MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
lsudecat04

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
08 600rr~ sold

Anyone done a track trip w/ multiple stops?

I was thinking that it would be awesome to to a long trip but instead of just site seeing you would hit up 3-5 tracks along the way. I know they have a lot of tracks out there and it would just depend on what days they were occurring on. But if you could make it like a circuit how would you do it?

I was thinking about starting @ Texas Motor speedway or MSR Houston, then to No Problem Raceway, then to Barber, they have a track called the Blue grass motor sport track in Kentucky, then Indianapolis Motor speedway on Monday(hopefully that would be done on a Friday, Sat, Sunday, Monday) Then either call it a trip back or site see til the next weekend. What yall think, any places that need to be hit up in between?
lsudecat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track me live, on my road trip! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 05-05-2014 01:38 PM
Little Track Vid from my trip last weekend.. Vividkid Off Topic 0 03-15-2014 05:53 AM
Anyone up for a trip to Lafayette, LA kart track ? GABRIEL Super Motards 18 05-15-2012 12:06 AM
Anyone up for a trip to Lafayette, LA kart track 7/30 brandontx Super Motards 61 05-09-2012 05:10 PM
Supermoto trip to kart track in Louisana 8/27 brandontx Events, Meets and Rides 39 08-24-2011 09:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
diggler

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Texas Motor Speedway and NPR both suck . TMS is only a little infield track barely over a mile and NPR is decrepit.
diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
lorin70

Since most track days are on or around weekends I think you would be on a trip of several weeks if you plan to hit very many tracks.
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250

Is NPR the one that's built on like an old airstrip, and has chunks of asphalt and missing?
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
OJgsxr and I did High Plains Raceway and Miller in July. 4k miles in a week. It was definetly a fun trip, and I think we're planning on making it a yearly thing. Next year will likely be Barber and Road Atlanta.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
lsudecat04

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 600rr~ sold

NPR is a lot like MSR Houston. it has some concrete patches but its not too bad. Its a fun track that has its quirks.

No it has a drag strip as the first stretch.
lsudecat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Summer of '07 we did a 2 day at Barber, then went on to Deals Gap and rode street bikes for the rest of the week. The picture below is of both of my bikes in the pit at Barber.
FYI "Deal's Gap" itself pretty much sucked but, almost any other road in the area is fantastic!

Not exactly what you were asking but it would be difficult to hit multiple tracks because, as mentioned, trackdays are usually weekends.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
OJgsxr

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
OJgsxr and I did High Plains Raceway and Miller in July. 4k miles in a week. It was definetly a fun trip, and I think we're planning on making it a yearly thing. Next year will likely be Barber and Road Atlanta.
I have to say the trip was a blast. It had the added fun for me of going through the canyons in CO cause I brought my street bike with me (Popo was to scared to ride the canyons )
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #10
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJgsxr View Post
I have to say the trip was a blast. It had the added fun for me of going through the canyons in CO cause I brought my street bike with me (Popo was to scared to ride the canyons )
If by "scared" you mean I don't own a streetbike and last time I road the canyons I destroyed my aprilia AND my ankle...............then yes, I'm scared.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #11
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Go do 2 days at barber that will be plenty.
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
OJgsxr

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
If by "scared" you mean I don't own a streetbike and last time I road the canyons I destroyed my aprilia AND my ankle...............then yes, I'm scared.
Not to mention I offered you to ride my bike and you turned it down, might have been because you were trying to polish your but still.

Back on topic, I would say doing 2 tracks in 1 trip is really tough 3 is next to impossible mostly because of the individual tracks schedule. Popo and I could have added 1 more day with STAR school at high planes raceway and possibly caught a day at Hallett on Sunday on our way down but we were EXHAUSTED and broke as it was so adding the 3rd day was a bit much.
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Go do 2 days at barber that will be plenty.

I'd totally avoid the Mercedes Benz Sugar Land track Angleton in your plans- that track isn't exactly that interesting enough to make a trip stop for. I'd sooner hit up MSR (hopefully on a day that they're running the 3.1) and/ or TWS (Texas World Speedway) before I'd ride any other Texas tracks on a trip.

NPR has good pavement, but I personally won't race there, maybe a track day but not really worth the trip IMHO- to each their own.

TMS is a mini track at best. It's a lot like GSS but somehow it seemed smaller... a ton of fun on a mini with a GP chassis but even that bike was a bit overkill there.

If I were leaving Houston, I'd hit up MSR for the 3.1 and make a stop at Hallett, then head up to Miller, Road America is pretty fun, definitely hit Laguna just 'cause. But you're talking about a month of travel or more to do this type of thing.

A two day weekend trip to Laguna, Miller, or Barber would be more than enough. Miller and Barber are at the top of my "to do" list.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

H2r is a really fun track, btw.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #15
racer105

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 R6 *race bike*
2006 GSXR 600 *race bike* retired :(
2005 Honda CRF 50

NPR is a pretty cool track. Way better than Oak Hill (pavement wise) and Oak Hill is a great track if you wanna learn to go faster
racer105 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement