Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Captain Concussion
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

leather jackets

so, it was cold as earlier and i need warmer gear.

im riding a cruiser so i dont need anything intense, thinking about a leather jacket.. how are they for warmth?

prolly need gloves and misc gear stuff too, just lookin for ideas / input on this kinda thing.
zerobounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cleaning leather jackets Benne General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 12-19-2014 09:31 PM
cleaning leather jackets Benne General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 12-12-2014 10:13 AM
Leather Jackets dadon600 Gear Talk 12 03-26-2008 05:51 PM
How do you guys clean you leather jackets??? Fuzzy018 Gear Talk 9 11-17-2007 07:05 PM
Leather Jackets AhmadHasib Taking it to the Track 16 10-25-2005 08:06 PM
Old 09-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Solracer Owner.
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

leather just knocks the wind off of you, you need it insulated too.
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Custom User Title
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

If you want to be cheap just put a jacket over your summer gear. You will look huge though. I'm a cheapskate so its my option and I can't comment on the leather.
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #4
Back again again...
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Icon field armor vest, a thermal or thin fleece and your old leather jacket.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
Just a passenger for now
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

1200 custom Sporster 09 in candy rootbeer
85r Honda dirt bike
100cc Honda dirt bike

leather is great because it is good protection for accidents, but it relly just blocks the wind, in order to keep out the bite though make sure it has a good warm liner, maybe some sort of coat material or fur or something... one thing nice is the liner is usually removable so you can wear it when it isn't quite so cold as well. when it gt real cold you'll also want some good lined gloves, your finges get stiff otherwise i've found.
Sweet girly girl mixed with Fun tom boy
Tobbybabie is offline   Reply With Quote