Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 02:49 AM   #21
This place has the Gheyz!
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
Urban, you got a little bit if friction burn from the jacket. That happens sometime.

I've crashed in a lot of gear....

Highsides at around 35mph in an A* mesh jacket, GP Plus gloves, and SMX boots. All held up great with no rips, tears, etc. All were still very wearable.

Lowsided at maybe 50mph in a noname leather suit, GP Tech gloves, and those same SMX boots. Hole in the suit at the hip. The boots had a few scuffs on the outside ankle and the gloves had a small mark on the raised white lettering on the cuff

Lowsided around 100mph in an old worn out A* suit and the same gloves and boots as above. None had any damage at all except dirt from rolling in the grass.

Forgot my first wreck....lowsided at maybe 60mph in that first A* textile jacket, the GP Pro gloves, and some A* stunt shoes. The jacket had a grass stain that I washed out.

I know I have a lot of A* stuff, but the same garments obviously protect me over and over while protecting me fully.
you obviously need to quit yer crashing! or we're going to make you the mh crash dummy, oh PRINCESS IS GHEY!
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joe Rocket Gear In Stock @ Motorcycles Unlimited, Lot's of Gear At Super Pricing!! Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 7 10-06-2009 07:29 AM
Just Hold Me BigComfy Off Topic 1 01-09-2009 11:55 AM
gear saved my like last night so people who dont wear gear TAKE A LOOK!!!!! dcm5586 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 11-03-2008 07:50 PM
ORN police release new accident suspect sketch [JUSTIN GUY ACCIDENT] Hayabusa1300cc General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-05-2008 02:27 AM
wear your gear/stunt accident/ GRAPHIC RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 09-19-2005 09:09 PM
Old 09-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #22

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

Lowside at ECR. Maybe 40 MPH.

Himalaya leathers: light scuffs couldn't even tell I was moving while sliding across the ground. In fact at one point i tried to get up and was still sliding pretty good. Tumble tumble. knee sliders scuffed up...I wasn't dragging knee.

Ugly Green Tecknic Gloves: knuckles scratched, gauntlet scuffed pretty good. Both items were rented and ended up costing me 500 or so.

Sidi Vertigo Air Boots: not a scratch from the wreck.

Shoei helmet with stripes on it: I don't think it ever actually hit the ground. Just kept me lookin stylish through the whole escapade. Hid my tears while I was walking over to my wrecked bike that had shiny stock plastic just moments before. Seriously. I cried.

Icon back protector: worn under the leathers: did quite well. Though it is a little bulky to be worn under leathers.

All of these Items are for sale by the way. Ill be posting a thread soon.

Last edited by jrob; 09-26-2009 at 07:32 AM.
jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #23

Experience: 3 years

Went down going NB on 45 just south of the exit for 59 doin about 60-70 mph. Got cutoff by someone who flew across 3 lanes of traffic. I didnt hit them but I paniced and grab too much front brake. Wheel locked up and I went down to the left side. Somehow, I managed to stay upright and slide on my knees most of the time. My head didn't even touch the concrete...

Arai RX7: not even a scratch

Joe Rocket honda repsol jacket (Textile): Held up very well. My upper body was completely free from any rash (except for my hands). The jacket is still wearable, all the pads are still in place, and the only damage is to the outer shell of the jacket on the underside of the forearms. The seam opened up one side (about 5 in long) and the other side tore apart (about the same size hole). A small part of one of the elbow pads is exposed now.

A* gloves (not sure of the model, but they were actually MX gloves): Both leather palms tore open and I got pretty bad rash on the bottom of my palms. I know they're not meant for the street but they are comfortable.

Other than that, no other protective gear. Needless to say my left knee and legs got it pretty bad cuz they took the brunt of the fall. Who knew work slacks wouldnt hold up when sliding across concrete at 60 mph... Learned my lesson.
JubanDan_RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #24

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'01 Bandit

Been down 2 times in Joe Rocket leathers, A* boots and Dinease gloves:

Low side at MSRH @ 35-40 mph

Ran off in turn 1 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) ..........ruined a Shoei helmet.

Leathers and boots are fine, a little scuffed.......gloves are finally worn out.
In both cases I had no rash, nothing broken, but a bad headache and 2 weeks off of work after TWS (Texas World Speedway).
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote