to make me look bad:

Yes, it was rebuilt...i didnt do the work myself, the two previous owners are good friends...when i got it, it had a lot of issues and they told me if i ever needed anything to come to them. so i did so. i wasnt there when they did the work, but i KNOW for a fact the gaskets were changed. when i got it, the base gaskets were the red fiber kind. when i got it back, you could see the silver lining from the metal ones. i rode the bike for at least 3 or 4 months AFTER the rebuild with NO problems. when i sold it, i rode the bike well over an hour to meet up with him IN THE RAIN and the bike rode like a champ. before that, ive ridden it on several group rides (ask any CS rider and im SURE theyve seen me riding the thing all over the place), and it was my ONLY mode of transportation. On top of that, ive ridden it to houston MULTIPLE times...at least once a week for about a month straight. Only thing that EVER gave me issues was the carb boot, the clamp that was on it was and would come loose every now and than. simple 5 min fix though. i finally got a enw clamp but left last minute when i sold the bike because of the rain.

Technically and legally, i dont have to give this guy ...but guess what, thats not in my nature, i felt bad for what had happened and told him i was going to help out. he wanted a big bore kit, so i told him id buy it for him. than he tells me to just pay for a stock rebuild, so i agree. now, he says he is going to go back to fuell injected and wants me to buy him a new race ECU since he apparently already spent 2300 on a STOCK rebuild. This guy cant even make up his mind on what he wants and now i see this ? No, i honestly thought the bike was solid, if i didnt think it was, i wouldnt have ridden it as far as i did to give it to him and i wouldnt have trusted it as a daily with NO car. so justin, if you are on here, you can forget any type of help from me. you had your chance when i offered but you decided to make me look like a . for all i know, you ****ed it up when you were riding it.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste....

Last edited by InNeedOfBoost; 09-28-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #16
c.f.x1#215

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
i waited 2 weeks because we were trying to work something out. but i was/am about the deal. and kept bugging him and he kept saying that he has to look into it. then he started saying i was being a . which i kind of was because i actually got and attorney and was going to come after him. but that went out the door because we did some research. he's not liable. so i became more cuz my only mode of transportation was this bike and i trusted him. i even called a couple times on 9-11 or 9-12 to make sure this bike is great because my dad was giving me a ride and he told me he would be if the bike sucks. so as long as i went and it rode fine i was buying it cuz it was quite a drive. im afraid of my dad. lol 6ft3 25 year military officer and drill sgt. back in the day. i do as he says. lol

it did blow on 9-13 (my birthday). i just gave it time to try to come up with some $ like he said he was.

Last edited by c.f.x1#215; 09-28-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #17
c.f.x1#215

Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfBoost View Post
that was one of my points made.

i didnt even notice this got started.

To clear some things up before this guy decided to make me look bad:

Yes, it was rebuilt...i didnt do the work myself, the two previous owners are good friends...when i got it, it had a lot of issues and they told me if i ever needed anything to come to them. so i did so. i wasnt there when they did the work, but i KNOW for a fact the gaskets were changed. when i got it, the base gaskets were the red fiber kind. when i got it back, you could see the silver lining from the metal ones. i rode the bike for at least 3 or 4 months AFTER the rebuild with NO problems. when i sold it, i rode the bike well over an hour to meet up with him IN THE RAIN and the bike rode like a champ. before that, ive ridden it on several group rides (ask any CS rider and im SURE theyve seen me riding the thing all over the place), and it was my ONLY mode of transportation. On top of that, ive ridden it to houston MULTIPLE times...at least once a week for about a month straight. Only thing that EVER gave me issues was the carb boot, the clamp that was on it was and would come loose every now and than. simple 5 min fix though. i finally got a enw clamp but left last minute when i sold the bike because of the rain.

Technically and legally, i dont have to give this guy ...but guess what, thats not in my nature, i felt bad for what had happened and told him i was going to help out. he wanted a big bore kit, so i told him id buy it for him. than he tells me to just pay for a stock rebuild, so i agree. now, he says he is going to go back to fuell injected and wants me to buy him a new race ECU since he apparently already spent 2300 on a STOCK rebuild. This guy cant even make up his mind on what he wants and now i see this ? No, i honestly thought the bike was solid, if i didnt think it was, i wouldnt have ridden it as far as i did to give it to him and i wouldnt have trusted it as a daily with NO car. so justin, if you are on here, you can forget any type of help from me. you had your chance when i offered but you decided to make me look like a . for all i know, you ****ed it up when you were riding it.
the harley dealership i put this bike into said it has never been rebuilt. maybe a gasket but even that leaked when i got it. YES THE BIKE RODE GREAT, EVEN IN THE RAIN. the problem was not gaskets. it was the cheap carburetor that this guy put on. THATS WHAT HIS "FRIENDS" SAID. the carb was way too small for this motor and over these months of him riding it was detonating and slowly burning a hole into the piston.

i know he didnt have to offer to help but he was telling me it would be quite a while. I DONT HAVE A WHILE.

or you knew it was about to die and knew there could be nothing i could do thanks to the buy as is in the state law from private parties.

i guess its my fault the motor blew. a whole 1 hour and a half of riding and not ever going over 70 cuz honestly im a little scared thanks to me not riding in 4 years until this bike.

CLIFFNOTES:

-I BUY BUELL.
-meet half way
-bike rides great the 1 hr. home
-next morning i am a half hour into ride and motor blows
-take to harley
-they pull it apart
-tells me carb is too small (huge hole in piston due to running lean)
-i ask dude for help.
-he says cool but will be a while
-so i attempt to do big bore
-big bore too expensive so i go stock w/ bigger carb.
-i have harness so i decide to go cheap route and go f.i.
-dude says he will LOOK into a race ecm and get back at me
-harness is mangled and cut so i cant do that. (cheaper to get bigger carb)
-i just mention on h-i that motor blew.

oh well. im ****ed. he got his money. oh well i guess.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

dang....that sucks
Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #19
InNeedOfBoost
shift_PUMPKIN

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi Z1000

Send a message via AIM to InNeedOfBoost
you think money grows on trees?? im not rich, im a full time student and had already bought another bike. if i had cash lying around, i wouldve given it to you. it didnt take 2 weeks for us to work something out, i offered my help a couple of days later. now your threatening me via text message? go ahead, you do what you think is necessary, im done with all this BS, i have enough to worry about. i dont need some punk threatening me even after i offered my help.

Oh and the carb that was in the box was from a 70's SHOVELhead, not ironhead. thats the one that the previous owners put on and it wasnt NEARLY enough gas, it would die on the highway because the bowl would run out. the one that was on there when you bought it was from a 90's model sportster with bigger jets and a fresh rebuild that i did myself. That shovelhead carb was on there for MAYBE a week at most before i got that other one from a respectable shop here in BCS. The guys that work there have been doing this for YEARS and one of the guys has a 00 lightning, they all told me that the shovelhead carb was never enough and sold me the sportster carb with new jets and gasket kit.

An on-ramp is a terrible thing to waste....

Last edited by InNeedOfBoost; 09-28-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
c.f.x1#215

I BOUGHT/GOT THE BIKE LATE 9-12. MAYBE AROUND 9PM I THINK. I DIDNT GET HOME UNTIL ABOUT 1030-11
Closed Thread

Advertisement