MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
Vividkid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Dont claim it unless it's truley wrecked.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 ZX10R LEO VINCE "CORSA" TITANIUM FULL EXHAUST TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 0 11-26-2011 05:48 PM
Is this a re-post? "Fastest" MotoGP full length documentary sequel to "Faster". eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-27-2011 10:23 AM
"Diminshed" Value Claim just sayin Off Topic 14 09-14-2009 09:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

well, now I noticed that my right peg is broken in half, the rubber on top is holding the thing peices together.

I am seriously considering making a claim but am still "on the fence". To bring the bike "back to new" condition (it was pretty much flawless) I am looking at around $1k just for parts.

I am also considering resale value and depreciated value.

What if I wrek it again (say a front collision with a left turning minivan) and make a claim. Wouldn't the adjuster say that the damage on the right side was already there and not cover that damage?
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #23
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

I would call them up and ask if you did file a claim would it change your rate higher? sometimes they have accident forgiveness if you havent filed a claim in a year and your rates wont go up. it's worth asking and then you'll know.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #24
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
well, now I noticed that my right peg is broken in half, the rubber on top is holding the thing peices together.

I am seriously considering making a claim but am still "on the fence". To bring the bike "back to new" condition (it was pretty much flawless) I am looking at around $1k just for parts.

I am also considering resale value and depreciated value.

What if I wrek it again (say a front collision with a left turning minivan) and make a claim. Wouldn't the adjuster say that the damage on the right side was already there and not cover that damage?

No adjusters are stupid all they look for is damage. if you hit a mini van in the front then the bike could have fallen or flipped and theres no way for him to prove it didnt "unless its stuck inside the mini van and then it's gonna be totaled anyway :P"

BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
Old 11-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #25
moduleum

Speaking of insurance rates, apparently my car insurance (Farmer's) rates were raised when I hit a semi-truck re-tread and totaled my 09 Speed Triple (insured through State Farm). Now hitting the tire wasn't necessarily my fault, but I didn't have my M endorsement at the time. Is this cause for justification to raise my rates or does that fall under the grey or illegal category?
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #26
G-Man
AKA RC4G

How can you operating a vehicle that strikes an object (in this case, a tire retread) not be your fault?
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #27
moduleum

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
How can you operating a vehicle that strikes an object (in this case, a tire retread) not be your fault?
Because it flew off a semi trailer on I45 going 70mph and tried to make out with my front tire?

I just didn't know if me not having my M endorsement at the time lays all the blame on me, hence the spike in insurance premiums.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #28
G-Man
AKA RC4G

Unlikely the lack of Motorcycle Endorcement would cause the rate increase. If the insurance company had a requirment for the insured to maintain a M endorsement they would have denied the claim and/or dropped you for non-compliance.

The reality is that while I'm sure you did everything you could to avoid hitting the tread thrown by the trailer it is most likely that the insurance adjustor's stance is that you were at fault for not maintaining a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #29
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post

The reality is that while I'm sure you did everything you could to avoid hitting the tread thrown by the trailer it is most likely that the insurance adjustor's stance is that you were at fault for not maintaining a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.
Exactly what he said, If you are behind something it's your fault because you could have been much farther behind and been ok.

BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2

Advertisement