MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #41
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike

I was on my 100cc Honda dirt bike back in junior high and decided that I was going to jump a little mound of dirt (about a foot tall), well I didn't want to fall and get hurt, so I went slow over it and well uh... I fell over the side of it

Too bad I am a blonde chick

Last edited by Tobbybabie; 09-27-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: sp?
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funny stupid fail moments on a bike.... Tisboihur General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-14-2013 04:16 PM
One of those DOH! moments... JSki General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-05-2008 01:49 PM
Blond Joke jrock Off Topic 5 09-20-2006 07:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #42
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

This just happened 2 nights ago. Went to PP1 and met up with the girl i'm dating,got some coffee and decided to catch a movie. I needed gas so we went to the Chevron on Washington. After i filled up she pulled out ahead of me and was waiting for me to get in front of her. She was parked sideways at the end of the lot and i couldn't tell if she was on the street or still in the lot. As i was pulling out in front of her, a car was speeding up to the light and i figured he'll stop behind her. Well he wasn't stopping so i slammed on my brakes mid lean out into the street and almost dropped my new bike right in front of her. Turns out she WAS on the street stopped and he was driving in the next lane over. Pretty embarrassing moment.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #43
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbybabie View Post
I was on my 100cc Honda dirt bike back in junior high and decided that I was going to jump a little mound of dirt (about a foot tall), well I didn't want to fall and get hurt, so I went slow over it and well uh... I fell over the side of it

Too bad I am a blonde chick
That's ok, i'm pretty sure guys dont really dig blonde chicks for their smarts? Lol... Jk.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #44
Tobbybabie
Just a passenger for now

Bike(s):
1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
That's ok, i'm pretty sure guys dont really dig blonde chicks for their smarts? Lol... Jk.
I'm school smart, graduated high honors, but I'm a girl at times... I used to jump little hills on accident on my 50cc when I was in elementary
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #45
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradplanner View Post
I went to my sisters house on my ZX7. I got off the bike and didn't fully extend the kickstand. I walked towards the door and heard a crash. I looked at my niece and asked "That wasn't my bike was it?". She nodded her head yes. Need less to say, I had to replace my left mirror.
ive had plenty of those moments where you know its true but you dont wanna look, but asking the niece is classic

i havent really had any moments, ive had wipe outs etc on dirt bikes and once on my 600, but i dont consider em embarrassing, just a lesson learned

Last edited by bunxx; 09-27-2009 at 01:29 AM.
bunxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #46
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Hm...I've done the kickstand-down-in-first stall, done the "what's a reserve, OMG I ran out of gas on my ex500 in BFE" thing, fortunately never did the kickstand-up dismount (but had a friend do it on my bike...lost a peg and a turn signal)...well, I'm sure most short riders can relate to this, seeing as our smaller stature naturally puts us at a disadvantage when maneuvering by foot a 300+ lb bike:

A couple of years back I was backing out of the driveway with the bike turned off...like all of the way out-straight into the street at a 90degree angle to the curb...and I didn't get enough momentum to roll up the upward inclined street, which also meant that I didn't have enough force to roll all the way down the upward inclined driveway. So I slow to a stop with my front tire up on the driveway, and my rear tire up on the street and my feet are dangling in the air since I no longer can reach the ground by about 3-4". I'm trying to balance the bike as best as I can but what the heck can I do but fall over. Fortunately, I broke my bikes fall and the only contact it made with the pavement was with it's huge stock exhaust. My neighbor runs over and helps me pick my bike up since I don't have a clue. Lesson learned, if you're short, always turn around in the driveway...even if you have to ride through the lawn.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 AM   #47
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Nihai, that happened to me but i was pulling out of a gas station watching a cop that had just pulled someone over and some jack but me off. I hit the brakes at the exact spot between the driveway and street, my feet dangling and dropped the bike. Cop came over and helped me pick it up, looke at me, cocked his head and said "are you drunk?" lol... It was 4 am and i was on my way to work. He was cool, looked over my bike and just told me to stay safe.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #48
notsofast
Without clue

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSXR750K2 (Track)

Many years ago in a green and pleasant land many miles away, having a great summer evening in the park with all the other local kids (none of which had a bike), I jumped on to my Suzuki X7 and gassed it whilst turning on the wet grass at walking pace. Most graceful 'off' that I ever had. In front of the entire pre-pubescent village population.

