MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #41
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

but if you where a helment no one on campus will recognize your face and think " That guy is so cool, I wish I could be him or at least meet him"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Watch Out Fellow Riders ! DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-28-2012 07:48 PM
For my fellow riders in the Woodlands. gradplanner General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-31-2010 10:08 PM
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR FELLOW RIDERS THIS YEAR? lil_red_rider Off Topic 13 05-06-2009 08:50 PM
BASHING OF FELLOW RIDERS, PART 2 shadowsinner General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 06-08-2007 02:39 PM
Tips from fellow riders... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-13-2006 06:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #42
BBlue

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 750

i ride thru the campus on the sidewalks all the time...i only wear my helmet and gloves cuz its too hot
BBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #43
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXZixxer View Post
On the gear posts.

Yeah on my 10 mph I did the running man, then tumble back to my feet once. No harm done....not that it was FUN though.... That's all I was gettin at.

What's the route from Elgin to Wheeler without DPS catching you. I want in on this....
Well, you're gonna have to "cross over" a few pedestrian walkways, slip around a gate or two, but it can be done!

Through the course of a day, I usually hung out at our office in the UC (I was Sports/Athletics Coordinator of FSA - Filipino Student Association), so I'd have my bike parked there. If I had to go to the other side of campus, I would "slip around" the faculty parking lot gate, go around the business building, and onto the road on the other side. That got me to the other side of the Library, where there's a road that goes directly to the Architecture Bldg's back entrance. I would park my bike right there by the entrance, under the archway. If I had to go to Hoffeinz or get out onto Wheeler, I'd simply ride around the Arch. Bldg. to the other side. I'm not sure what the UH cops are like now, but back in '89 or so, they were pretty cool about bikes parking by the buildings. They probably wouldn't have been too cool about me riding on the walkways, but then they never caught me... so I'll never really know, eh? Sometimes, i just flat out rode through the walkways!! hehehe...
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #44
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by --SV-- View Post
Ya everyone looks at me randomly carrying the jacket. Can't wait until winter until i can just leave it on. It's too hot for that now.

But anyway I've been thinking lately that UofH needs a motorcycle club/organization. Somewhere that we can all get together and plan rides/events. Also maybe Racer X can stop by and give a safety lesson to all the youngins lol
+1 on the moto club!
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #45
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
+1 on the moto club!
I don't know how much interest there would be, and how deeply organized would everyone want it?

Would only be sweet if UH recognized it.....Otherwise we'd just get together like normal on MH...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #46
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by --SV-- View Post
Alright guys we all go to a University right? Investing tens of thousands of dollars into cramming our brains with knowledge and insuring our future through an education right?

Then why the does noone wear their helmet? It sure would be a shame for you to slide on any of the many roads and spill all of that knowledge across the street that you just paid for.

It was raining the other day and I asked a guy where his helmet was on his brand new gorgeous cbr. He replied that "He doesn't wear it in the rain to school because when he leaves it on the bike it gets wet!" Nah really? Bring it inside, or take your cage. I've met some of the dumbest people in college.

I don't mean to b*tch but seriously yall, put on the helmet first, then your gloves, and your jacket mine as well go too. You may look like a power ranger for a couple of minutes a day. But hey who never liked the power rangers?

I think i might start taking pics of all the squids I see a day and put them on the wall of shame. I know I could get at least 3 a day.
I have only seen one guy not wearing his helmet this year! Where do you parK? I part in center campus near the library. I am not saying everyone is good about it, but the majority, i am suprised, wear helmets.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #47
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXZixxer View Post
Fixed.

I might be brave and ride one day when the weather is nicer. Do they still have those lockers in the UC you can rent? Anyone ever tried that???
dude, go to the gym, it is free. all you need is an i.d. to get in and they have all the lockers near the courts that you just put in a code and lock it, then same code to unlock it. that is what i do if i have to carry to much gear!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #48
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcFrancis View Post
dude, go to the gym, it is free. all you need is an i.d. to get in and they have all the lockers near the courts that you just put in a code and lock it, then same code to unlock it. that is what i do if i have to carry to much gear!
Do you park your bike on the walkway, put up your gear then just ride to your building???? I'm at Bauer, so it's not that far, but I'm still too lazy to walk to the Rec and back just for gear....
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #49
JusAnotherTran

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR
2008 Ninja 650r (sold)
2001 F4i (sold)

I've seen a bike parking at the DOOR of the Rec center.. Didn't see no green/yellow/orange pouch.

And also.. Is there a shorter way to get out of the parking spots by the library back onto Cullen (stadium area)? Other else than going to all the way back to Calhoun, and then the wheeler, and THEN to Cullen?
JusAnotherTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #50
ninja500r77

I agree, I ride to UH everyday its not raining and I've wanted to check out other riders as well, we need a club. I think they are trying to fix cullen, which will be so nice. I ride a CBR 600F4i....
ninja500r77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #51
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja500r77 View Post
I agree, I ride to UH everyday its not raining and I've wanted to check out other riders as well, we need a club. I think they are trying to fix cullen, which will be so nice. I ride a CBR 600F4i....
Welcome to MH My name is Ormand and I haven't attended UH in 7 years! lol
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #52
H4nn1
aware

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2003 R6

UH rider checking in! that kid in the blue r6 that has awful first to second gear shifts!
H4nn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #53
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

>UH rider checking in! that kid in the blue r6 that has awful first to second gear shifts!
>kid in the blue r6 has awful shifts
>blue r6 has awful shifts
>r6 has awful shifts
>r6 awful

fixt
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #54
H4nn1
aware

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Bike(s):
2003 R6

hey karianna has feelings too
H4nn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #55
K. Oliveira
Cypress' OG Fo Sho!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Raven Edition

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
I carry my helmet around to my classes... Chicks did it.. then they see im on a yamaha and the panties drop : )
this is true. Idk I like the way riding with a helmet and dark visor with matching gear looks. I think it looks ALOT "cooler" then sandals and a wife beater. Plus you can't see my face so it's like a mystery "who is that on that SEXY yamaha"
Old 10-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #56
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

man I go to San Jac every day unless its raining, on my duc with my Corse leather jacket and SP2 gloves, i dont give a fuuuuuuuuck

But i didn't wear a jacket before I go my Corse one, and I dont give a fuuuuuuuuck
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #57
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

I ride the SV onto campus at texas state U and panties still drop. but then again I could drop panties in a pinto at Texas state university... it aint no thang.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #58
cwest22

Bike(s):
92 cbr f2 fighter (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
I noticed she had one on her bike the next week.
only on her bike? alot a good that helmet does on the bike.

[quote=FlipSideUp;2221194] Mostly wore just jeans, and maybe a denim jacket.

Canadian tuxedo NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Oliveira View Post
this is true. Idk I like the way riding with a helmet and dark visor with matching gear looks. I think it looks ALOT "cooler" then sandals and a wife beater. Plus you can't see my face so it's like a mystery "who is that on that SEXY yamaha"
YAMAHA ahh my bike sucks to guess we are in the a=same boat
cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #59
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
None

Old thread, but anywho, I ride to UH Mon - Thur in the evenings. I carry my gear into class with me. Almost mowed some band members down last night because they were crossing the street in an area with no crosswalk, in the dark, with dark clothes on. I saw the brass instruments they were carrying though. I figured they would make an effort to speed up but they didn't, so I kept going at speed until they realized I was close and finally picked up the pace.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #60
TexasTwisties

Bike(s):
1999 Suzuki Katana 750
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10r
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10r
2004 YZF-R1

Man I have been riding to UH everyday the past few days.

I pull up to the rec and drop off my gear then ride without a helmet to the business building.

Say whats up if you see a magma red zx10!
TexasTwisties is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement