MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #61
Spectre5922
Grumpy old fart

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'92 GSXR 750

I've been riding for 25 years, so I have a few. Here are the ones I remember the most.........

1. It was on my second bike when I was 18 living in Katy. It was a summer day. I was just leaving my neighborhood and saw a couple of girls walking in bikinis, so I thought "Hey, I'm a badass. Let me show 'em. They'll love it!". Right before I was completely around the corner I went to pull a wheelie, hit a small patch of water, and the bike went one way and I went the other. I lost the pockets on my pants and my dignity, and of course, DID NOT get the girl!

2. Not long after the first incident (Can you tell I'm NOT a real quick learner sometimes?), I was riding in Sagemont on my KZ1000. I was coming up to the intersection where there was a car wash on both sides. I looked to my left and saw a boat being washed by 4-5 hot girls in bikinis (Do you see a trend starting here?). I kept checking them out, not realizing that the car in front of me had stopped to turn into the convenience store. I looked up right before I hit the rear bumper and ended up sprawled out on the trunk of the car. I was sore for a week, bent the forks and front rim. Once again, I DID NOT get the girl!

3. Back when I had my full dress CB900 Custom, I went shopping at Almeda Mall one summer Saturday afternoon. I wasn't planning on being there long, so I didn't put my kickstand pad under the stand and I didn't put it on the center stand (The bike weighed over 800 pounds). I ended up running into a girl that I knew while I was there, so we spent the day at the mall. When I came out, my bike was on it's side. I thought some a-hole had knocked it over. I tried to lift it, but couldn't get it to budge. I finally realized that it had gotten so hot outside that the asphalt got soft, the kickstand sunk in it, and the bike fell over. By the time I got outside it was cool and the asphalt had hardened around the kickstand. It took me an hour to dig enough asphalt out from under the bike to be able to even try to stand it back up.

I have plenty more, but that's enough for now.
Funny stupid fail moments on a bike.... Tisboihur General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-14-2013 04:16 PM
One of those DOH! moments... JSki General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-05-2008 01:49 PM
Blond Joke jrock Off Topic 5 09-20-2006 07:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #62
cobra281

Feedback Rating: (0)

Member Garage

Back in 2000 my brother had a CBR F2. The apartment where we lived had a parking garage and it would take 5 minutes or so to get your car out because there were 7 or 8 floors. I thought it'd be a good idea to take my brother's bike to the corner store for some smokes.

Well my brother is at work so I go in to his room and jack his key to the bike and go outside to start my great adventure.

I put the key in, turn on the ignition, pull the choke and start cranking. 5 minutes later, and I stumped why this bike will not start. I go inside the apartment and get our other roommate and outside we go to solve this unsolvable problem.

He jumps on it and tries to start it. No dice. We keep at this for another 10 or 15 minutes thinking, "It's flooded or more choke" etc etc.

Well by this time the battery was caput. She wouldn't even try to turn over any more. At this point I noticed it.

The kill switch was set to off. I had always used the ignition and left the kill switch alone so it never occured to me to check that.

Well my roommate and I push started his bike and got it running again.

All in all I had about 30 or 40 minutes to go approximately 1/10 of a mile. I thought I was going to save time. I should have just walked.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #63
MAVER1CK

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV650SF

Once incident and one almost incident...

1) Attempted to do a right hand u-turn on a driveway, while stopping in the middle of completing the u-turn, with both legs still on the peg. This was pre-MSF were I learned to shift the body wait to counter-balance. Luckily it was a slow motion lay down, as my wife and bro just watched me scream like a little girl for help. No damage to bike.

2) Learned why you should never park a bike downhill and leave it in neutral... I was rushing to close the garage door and didn't want to turn off the bike to leave it in gear. So I decided to put it in neutral, and put the kickstand down, facing downhilll on the driveway. As soon as I started to get off the bike, I feel the bike roll just enough to push the kickstand into the up position.. luckily I was not fully off the bike yet and was able to catch it before it dropped to the floor.
MAVER1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #64
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Hopped off bike being Billy bad forgetting to put down the kickstand. Buddy beside me reminded me of this error when the bike fell on top of him...
Thank goodness no harm to bike, as for my buddy... fugger wont park close to me now and that was years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #65
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVER1CK View Post
2) Learned why you should never park a bike downhill and leave it in neutral...
I almost did that this morning! I was going to park the bike on the driveway that was in a slope. As I was engaging the stand I thought for a second and just rolled the bike down to the street. Took me around 30secs to decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #66
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
I almost did that this morning! I was going to park the bike on the driveway that was in a slope. As I was engaging the stand I thought for a second and just rolled the bike down to the street. Took me around 30secs to decide
Its ok I sometimes stall and have to think about things that long to.. Its like umm yeah,.... no yeah... maybe.. it.... ummmmmm oh wasted more time thinking that to have done it Blond moments ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #67
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_911 View Post
Oh WOW thank I wasn't the only one The first month I had my bike it seemed every turn I'd honk the horn and sure enough there was some one standing or walking at the corner.
I used to do that all the time. At first I felt like a jackass but then I decided to flip it and just wave at the first person I saw. That makes them be the jackass because they look at you all confused like who is that? Do I know him? Then sometimes they give you a half waveback because they are not sure if they know you or not. And you dont look like a dumbass anymore, you just look like you saw somebody you knew and honked to wave at them.
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #68
MAVER1CK

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV650SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
he he he, I actually thought about how stupid it was what I was doing... (driven stick shift all my life, and now about the issues with neutral...) yet for some darn reason I thought the kickstand would be powerful enough to stop it from moving....
MAVER1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #69
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike

a cousin of mine bought his first bike when he was 20, well he hadn't ridden much, came up to a stop sign with my dad and uncle on their bikes with him... he forgot to put his feet down, fell right over with the bike and looked at them like they were to blame, they drove off in complete embarassment

when my brother was 8 my parents bought him a 100cc dirt bike that he couldn't pull the clutch or brake in on... wound up he ran right into a brick wall on our neighbors house

Advertisement