Oh - running out of fuel on the track or street has never felt cool either -
notsofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #49
Ronin

Bike(s):
Black/White CBR 600RR (Leyla)
Red/Black CBR 600RR (Track)

I've done the kickstand dismount thing and trying to ride off with the kickstand down in first gear, lol. When I got my first bike I loaded it off the trailer and I was completely new to bikes and I just wanted to sit on it, so I went to go sit on it and the thing felt so heavy I couldn't hold it up. I didn't know to use the front brakes to help with the balance so I slowly dropped it while still sitting on the seat...and by slowly...I meant, I was trying to use every bit of muscle in my body to keep it up, while my sister, dad, and 2 friends laughed the whole time I went down, haha. Great family and friends...
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #50
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Mine when I was a kid, I parked behind a old lady at the store.
She came out before I did & she backed over my bike.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #51
nihaikitty
Squidette

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Nihai, that happened to me but i was pulling out of a gas station watching a cop that had just pulled someone over and some jack but me off. I hit the brakes at the exact spot between the driveway and street, my feet dangling and dropped the bike. Cop came over and helped me pick it up, looke at me, cocked his head and said "are you drunk?" lol... It was 4 am and i was on my way to work. He was cool, looked over my bike and just told me to stay safe.
Wow, lol, you've got me topped! I bet that woke you up, jeez. Yeah, being shorter than average can create some interesting situations sometimes.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #52
gradplanner

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 Gixxer 1000
02 Kawasaki Meanstreak-sold
94 Kawasaki ZX7R-sold
2009 ZX10-Coming in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunxx View Post
ive had plenty of those moments where you know its true but you dont wanna look, but asking the niece is classic

i havent really had any moments, ive had wipe outs etc on dirt bikes and once on my 600, but i dont consider em embarrassing, just a lesson learned
Yeah. It was just one of those situations where I knew I effed up, but didn't want to face reality. Nevertheless, it was a learning lesson and I ensure that my kickstand is down. Oh, and also up before going into first. LOL.
gradplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #53
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

good ones! Ill keep in mind that "put your foot down on some oil on the road" experience. Sounds like it's bound to happen to me.

Quote:
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #54
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
good ones! Ill keep in mind that "put your foot down on some oil on the road" experience. Sounds like it's bound to happen to me.
I always thought that this and "the grease spot" at the toll booths was just for dumbasses that weren't paying attention. Let me tell you, it will also bite the dumbass that thought he was paying attention. That is slick!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #55
suzu600r

Bike(s):
2008 M109R
2005 GSX-R600 (sold)

So i parked my bike to go eat at . After a good meal came out and tried to start my bike, but the bike did nothing. Thinking my battery was dead i attempted to jump start, and still nothing. After about 20 min of trouble shooting looked at my guage and noticed the bike was in gear. DUH!
suzu600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #56
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i started riding when i was 5 and can do circle burnout in the dirt or mud and had been doing it for years. so when i was 15 i got my NX125 that i rode to school i thought i could do a circle burnout on the wet parking lot. it was right after school let out, i found an opening, and punched the throttle... i made it about 180 degrees when i just threw the bike out from under me and it slid about 3 parking spaces. everyone was laughing at me but i just tried to act like i meant to do that, walked over and picked it up and left.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #57
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

My first time on a 1000, i had only ridden a 250 ninja before.....i dropped it at a stop sign....i had picking it back up....i was very embarrased, no ones saw though
Old 09-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #58
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
^^^ LMAO ...

When I first got my F3 (just started riding) I had a really hard time killing the blinker. I would hit the horn EVERY time. It's still an ongoing joke. Every once in a while Mr Richards will honk after a turn to remind me.. so the horn one was funny to me
Oh WOW thank I wasn't the only one The first month I had my bike it seemed every turn I'd honk the horn and sure enough there was some one standing or walking at the corner.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #59
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

first time i dropped the 06, 4 in the afternoon in the parking lot of the gas station with the most traffic in Sealy I pulled in, got gas, and usually i would just ride around the building when i left, but on this day some stupid lady double parked at the pump, forcing me to back out. While I was backing up i found a nice spot of gravel in the parking lot with my right foot and down it goes.....had the bike 4 months....i was ...so then the lady pulls up in her shitbox and rolls the window down to tell me "you should be careful, you could hurt yourself on that thing" my response "I've been riding bikes for over ten years, you should learn how to park that piece of before you critique others, dumbass"
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #60
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

When I was learning to ride my FZR 600, I left the kickstand down, took off made a left and went down!! That was 1 of my 6 times I went down!!
TeleRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement