MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







I'm just a passenger for now...

My husband and I got a '09 1200 Custom Sporster back in March I think it was. We had/have in mind that the Sporster is just to start us off on and will later be my bike and we'll get Sean (my husband) a bigger bike. We're kind of new at the "big bikes" still, but I've been riding dirt bikes my whole life and well he's a city kid so he didn't get all the oportunities that I did. Anyways long story short, we're a young couple in Katy that enjoy riding on the weekends cause we're too busy durring the week.
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much is your passenger worth? The Trav General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 07-05-2010 11:20 AM
Passenger Seat kswiss2301 Cruisers Lounge 2 08-11-2009 03:56 PM
passenger laws socplay50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-16-2007 02:39 AM
passenger newrider05 Safety Corner Main 22 09-07-2005 05:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Welcome to Motohouston!!! Im out in Katy
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Hey guys, welcome. You've come to the right place. You'll find lots to see, do, and read about around here. I'm near Katy also on Hwy 6 and I-10. Where do you guys usually ride?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Hey guys, welcome. You've come to the right place. You'll find lots to see, do, and read about around here. I'm near Katy also on Hwy 6 and I-10. Where do you guys usually ride?
I like going down country roads, not a lot of traffic and plenty to look at, and some cool little eateries... we went south at the fm rd near katy mills at tracter supply, can't seam to remember the name, and wound in in fulsher and then up in brookshire last sunday. I'm hoping to go out sometime tomorrow, but I have to see what all Sean (husband) has planned first. One day I'll get the to take the bike to Fredericksburg, but the back seat of a sporster is not cumfy for that long of a ride.
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
BadApple
What?
 
BadApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,683


Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50



Member Garage





Welcome!! I am in Katy as well!!
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Welcome!! I am in Katy as well!!
Hey! Cool. Anything else fun happen so far?
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #7
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Welcome to MotoHouston!!! I hope to see ya' round!
CNC machinist huh? I can watch those things run ALL DAY long.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Welcome to MotoHouston!!! I hope to see ya' round!
CNC machinist huh? I can watch those things run ALL DAY long.
Yeah, not my choice of career. My dad got me started and well it pays better than much else I could do, save for dancing or something of the sort but you know... I run lathes, but used to do mills. How about you?
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbybabie View Post
Yeah, not my choice of career. My dad got me started and well it pays better than much else I could do, save for dancing or something of the sort but you know... I run lathes, but used to do mills. How about you?
It's certainly not a "bad" choice. I know some 1st Class Machinists pulling over 100K a year.

Me? I model/design/engineer parts that go into those machines for National Oilwell Varco.

I'm the guy that probably makes your life ...LOL
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #10
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
It's certainly not a "bad" choice. I know some 1st Class Machinists pulling over 100K a year.

Me? I model/design/engineer parts that go into those machines for National Oilwell Varco.

I'm the guy that probably makes your life ...LOL
Ah fun. Machining is easy its the lack of human interaction that bogs me down though. I want to go back to school to be a RN in pediatric oncology, but I have to help pay for a house, bike and car note that have been bought within the yr. I'll tell you what, working with a bunch of men is not what I want to do for the rest of my life... I'm the only chick in there and well I hear all the sexual comments. Animals I say! But I'm cool with the guys so it's all good.
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:18 AM   #11
JRxGRUBZx
.............
 
JRxGRUBZx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: h**town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,325

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .






Put some street tires on them dirtbikes and come have some fun at asi one Saturday
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:21 AM   #12
spyderryder
Paid Poser
 
spyderryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 583

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1k
2006 r6-sold
2002 gsxr 600-sold
95 yzf 600-sold






Send a message via MSN to spyderryder Send a message via Yahoo to spyderryder
Welcome to MH! My husband (Sean aka RandomStranger) and I also live in Katy. There are a lot of great people on this forum!
spyderryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #13
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderryder View Post
Welcome to MH! My husband (Sean aka RandomStranger) and I also live in Katy. There are a lot of great people on this forum!
I've found everyone I've spoke with to be cool so far... I suppose those "bad" bikers are quite so bad after all! Nah, I grew up with bikers, well Harley bikers that is. nice to see there are plenty of women on here as well. Maybe one day I'll post from the drivers seat, but I'm too chicken so far, so I'll just chill in the b' seat for now
__________________
Sweet girly girl mixed with Fun tom boy
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #14
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Yeah. I hear you about the women in the, what some consider, a mans work place (totally not being sexist about that).

I hired this gal at my last job as a mechanical designer. She was a really good looking girl, had lots of experience in the oilfrield area and was what i considered the best person for the job. I made her a reasonable offer and she excepted but before I let her sign the dotted line I warned her. Oilfield guys get pretty....graphic and wound up. We cut it up a LOT. Granted she wasn't the only girl in the group, she was the best looking by far and I knew some of the guys would give her a little about her looks and add that to the general nature of us it would get pretty wild around there. So I wanted to make sure she was thick skinned enough to take it and fire back when need be.

She assured me she was good to go and had just about experienced everything some one in this field could and she would have no problems. The first two weeks went fine and she was fitting in with the guys really good. Well about 3-4 weeks into this thing she starts coming to me complaining about the cussing and the edgey jokes: etc. I reminded her that she assured me she could take it and would have no problems. We're talking complaints about things that weren't even directly spoken to her. So, not looking to get much help when she was 10 times a day from me she starts going to HR reporting sexual charges against my guys. I was a little upset about this and asked her to have a meeting with me out side of work to talk about her future with this company. She happily agreed, left my office and walked strait to HR telling them I was threatening her job with etc.

Suffice to say I had to coax her into leaving the company with a healthy serverence to drop all her bullshit and to never be seen again. The way I figure is this chick makes a living getting jobs at companies she knows where the guys are really rough around the edges; gets the jobs and starts her bullshit and works out a deal with the company (...we gave her 25,000$ to leave and shut her mouth).

I recently found out that she's done this at so many oilfield companies now she's on the permanent "do not hire this crazy she'll cost you a lot" list and now has been out of work for over 8 months.

The moral of this story is I'm medicated right now and feel like typing....
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:32 AM   #15
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbybabie View Post
Maybe one day I'll post from the drivers seat, but I'm too chicken so far, so I'll just chill in the b' seat for now
Don't be scared!!!! Get out there and do the MSF class and get you bootay riding down road!!!
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #16
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Yeah. I hear you about the women in the, what some consider, a mans work place (totally not being sexist about that).

I hired this gal at my last job as a mechanical designer. She was a really good looking girl, had lots of experience in the oilfrield area and was what i considered the best person for the job. I made her a reasonable offer and she excepted but before I let her sign the dotted line I warned her. Oilfield guys get pretty....graphic and wound up. We cut it up a LOT. Granted she wasn't the only girl in the group, she was the best looking by far and I knew some of the guys would give her a little about her looks and add that to the general nature of us it would get pretty wild around there. So I wanted to make sure she was thick skinned enough to take it and fire back when need be.

She assured me she was good to go and had just about experienced everything some one in this field could and she would have no problems. The first two weeks went fine and she was fitting in with the guys really good. Well about 3-4 weeks into this thing she starts coming to me complaining about the cussing and the edgey jokes: etc. I reminded her that she assured me she could take it and would have no problems. We're talking complaints about things that weren't even directly spoken to her. So, not looking to get much help when she was 10 times a day from me she starts going to HR reporting sexual charges against my guys. I was a little upset about this and asked her to have a meeting with me out side of work to talk about her future with this company. She happily agreed, left my office and walked strait to HR telling them I was threatening her job with etc.

Suffice to say I had to coax her into leaving the company with a healthy serverence to drop all her bullshit and to never be seen again. The way I figure is this chick makes a living getting jobs at companies she knows where the guys are really rough around the edges; gets the jobs and starts her bullshit and works out a deal with the company (...we gave her 25,000$ to leave and shut her mouth).

I recently found out that she's done this at so many oilfield companies now she's on the permanent "do not hire this crazy she'll cost you a lot" list and now has been out of work for over 8 months.

The moral of this story is I'm medicated right now and feel like typing....
Yeah I've heard about girls like that, such bull.
__________________
Sweet girly girl mixed with Fun tom boy
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:52 AM   #17
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Well...looks like it finally bit her in the .
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:52 AM   #18
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now
 
Tobbybabie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Don't be scared!!!! Get out there and do the MSF class and get you bootay riding down road!!!
If I were to be in the country, not the city I wouldn't be as reluctant to ride a bike. Did you hear about the hit and run arrest on friday night, the guy was right next to us, and we almost took our bike out that night. Not being a girl or anything, I love riding, but I also didn't expect the bike to be quite so heavy, we have a sporster, which I chose for it's size and weight.... and well I wanted a Harley, but it's heavy and it has forward mount controls and they're a little hard to reach. I have driven it once though, rather well, I didn't drop it, kill it when shifting, or kill myself so I have a good start with it. I'm so used to light dirt bikes.
__________________
Sweet girly girl mixed with Fun tom boy
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #19
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Granted riding in Houston is a little sketchy at times. As I'll give you that all day long...LOL. But if you're alert, sharp, pay attention and willing to be deffensive on the bike you can greatly reduce some risks.

As far as the bike goes...some of those bikes get heavy. I have a hard time holding my buddies Harley Road King up at lights at almost 1,000lbs.

Have you thought of something like this???
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...19/0/home.aspx

Reasonably sporty, comfortable (adjustable at that), decent looking, light and most importantly not explosively powerfull like other sport bikes. A bike like this would be great to learn on and still have a little bit of that " appeal". Lets face it, you got to have a bike you like to look at too. LOL
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:19 AM   #20
outlaw 4
Senior Member
 
outlaw 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 213

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
big prup (f41)
07 gsxr (stolen)
03 r6 sold







Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
Put some street tires on them dirtbikes and come have some fun at asi one Saturday
HOPE TO SEE U AT ASI SOME TIME
outlaw 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy