MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #61
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Yep that's Nick checking out what really good suspention feels like. I'm sure he can fill you in on the difference in feel. He also got to try a sweet Michelin slick on his front for the afternoon. His smile was too big to understand what he was saying..............
yeah, he was telling me about the difference in your bike and his, and he did say that he loved the slick... You're a pretty good ole boy for lettin em have that front wheel for the day.. he was happy with that for sure..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awesome fathers day. Samba636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 06-20-2011 02:28 PM
Awesome Valentine's Day story!! cashtown Off Topic 40 02-16-2010 11:01 AM
awesome cl ad of the day zerobounds General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-16-2009 04:51 PM
awesome fathers day present RACER X Off Topic 4 06-18-2009 11:39 AM
Awesome day at TWS (Texas World Speedway) xrcrx Taking it to the Track 11 05-13-2008 02:23 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #62
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Thanks for posting the pics carbon. Yea, now I remember who you are. Thanks for the tape again.

Man, Buck let somebody use a tire too. He is one cool dude. He is going to be very successful in this business. What customer service. You the man Buck.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:09 AM   #63
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Hey CarbonR1, when I met you in the morning your new Pilot Powers had 12mi on them. How did they feel on the track at first and how long did it take you to get them scrubbed in before you were able to start flying....you were moving pretty good by the end when I was corner working.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #64
hillcountry54
~~~---| Hillbilly |---~~~

Bike(s):
Kaw ZX-10R B|ack

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry54
Talking

I appologize for not reading this whole thread...

But I must say that if you were in the beginner group, ya'll are some of the fastest beginners I've EVER SEEN! And fast and dont crash too!

Saw one guy run off the track 2 times...ahem.... :icon_bigg But very impressed you didn't lay it down!:notworthy

I thought it was a great day and thank yall for commin out...

I was following some of yall around and SEVERAL of yall leavin blackies commin out of the turns all day long...IMPRESSIVE!

Keep up the good work guys!
But godliness {actually} is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
I Tim. 6:6-8
hillcountry54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #65
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

im surprised your bike worked out so well for nick buck. I thought it has to be tuned according to your weight and he looked a little smaller then you. and michelen makes slicks?
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #66
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
Hey CarbonR1, when I met you in the morning your new Pilot Powers had 12mi on them. How did they feel on the track at first and how long did it take you to get them scrubbed in before you were able to start flying....you were moving pretty good by the end when I was corner working.
well the first session they were real squishy b/c the pressure was too low. I had David ( the michelin man ) set the pressure for me and the next session it was feeling great. I always went out last on the first lap so i could go slow and heat up the tires, then on the second lap i just hammered it, and no probs at all. I had Metric Motorcycles do my forks with Racetech and M-U adjusted my rear shock for me so both of those things transformed by bike into a mean fast beast.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #67
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountry54
I appologize for not reading this whole thread...

But I must say that if you were in the beginner group, ya'll are some of the fastest beginners I've EVER SEEN! And fast and dont crash too!

Saw one guy run off the track 2 times...ahem.... :icon_bigg But very impressed you didn't lay it down!:notworthy

I thought it was a great day and thank yall for commin out...

I was following some of yall around and SEVERAL of yall leavin blackies commin out of the turns all day long...IMPRESSIVE!

Keep up the good work guys!
i think it was Nick that run off the track at least once for sure, but he did not lay it down.

I was in the intermediate group, riding fast but slow. i was told that i was leaving some blackies going in and coming out. when i touched my left side foot peg on the ground i kinda took it a little easier. what group were you riding in? what were you riding? Did you pass me?? Im sure you did as did everyone else.:laughing6
Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #68
hillcountry54

Bike(s):
Kaw ZX-10R B|ack

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
im surprised your bike worked out so well for nick buck. I thought it has to be tuned according to your weight and he looked a little smaller then you. and michelen makes slicks?
Yes they do!

Track day was awesome
But godliness {actually} is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #69
MadseasoN

Quote:
Was it later in the day around 3:00? If so it was probably me (black F3). Made a few fundamental mistakes like target fixation, not committing to the turn, staying on the throttle when I knew I was going wide, etc.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 04-12-2006 at 12:12 PM.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #70
hillcountry54

Bike(s):
Kaw ZX-10R B|ack

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Was it later in the day, around 3:00? If so it was probably me (black F3).
:glasses10
Old 04-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #71
MadseasoN

It was my last 2 laps. I'll know what I did wrong. At least there will be a next time. :icon_smil
Old 04-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #72
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

well im sure you learned from that mistake and will be able to correct it in the future.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #73
hillcountry54

Bike(s):
Kaw ZX-10R B|ack

You ran off in t10 right?

and which other?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #74
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
well im sure you learned from that mistake and will be able to correct it in the future.
Yep I did. Ready for June & July now at MSRH. Looks like they'll be like a week apart.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #75
MadseasoN

Quote:
You ran off in t10 right?

and which other?
I ran off in turn 6 (sweeper out of Diamonds Edge) and turn 8 (Bus Stop).

Don't get me wrong I'm definately not bragging about it. Scared the out of me. Just lightly used the both brakes and raised up off the seat a little.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 04-12-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #76
hillcountry54

Bike(s):
Kaw ZX-10R B|ack

Talking

Quote:
I ran off in turn 6 (sweeper out of Diamonds Edge) and turn 8 (Bus Stop).
I think it may have been earlier in the day, where we (Jason) talked about streching your neck out toward where you want to be. I know that sounds kinda funny, but I've had to use that and its worked...

Its just being able to breathe and remember to do that when you catch yourself running wide!

mind over matter right?!?!?!?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #77
MadseasoN

Quote:
mind over matter right?!?!?!?
I'm a new rider, but from what I've seen - the guys who can concentrate and know what to expect out of the bike and themselves are the ones that are the best riders.

Hoping to be there soon
Old 04-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #78
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

another thing to concentrate on is, do not use your arms and hands to hold on, thats what your torso and legs are for, try practicing letting go of the left clip on next time your in a right hand lean. if you do it properly nothing with the bike or your body will change, everytime i went thru T2 i let go just to keep myself in check. it's kinda hard to do it with the right hand tho. just something to think about next time your out. breathing is very important, and no whiteknuckle riding either,
Old 04-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #79
MadseasoN

I kept scraping my left peg through turn 5 but never touched my knee down. I was over the tank, right knee almost touching my right elbow and head just about where the left mirror would be. Any tips on this?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #80
hillcountry54

Bike(s):
Kaw ZX-10R B|ack

Talking

Quote:
I'm a new rider, but from what I've seen - the guys who can concentrate and know what to expect out of the bike and themselves are the ones that are the best riders.

Hoping to be there soon
laps...

and good tires.

you'll be there before you know it! :icon_bigg

you got the smarts already. Its hard to pull in early, shows maturity though f'sho! Cant avoid all crashes, but everytime you crash you stop learning.

and as far as not death gripping the bars...

I find at a track day its easy...and then I get into a race and my hands go numb from the grip I got...:confused1

Oh well...if I was perfect I'd be in motoGP I suppose...lol Seems like no matter how fast you go, you always have plenty of stuff to work on...

btw I love that smiley!

Advertisement