MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #101
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

The Sunday Ride we did wasn't a truly noob friendly ride to be honest. Sorry folks, not that kind of party.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride Sep 23 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 25 09-23-2012 07:54 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Sep 11 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 132 09-13-2011 05:30 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 27, 2011 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 71 03-02-2011 03:14 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Sep. 19 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 13 09-19-2010 02:29 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride June 27 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 54 06-30-2010 10:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #102
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
The Sunday Ride we did wasn't a truly noob friendly ride to be honest. Sorry folks, not that kind of party.
i agree! Whenever Bevo can come out again it will be more newbie friendly, he always leads the second group and keep the +10 over the speed limit rule for new riders.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #103
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Our pace is usually moderate so i don't think you will have any trouble keeping up with the group..... come out and play!
^^^ This is false advertisement
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #104
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I believe the pace was moderate and lilblueninja said he was held up by a sheriff and thats why he couldnt catch up! The important point here is that he had fun. I remember you telling me your past experiences with lilblueninja and how slow he was and that he couldnt keep up even going speed limit so it was not false advertising, i said "moderate" not SLOW!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #105
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblueninja View Post
I always have a blast when I'm out on my cycle, no matter what speed everyone is going. I will be doing the forest run Cali is setting up on Oct 4. (possibly the one Mudbug is setting up too)You should come out, Ares, if your ninja is ready to go. There will be at least another two fiddy there on the 4th. (my ninja twin!) I will be in the slow group just enjoying the twisties at a less-than-ludicrous speed pace. Think one of the guys in the front on the Sunday ride went to plaid.
I work mornings sat and sun and unfortunately I need at least a week's notice before I can ask off. Also, I need some seat time before heading out with groups... I'm aiming for at least 1k miles seat time before I ride with a group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #106
S.D.W.
...Ready

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:

Did I ever say the pace was moderate? I think not....Also, what moderate is to me is more than likely not moderate to you, its subjective.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #107
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:

what moderate is to me is more than likely not moderate to you, its subjective.
+1
Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #108
lilblueninja
Ninja Turtle

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Noted!

Quote:
I believe the pace was moderate and lilblueninja said he was held up by a sheriff and thats why he couldnt catch up! The important point here is that he had fun. I remember you telling me your past experiences with lilblueninja and how slow he was and that he couldnt keep up even going speed limit so it was not false advertising, i said "moderate" not SLOW!
Yes, I did and always do have fun when I go out on group rides. No harm, no foul. And I was doing a nice pace (+10 over the speed limit) before I got behind the LEO.

Quote:

Did I ever say the pace was moderate? I think not....Also, what moderate is to me is more than likely not moderate to you, its subjective.
I totally agree with you, S.D.W! What I find moderate many find SLOW. What you find moderate I find "holy !" It's just a matter of seat time and comfort zone. Honestly, I'm quite happy with my current pace. I"m still learning so it would be very foolish to go beyond my limits.

Sunday_rider, I do think as your groups get bigger and more new people show up a quick rundown of the ride that day or a map showing the route will be beneficial. Even people doing moderate pace get stuck behind LEO's and left behind once in a while if they don't know the route.

Will I come out on another Sunday morning group ride again? Probably. Will it be at S.D.W.'s moderate pace? Probably not. Will I still have a fun time. You bet I will!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #109
S.D.W.
...Ready

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblueninja View Post

I totally agree with you, S.D.W! What I find moderate many find SLOW. What you find moderate I find "holy !" It's just a matter of seat time and comfort zone. Honestly, I'm quite happy with my current pace. I"m still learning so it would be very foolish to go beyond my limits.

Will I come out on another Sunday morning group ride again? Probably. Will it be at S.D.W.'s moderate pace? Probably not. Will I still have a fun time. You bet I will!
You said it right there. It doesn't matter if you are on my pace or I'm on yours. I would rather ride with people knowing their limits and going slightly slower than with guys trying to ride outside their comfort zone, causing accidents or even worse its all about having fun and bring the bike home in one piece You have the right attitude bro, see you around
Old 10-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #110
lilblueninja
Ninja Turtle

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
I work mornings sat and sun and unfortunately I need at least a week's notice before I can ask off. Also, I need some seat time before heading out with groups... I'm aiming for at least 1k miles seat time before I ride with a group.
I think that's a very good decision, Ares. Makes sure you have all your gear too! I highly recommend getting some knee guards if you don't have them already before your first group ride. Also, take a look at this before your first Group ride: http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Group_Ride.pdf

I was fortunate enough to have Bevo go over these tips with me on my first group ride.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #111
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:

You said this:
Quote:
Which I agree with. sunday_rider said this:
Quote:
Our pace is usually moderate so i don't think you will have any trouble keeping up with the group..... come out and play!
which I don't agree with
Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #112
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
You said it right there. It doesn't matter if you are on my pace or I'm on yours. I would rather ride with people knowing their limits and going slightly slower than with guys trying to ride outside their comfort zone, causing accidents or even worse its all about having fun and bring the bike home in one piece You have the right attitude bro, see you around
+100000
Old 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #113
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
You said this:
Which I agree with. sunday_rider said this: which I don't agree with
firstly, I believe i said that to along77082 and not lilblueninja, are you trying to make all this drama by taking my posts out of context? I have ridden with along77082 before and i know she can ride her zx6 pretty good and thats why i told her she wont have any problems keeping up! Again, i never said that to lilblueninja!

Secondly, for a slow rider like yourself, a moderate pace means 10mph over the speed limit but to most of us in the front pack it means 90+mph! The word moderate is subjective to each individual!

Thirdly, you didnt even ride with us, so whats all the about? I mean you took the time to search all of my previous post and tried to make me look bad by quoting something i said to along77082 and making it look like i was saying that to lilblueninja.

Lastly, c'mon man we all bought sportbike and not cruisers, our group enjoys riding at a faster pace than you, maybe you should get a cruiser and join their rides instead and stop here like a lil girl and creating all the drama in this forum!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #114
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
firstly, I believe i said that to along77082 and not lilblueninja, are you trying to make all this drama by taking my posts out of context? I have ridden with along77082 before and i know she can ride her zx6 pretty good and thats why i told her she wont have any problems keeping up! Again, i never said that to lilblueninja!

Secondly, for a slow rider like yourself, a moderate pace means 10mph over the speed limit but to most of us in the front pack it means 90+mph! The word moderate is subjective to each individual!

Thirdly, you didnt even ride with us, so whats all the about? I mean you took the time to search all of my previous post and tried to make me look bad by quoting something i said to along77082 and making it look like i was saying that to lilblueninja.

Lastly, c'mon man we all bought sportbike and not cruisers, our group enjoys riding at a faster pace than you, maybe you should get a cruiser and join their rides instead and stop here like a lil girl and creating all the drama in this forum!
I've ridden with y'all and it's like any other large group that gets together. There will be a few folks trying to set land speed records, a sizeable group riding a moderate pace, and a few folks that will be cruising.

It's all good.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #115
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:

Really?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #116
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I've ridden with y'all and it's like any other large group that gets together. There will be a few folks trying to set land speed records, a sizeable group riding a moderate pace, and a few folks that will be cruising.

It's all good.
Well said Curt! I mean this was last sunday's ride its now thursday and Bevo still talking about it? We all come out to have a little fun and leave the drama behind!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #117
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Really?
Yes, Bevo. He really means it. We are twice his age after all.

FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #118
S.D.W.
...Ready

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Bevo, with all due respect, why keep bringing this up? You know the pace of the ride, if ytou don't like / agree with it then don't go. Its that simple. I'm sure there are other rideas better fitted around your style. Take care
Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #119
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Bevo, with all due respect, why keep bringing this up? You know the pace of the ride, if ytou don't like / agree with it then don't go. Its that simple. I'm sure there are other rideas better fitted around your style. Take care
I'm totally fine with the pace and riding with sunday_rider, but there are new folks out there that can and will get over their head on this ride unless someone steps up and offers some guidance. I even helped sunday_rider post this ride: The Link
Quote:
Time: 8AM This Sunday

Place: La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe (open for breakfast)
2675 Town Center Blvd N, Sugar Land

Kick Stands Up @ 8:30

Route: Will be determined during meeting

Expect some nice turns. This can be a serious ride so WEAR YOUR GEAR. A number of riders that don't belong to MH will be in this group so you'll meet some new folks

FYI, I can't attend but I've ridden with sunday_rider

1. sunday_rider (hosting ride)
2. next
Does that look familiar? I plan on doing this ride again and I'll be more than happy to go over some rules with anyone that might be riding behind me. It's the one behind you that can hurt you and unless you run every red light and skip every gas station, another rider will eventually catch up to you.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #120
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
I'm totally fine with the pace and riding with sunday_rider, but there are new folks out there that can and will get over their head on this ride unless someone steps up and offers some guidance. I even helped sunday_rider post this ride: The Link Does that look familiar? I plan on doing this ride again and I'll be more than happy to go over some rules with anyone that might be riding behind me. It's the one behind you that can hurt you and unless you run every red light and skip every gas station, another rider will eventually catch up to you.
I really appreciate your help and input Bevo, but seriously..... do you know what really happened on last sunday's incident? It wasn't our pace to blame, it was just one rider that wasn't paying attention.... the front group was at a complete stop and the rest were on their brakes approaching the red light, the pace at that moment was less than 30 mph!

Just like Curt said, in a big group you will have all kinds of riders, we do not force people to go fast or put a gun to their heads and make them follow the front group, Its more like ride at your own pace type of ride.

I believe the group has gotten bigger each week because people that came to our rides enjoyed the pace so they keep coming back for more! If our pace was too crazy or uncomfortable i think the group would be getting smaller and smaller instead.

Advertisement