Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #21
JD9871

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha Yzf R6 Raven Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
So my first blond moment was trying to drive off with the kick stand down. facepalm

So the bike always wanted to die right when I release the clutch. First thing I thought was something went wrong when I put new gas in then I hear the kick stand go up and think .

Please share yours so we can:
1. make fun of you
2. learn from your experience
its ok, i still try to pull off wit the kik stand down lol
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funny stupid fail moments on a bike.... Tisboihur General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-14-2013 04:16 PM
One of those DOH! moments... JSki General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-05-2008 01:49 PM
Blond Joke jrock Off Topic 5 09-20-2006 07:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #22
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

I'm guilty of picking my bike up from the shop and couldn't get it started.. So i go back inside and tell them that my bike won't start and i was kinda mad. Turns out when they brought it around front they left it in gear rather than neutral and that's why it wasn't startring.. So i felt like a dumass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #23
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I had my first bike for only a few days when I stopped by a friends house to show it off. Pulled into the driveway, all 3 of his sisters, his mom and 2 other buddies were there.
Put the stand down and step off the bike. Every one is standing around checking it out and then it just fell over. (I guess the stand wasn't all the way forward and locked) I went from hero to zero pretty quick.

Years later I had just bought the Harley I always wanted and stopped by the bike shop where I used to work. As I pulled in the parking lot the front tire hit a small patch of gravel and BAM went down instantly.
Once again I had a full audience of people I was hoping to impress. FML
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #24
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
I filled up at a gas station a while back & went to start my bike but hit the horn button instead . Everyone that was there looked at me like i was honking at them .
^^^ LMAO ...

When I first got my F3 (just started riding) I had a really hard time killing the blinker. I would hit the horn EVERY time. It's still an ongoing joke. Every once in a while Mr Richards will honk after a turn to remind me.. so the horn one was funny to me

Again, first started riding got to the desired parking area (in front of a plethora of Vitos Galleria patrons) Also was trying to be kewl in front of the dude I had just met (Mr Richards) Bike was running, popped it into gear while looking for the kickstand.. fell over
Not really a blond moment but I felt like a tard
Old 09-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #25
SouthernSix
Banned

02 r6 stolen
Cr250 sold
01 zx6r wrecked

User is banned

SouthernSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
Schmitty
um... i like beer.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gixxer 750
06 Honda 300EX
09 extreme 125cc pit bike

Member Garage

I got home from work and wanted to go for a ride and the bike wouldn't start!! I checked the kill switch and it was in the on position so i just knew it had to be a loose connection in the kill switch since the bike has been in the rain quite a few times. So i took apart the kill switch looking for loose wires and then called a friend to see if he knew what was goin on. He asked me if it was in gear and when i checked... it was. !! I told him it wasn't and that i found the loose wire!
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

As soon as I brought the Honda home I wanted to ride and show everyone. Unloaded it got all ready and fired it up to let the engine warm up. Got on pulled in the clutch put in first and clunk engine dies. Put it back in neutral started it up again and repeat. After about 4 tries I start to get angry cause I thought they must have done something wrong when they assembled the bike and the clutch would not disengage. After about 30 min and everyone coming outside to see the commotion i realized the kickstand was down the whole time.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #28
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Every now and then I click it into first and she shuts off cause the kickstand is down! D'oh!
Other than that, I feel stoopid if I bring up a wheelie too fast and have put it right back down

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #29
lilblueninja
Ninja Turtle

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250r

I'm also guilty of having the bike in first and having the kickstand down. Think I did that a couple of times the first week I got my cycle. Think I did it last week too!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #30
Ares

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Thanks for posting guys. That was a handful! I will definitely try to learn from everyone's experiences.

I am still trying to master all controls so sometimes I hit the horn sometimes when starting or trying to kill the blinkers... Feels really embarrassing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #31
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
my first attempted trip out to cali by bike- i was all of 18 at the time..

due to various friends and family living so close to I-10, but on opposite sides of the freeway, i sometimes lost my bearing, and mistook north/south. so here i am on gessner heading southbound, in a TORRENTIAL downpour, get to I-10, and turn left (eastbound).. because of my misdirection, and rain so bad i could barely make out signs, and freezing cold.... i made it about an hour and a half past BEAUMONT before realising..." dude.......california is west didnt know beaumont is west too and i just passed thru there...five minutes later see another town that i recognize..and go "wait..if beaumont is west, and the other town is west...that means california IS Eaaaaa......-!

turn around and motor off in the CORRECT direction to get to cali in the downpour.
i did something similar in my miata the first time i went out to austin with it. i was heading home and saw some town names hours after leaving that i knew were north tx-ish. at first i chalked it up to adventure and purposely taking back roads, but then i saw a sign telling me lubbuck thissaway, and my new bride at the time goes 'ok, we're lost. get us home' :P (or something to that effect). oh yeah, and top down perfect weather, hill country, perfect time

i have quite a few embarrassing bike moments, most of them get posted here :P. favorites include riding home in full gear from work on the seat of my friend's harley cause my tire got screwed, and recently when i blew by a county van that i thought my friend was driving and i got pulled over :P

i take it all in humor and enjoy re-telling even the dumbest stories... when i can remember.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #32
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

oh, and dont be the guy going through the twisties with your blinker on, lol.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #33
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

oh, and if you go to clean the wheels, dont do like i did and push the bike forward to get to that spot behind the swingarm. :P or if you do, at least make sure the bike is nice and cold
Old 09-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #34
Vividkid

I ran out of gas on 1960 at Kuykendahl and forgot my cell phone and wallet at the house. I had to push that all the way to almost cypresswood..at night. That f*cking sucked. I never realized how bad it is for people to have to walk in the street with no sidewalks, especially at night. I got it to the parking lot of Global motorsports, finished the walk home and called my old man to take me to a gas station.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #35
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I have done the kickstand move countless times. I locked my keys in the trunk at a bar a few months ago. I cant believe I set them in there while I was getting something. Had 30 or so people watching while we tried to slim jim the trunk. We did it.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #36
Ares

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I have done the kickstand move countless times. I locked my keys in the trunk at a bar a few months ago. I cant believe I set them in there while I was getting something. Had 30 or so people watching while we tried to slim jim the trunk. We did it.
the trunk of the motorcycle?

Quote:
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #37
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

under the passenger seat on a lot of sport bikes there is a small storage space. im not sure if the ninja 250 has one. probably does
Old 09-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #38
Ares

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
under the passenger seat on a lot of sport bikes there is a small storage space. im not sure if the ninja 250 has one. probably does
Oh that... That space is just enough for an iPhone... Useles 250. One would think that since it has a small engine you would have more space for everything else... WRONG.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2009, 10:49 PM   #39
themutt

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
08 Suzuki sv650sf (totaled!)

Send a message via AIM to themutt
My worst moment yet on the bike...

Mixed in with a lot of cars, sitting at a lonnnnng red light along 290 on my way home in rush hour. On my way home from a long day and tired as , I close my eyes for a second with my left foot on the ground and my right one up on the brake. Start dozing off, and when I do I slowly start leaning to the right without realizing what I'm doing.

Finally I set my right foot down in time to catch myself but came very close to tipping over while just sitting still, and I felt like an idiot but couldn't go anywhere until the light turned green.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #40
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Oh that... That space is just enough for an iPhone... Useles 250. One would think that since it has a small engine you would have more space for everything else... WRONG.
i like my sv's space. i can fit the tools that stay with my bike (tire gauge, allen wrench set, small pocket knife, pliers, a couple of screw drivers), a roll of duct tape, a big cargo net, and still have plenty of room left for my cell phone and mp3 player when i go in to work.

Advertisement