MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #21
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickykline
he Kroger Co. today announced that 18 of its fuel stations in Texas will sell E85 fuel.

E85 is a blend of 15 percent gasoline and 85 percent ethanol, which is a renewable, domestic fuel. The use of E85 is thought to reduce greenhouse gases and the nation's dependence on petroleum.

Texas leads the nation with more than 250,000 E85 flexible fuel vehicles on the road. E85 flexible fuel vehicles can use both traditional gasoline and E85.

Kroger is making the station improvements needed to offer E85 in Dallas and Houston this summer, and more Kroger fuel centers could offer E85 as consumer demand grows, the company stated. Kroger will price E85 ethanol lower than regular, unleaded gasoline, and Kroger Plus Card customers receive the additional per gallon savings offered on all types of fuel.

Kroger operates more than 500 supermarket fueling stations nationwide, including more than 60 in Texas, all of which are located next to Kroger retail grocery stores. Kroger also operates more than 700 convenience-store fueling sites.
Does Ricky work for Kroger on the side?:laughing6 :laughing6
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ethanol - Response from Washington DGShannon General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-30-2012 07:13 PM
Ethanol Testing for Fuel CaligoneTx How To's and Q & A's 22 01-19-2009 10:55 PM
SV650 and Gas w/Ethanol Jason_Canuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-01-2008 09:14 AM
Ethanol sucks. lol Solracer Performance and Modifications 33 08-15-2008 12:54 AM
Ethanol Info!!!!! jetcycles General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 06-14-2007 11:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #22
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

wow ricky you have tons of info there for kroger did you find out anything elce maybe the diffrence in price...

10cents isnt going to do much for me....but 40cents might...

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #23
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
why is everyone saying the e85 stuff is cheaper, I thought prices were going up
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #24
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i heard you can get drunk w/ ethanol
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #25
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

The federal government is phasing out MTBE, an additive that makes gas burn cleaner. Refiners will no longer be required to use it as of May 5th.

The top replacement is Ethanol, made from grain and distilled into a gas additive.

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #26
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i filled up at a citgo earlier, and at the pump it said

"may contain up to 10% ethenal"
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:14 AM   #27
john @ks

Bike(s):
sv-1000, rd-400, gsx-r 750

yeah shell now is putting 10% ethanol in there gas too. u cant run 100% in bikes b\c the fuel system can not take it. it will ruin the o rings and the screens. to convert the bike u would have to change all the rubber peaces in the fuel system. if u have carbs u have to change the fuel lines out to a special type of fuel lines. anything above 60% i think u have to change parts out.
mon- sat
9am-7pm

gsxr-750 89"
sv-1000 05"
rd-400 79"
john @ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:20 AM   #28
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by john @ks
yeah shell now is putting 10% ethanol in there gas too. u cant run 100% in bikes b\c the fuel system can not take it. it will ruin the o rings and the screens. to convert the bike u would have to change all the rubber peaces in the fuel system. if u have carbs u have to change the fuel lines out to a special type of fuel lines. anything above 60% i think u have to change parts out.
If the gas you put in today has 10% ethanol, will there be any noticeable change in performance? Will bikes need to start adding octane boost additive to their gas to maintain performance..sounds to me like ethanol is going to be the future of fuel for a while.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 04-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #29
3D02

Here is an interesting article....

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=3972760
3D02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #30
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

gas station near my house said "contains 10% ethol"
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #31
durstgt

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati M750

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
If the gas you put in today has 10% ethanol, will there be any noticeable change in performance? Will bikes need to start adding octane boost additive to their gas to maintain performance..sounds to me like ethanol is going to be the future of fuel for a while.
Ethanol raises the RON of gas.
durstgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:10 AM   #32
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D02
Here is an interesting article....

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=3972760
That was an interesting article 3D02.
The one thing that is being overlooked here is the environmental side of this issue. E85 is a cleaner burning fuel than gasoline. And it is also a renewable source of energy ie cash crops for farmers. This stuff is made from corn! for crying out loud. I would bet that as the popularity of E85 picks up , the government will notice this. So will the automakers . It seems like a viable fuel alternative.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:57 AM   #33
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Yea me and my dad where talking about this (super smart guy) i wasnt aware that ethonal could be made right here...Just seems plain stupid for us to be paying all of this money to other countries when we could be giving it right back to our farmers.....Also not having to depend on them for the oil as much...

I would really really liek to see them implement this more...He also said that it was much better fuel for the atmospeare.....

Very interesting i think we should get a poll togeather and send it to the the officals couldnt hurt anything.

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:28 AM   #34
zixx6r

Doesnt save us , takes as much fuel to produce the corn as it saves blending it with gasoline. Just more pork barrel for the farmers and ADM. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, et al.
zixx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:12 AM   #35
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

It saves the atmosphere, duhhh. And as far a pork barrel and ADM. I would rather the money be generated by this industry stay in the states , rather than made in say ,Argentina for example. There was story on CNN how Argentina has been producing their own ethanol and they seem to be doing well with it. Why cant we do the same?
Old 04-13-2006, 02:38 AM   #36
zixx6r

Quote:
It saves the atmosphere, duhhh. And as far a pork barrel and ADM. I would rather the money be generated by this industry stay in the states , rather than made in say ,Argentina for example. There was story on CNN how Argentina has been producing their own ethanol and they seem to be doing well with it. Why cant we do the same?
Saves the atmosphere from what exactly...any combustion process produces carbon dioxide, greenhouse gas #1. Ethanol also produces about 1/3 the BTU's per volume as gasoline, requiring more ethanol to produce the same power.

Argentina is also about a 10th of the population of the US with probably 1/500th of the automobiles and industry.

Forgive my negativity, but I lived in Chicago Illinois for many years and got earfuls of this corn propaganda so it's nothing new to me. I'll go for Fischer-Tropsch coal gasification long before this ethanol pipe dream. That'll go further to wean the US off foreign oil than corn huskers could ever dream of.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:08 AM   #37
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

your forgiven. Anything that would get us off foreign oil dependancy I am willing to give my attention to.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:26 AM   #38
zixx6r

Quote:
Anything that would get us off foreign oil dependancy I am willing to give my attention to.
So why the does ethanol get your attention... ADD? It will NEVER get us off foreign oil. Add up the subsidies, the tax breaks, the lower energy per volume, the cost to produce through distillation...there is absolutely no net gain here. Same with hydrogen power.

The only thing proven through modern history to end dependance on foreign oil is fischer-tropsch. Germany and Apartheid South Africa used coal to produce gasoline and diesel. We have much more coal reserves than petroleum, this is the only thing that makes sense.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:06 AM   #39
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
E85 is pretty common in the midwest, we run it when were up there, seems to have no effect on the car, so i bet you could just put it in the bike w/o probs.
you can do a search, the only filling spot if JFK I think if I remember correctly and its not for public.
out west they use it to run high boost on cars

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #40
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixx6r
So why the does ethanol get your attention... ADD? It will NEVER get us off foreign oil. Add up the subsidies, the tax breaks, the lower energy per volume, the cost to produce through distillation...there is absolutely no net gain here. Same with hydrogen power.

The only thing proven through modern history to end dependance on foreign oil is fischer-tropsch. Germany and Apartheid South Africa used coal to produce gasoline and diesel. We have much more coal reserves than petroleum, this is the only thing that makes sense.
Proven??? if its such a hot idea, why isnt it in use??Jackass. Add..

Advertisement