Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #21
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
This is going to be good.............

Simoncelli is the future of MotoGP, but it will be interesting how he stacks up against the WSB lads. He is definitely aggressive enough. Top 10 would be a good result for him.
I mean, he is good and all, but he was following ducs all day.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSB: IMOLA TEST Grinchy Taking it to the Track 20 07-17-2009 11:47 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Grinchy clean your PMs and Rea is the man- did i hear go ducs
dude I agree
pm cleared
**** the Ducs

Stoner is back this weekend isn't he???
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
dude I agree
pm cleared
**** the Ducs

I could see how people would hate on the winners 1st and 2nd no less
Old 09-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #24
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
I could see how people would hate on the winners 1st and 2nd no less
when they're a 1000cc like everyone else I might raise a small cheer

Ben and Johnny, the future
Old 09-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

hey man, those guys are good to, but it wasn't even close before the bump in that turn. They just got smoked this weekend. The end.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #26
Reformed Squid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
just watched a highlight program,
I see no wrong

That must have been a highlight reel that Johnny edited himself. Yeah, he was pushed wide, but his move of cutting back across the track and almost taking out Haga, Fabrizio (which wouldn't bother me), and Spies all at once, definitely douchey. I can understand wanting to fight for the win, but he's out of this fight with regards to the championship. Even if he wins every race going forward and everyone ahead of him DNF's every race, the best he could do is move up to 3rd in points (currently 263 to Fabrizio's 330). Let Spies and Haga battle it out without his involvement. I will say, if he can mature his riding a little bit and calm down, he's going to have a very successful career.
Reformed Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #27
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
dude I agree
pm cleared
**** the Ducs

Still hurting cause we run a 1200cc V-twin, man is not like we are running buells against 600. MAN UP lol

Yes, Stoner is going to clean the next two races.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:56 AM   #28
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Still hurting cause we run a 1200cc V-twin, man is not like we are running buells against 600. MAN UP lol

Yes, Stoner is going to clean the next two races.
Two wrongs don't make a right

I read somewhere Stoner has "Obsessive Compulsive Cleaning" syndrome, is that what you meant
you don't think he's going to clean the goat do you???
Old 09-29-2009, 03:07 AM   #29
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Squid View Post
That must have been a highlight reel that Johnny edited himself. Yeah, he was pushed wide, but his move of cutting back across the track and almost taking out Haga, Fabrizio (which wouldn't bother me), and Spies all at once, definitely douchey. I can understand wanting to fight for the win, but he's out of this fight with regards to the championship. Even if he wins every race going forward and everyone ahead of him DNF's every race, the best he could do is move up to 3rd in points (currently 263 to Fabrizio's 330). Let Spies and Haga battle it out without his involvement. I will say, if he can mature his riding a little bit and calm down, he's going to have a very successful career.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #30
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
I'd prefer Ducati man up, and build something competitive. Instead of and moaning for a displacement advantage. And lets be honest............it IS an advantage. No other manufacturer has 4 bikes in the top 10.....
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #31
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I'd prefer Ducati man up, and build something competitive. Instead of and moaning for a displacement advantage. And lets be honest............it IS an advantage. No other manufacturer has 4 bikes in the top 10.....
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #32
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
I don't think that just for the fact that it has a 200cc difference relates directly to a 200cc advantage, if you tell me they are both running the same engine configuration, pistons, cams, weight etc then i will say is not fair but they are running a v-twin vs inline, now i am not saying is fair either i just think they have to find a better way to match and equal performance from both configs. I do believe the ducs and moan though. The other piece of the puzzle is the electronics, there are several articles that talk about Yamaha not having a good base setup (electronic wise) at Imola from previous years and then you have the ducs running at their home track where with all the slow turns gives advantage to torque bikes and we know the Yamaha is a slow boat of the turns compared to the factory ducs.

All in all it was good racing, nice seeing Heary Simoncelli showing what he has. Next 2 runs will be sweet, haga is a demon at Magny and ducs run just fine there, spies is out for blood. Portimao is a duc track as well and with Bayliss setup Haga and Fab should be very strong plus i see Shakey running a factory electonics and we've seen what he can do there so they will try to keep bullet elboz at bay. Spies already shown what he is and has nothing more to prove but if he takes down the duc empire it will be a very very impressive achievement.

Sykes needs to help spies out there, Rea is helping a bit but nowadays you don't know who is he trying to help, those grinchys i mean brits lol
Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #33
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

http://www.crash.net/world+superbike...og_fights.html

Quote:
Jonathan Rea was left frustrated with his somewhat erratic run to sixth and seventh position during the two World Superbike races at Imola, the Northern Irishman experiencing a number of off-track excursions throughout the day.

Rea was confident of another race-winning turn on the Ten Kate Honda having qualified in third position, but a less than perfect start in race one dropped him down to fifth position.

Passing Ben Spies early on, Rea was following Michel Fabrizio on the downhill stretch towards Rivazza when the Italian sat up slightly, forcing the Northern Irishman to take a wider than desired line in avoidance.

Putting him on the inside for the upcoming tight left-hander, Rea had no opportunity to tip the bike in, sending him across the bows of Noriyuki Haga and into the gravel trap. Dropping to last position, Rea was nonetheless able to save face with a charging ride back through the order to finish in seventh.

“It's been a disappointing day, as I felt we were in good shape for a win here. At the start of race one, the pace seemed quite slow and as I drew alongside Fabrizio to line him up for a pass he must have hit a curb or something. He sat up suddenly and pushed me wide, and I had to run straight into the gravel.”

Rea fared little better in race two as he battled with brake problems on the CBR1000RR. Running fifth early on, Rea endured a dramatic excursion across Tamburello hairpin on lap three, before doing something similar at Variante Bassa on lap five.

Slipping outside the top ten, although Rea collected himself enough to battle back to sixth position, he was disappointed with his results given his early promise.

“Race two was not so good. I got a bad start and it turned into a bit of a dog fight, with people chopping me off and letting the brakes go again when I'd passed them. I made a few mistakes after that, but something also happened with the brakes, which had a bad vibration and the power was inconsistent.

“I had my heart set on a win but the results aren't the end of the world – I've been fast here and the package was good.”

Rea is now just six points ahead of Max Biaggi in the battle for fourth in the overall standings.
Can't wait to see him skating it into the hairpin at Magny C
Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #34
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
I don't think that just for the fact that it has a 200cc difference relates directly to a 200cc advantage, if you tell me they are both running the same engine configuration, pistons, cams, weight etc then i will say is not fair but they are running a v-twin vs inline, now i am not saying is fair either i just think they have to find a better way to match and equal performance from both configs.
I'm saying that having 2 privateer bikes in the top 10 (obviously ahead of several factory bikes) proves that the 200cc extra that the ducati has been "gifted" is a distinct performance advantage. Whether its because they make more peak power, they get off the corners better, or they conserve tires..........the ducati is THE bike to be on this season.

Quote:
I do believe the ducs and moan though. The other piece of the puzzle is the electronics, there are several articles that talk about Yamaha not having a good base setup (electronic wise) at Imola from previous years and then you have the ducs running at their home track where with all the slow turns gives advantage to torque bikes and we know the Yamaha is a slow boat of the turns compared to the factory ducs.
Obviusly ducati is going to have a setup advantage at their home GP, BUT the standings for the entire SEASON show 4 ducatis in the top 10 (currently 1,3,9, and 10). You can't say they have home-track advantage everywhere.....they must have some other advantage.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 09-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #35
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm saying that having 2 privateer bikes in the top 10 (obviously ahead of several factory bikes) proves that the 200cc extra that the ducati has been "gifted" is a distinct performance advantage. Whether its because they make more peak power, they get off the corners better, or they conserve tires..........the ducati is THE bike to be on this season.

Obviusly ducati is going to have a setup advantage at their home GP, BUT the standings for the entire SEASON show 4 ducatis in the top 10 (currently 1,3,9, and 10). You can't say they have home-track advantage everywhere.....they must have some other advantage.
maybe they just have better riders
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #36
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
I don't think that just for the fact that it has a 200cc difference relates directly to a 200cc advantage, if you tell me they are both running the same engine configuration, pistons, cams, weight etc then i will say is not fair but they are running a v-twin vs inline, now i am not saying is fair either i just think they have to find a better way to match and equal performance from both configs. I do believe the ducs and moan though. The other piece of the puzzle is the electronics, there are several articles that talk about Yamaha not having a good base setup (electronic wise) at Imola from previous years and then you have the ducs running at their home track where with all the slow turns gives advantage to torque bikes and we know the Yamaha is a slow boat of the turns compared to the factory ducs.

All in all it was good racing, nice seeing Heary Simoncelli showing what he has. Next 2 runs will be sweet, haga is a demon at Magny and ducs run just fine there, spies is out for blood. Portimao is a duc track as well and with Bayliss setup Haga and Fab should be very strong plus i see Shakey running a factory electonics and we've seen what he can do there so they will try to keep bullet elboz at bay. Spies already shown what he is and has nothing more to prove but if he takes down the duc empire it will be a very very impressive achievement.

Sykes needs to help spies out there, Rea is helping a bit but nowadays you don't know who is he trying to help, those grinchys i mean brits lol
out and go paint something.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #37
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
maybe they just have better riders
Possibly, but highly unlikely.

CMRA #302
Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #38
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
out and go paint something.
dood, wait until you see my new shirt and hat at the next track day buahahahahahaha
Old 09-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #39
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
dood, wait until you see my new shirt and hat at the next track day buahahahahahaha

NNnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
are you losing the old hat as well??
Old 09-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #40
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Let me guess, Carabella FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement