Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
yes it was hd's recent aquisition....they are working on a sportbike based on the vrod lol
where'd u hear that? as far as i know HD's involvement is strictly ownership. they are not sharing anything technology wise. HD just wanted to boost their marketshare in Europe, so they bought MV for a RIDICULOUS amount of money. there have been no formal plans announced, that i know of, that state they are working on any bike together. and thank . HD wouldn't know how to build an exotic sportbike if it fell in their lap.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Basket case MV Agusta F4 Wanted bumblebee General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 09-23-2012 04:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #22
FuelSlut

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
mv agusta F4 1000 RR
R6
mv agusta F4 1000 S 1+1
gsxr 600
gsxr 1000

so... i just read the thread...

i love my bike... haven't had any probs whatsoever... need to do my valve adjustment soon. the yamaha dealership on 249/1960 is no longer dealing with these. So we shall see where i will get this done... I do know parts are hard to come by if you need them in a timely manner. Ebay is your friend. Otherwise from dealerships.. they come from overseas and then sourced out from Michigan i believe. A few online web sites sell aftermarket parts... Bought a few items from them... just takes time to ship from the other side of the pond.

btw I've been caught in a downpour... so don't know what the sparkplug comment was about. I've had no problems in the rain.

the bike is on wheels... the end.
FuelSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelSlut View Post
so... i just read the thread...

i love my bike... haven't had any probs whatsoever... need to do my valve adjustment soon. the yamaha dealership on 249/1960 is no longer dealing with these. So we shall see where i will get this done... I do know parts are hard to come by if you need them in a timely manner. Ebay is your friend. Otherwise from dealerships.. they come from overseas and then sourced out from Michigan i believe. A few online web sites sell aftermarket parts... Bought a few items from them... just takes time to ship from the other side of the pond.

btw I've been caught in a downpour... so don't know what the sparkplug comment was about. I've had no problems in the rain.

have you ridden a 750 F4 before, or just the 1000? my only experience is with the 750, and even that was a pretty quick bike, lots of low end. like mentioned above though, some throttle on/off issues.

and sunday rider, please leave your narrow-minded ignorance out of the thread. if you want to bash harley's start a new thread for it. no need to "teach" me about sporbikes either. do a search for the jan 2008 motohouston bike of the month to see one of my other bikes.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #24
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #25
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Well, I think MV's are pretty cool bikes to own. However, if I owned a Ducati 848 as my current street ride I would probably pass on the MV. Consider this:

I have a garage of bikes cause I like variety in riding. In the past two weeks I've ridden a Zuma 70cc moped around San Antonio, and on the muddy motorcross track, a 50cc moped up and down the river road 420 style in New Braunfels backing it in to 15 mph corners, wheelying a supermotard around town, blasting my CBR1000 at speed on the highway, jumping a YZ125 and CR250 on the motorcross track, popping wheelies at ASI on a Bandit 1200 and Chad's street legal CRF88, and even cruised my monkey around the block draggin sneaker. Variety is the spice of life. Get something from a whole other side of the spectrum.

Maybe a chromed out big inch Harley?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #26
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Well, I think MV's are pretty cool bikes to own. However, if I owned a Ducati 848 as my current street ride I would probably pass on the MV. Consider this:

I have a garage of bikes cause I like variety in riding. In the past two weeks I've ridden a Zuma 70cc moped around San Antonio, and on the muddy motorcross track, a 50cc moped up and down the river road 420 style in New Braunfels backing it in to 15 mph corners, wheelying a supermotard around town, blasting my CBR1000 at speed on the highway, jumping a YZ125 and CR250 on the motorcross track, popping wheelies at ASI on a Bandit 1200 and Chad's street legal CRF88, and even cruised my monkey around the block draggin sneaker. Variety is the spice of life. Get something from a whole other side of the spectrum.

Maybe a chromed out big inch Harley?
man i couldn't agree with you more
Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #27
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Take that to the PW thread, keep this on topic.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #28
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

i just chewed my fingernails off. all of them.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #29
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Man, ya'll let one person turn this thread upside down. Wow. Might as well lock this thread. It's way off topic.
now this chopped up thread makes lots of sense.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #30
thenextrossi
Banned

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 (racebike)2004 kawasaki zx-10r(Trackdaybike), 2009 Kawasaki zx6r(racebike)

User is banned

thenextrossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #31
hjl47

Bike(s):
05 r6

Quote:
the look is pretty outdated,
i beg to differ, these bikes are classic italian all the way. i think the design is timeless
hjl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #32
b42day

Feedback Rating: (3)

I have owned a total of 4 MV's. A first model 2000, two Senna 750s and a 750 SPR. I still own two of these. I have about 30K combined miles of MV riding in Houston's heat. I have had ZERO major issues with any of them.

I will own a 1000 soon too.

They are awesome machines and very capable on the right hands.

Like any fine machinery as long as the maintenance is followed no major issues. Parts availability is Ducati like. You can get almost anything in 1 week or less. Fast by Ferracci in PA is one of my many sources.

If you like to be different and appreciate fine Italian craftmanship an MV is your ticket.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions / concerns about MVs in general. I have been riding them since 2000.
b42day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #33
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
i rode one i hated it it rode horrible, not like a race bike, throttle was wierd and it felt like a clunker
Old 11-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #34
Reventon

Quote:
i rode my friends 07, the throttle is a bit abrupt, the suspension is ok but they have not changed the bike for almost 8 years so the look is pretty outdated, the only cool part that i liked are those 4 pipes coming out from the tail section!

Outdated??? It is the most modern bike to this day still. If its outdated why is it the only bike thats ever used in movies based on the future? (Batman, I-Robot, Matrix, Entourage, Transformers, Art of War, etc...) You get my drift! lol
Reventon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #35
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
Outdated??? It is the most modern bike to this day still. If its outdated why is it the only bike thats ever used in movies based on the future? (Batman, I-Robot, Matrix, Entourage, Transformers, Art of War, etc...) You get my drift! lol
I do strongly believe he referred to the 2000 model which is indeed technologically outdated. However, the new 312R is in my opinion one of the best in line four motorcycles. I've never rode one... yet. and some people might complain about their ergonomics and stiff suspension--Agustas are a pure breed race bikes--but the same it's said about some Ducatis, and I think they are great.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #36
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
Pos, dale guey!
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #37
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Rules View Post
i rode one i hated it it rode horrible, not like a race bike, throttle was wierd and it felt like a clunker
Must have been the same one I rode.... Jon's? lol
Old 11-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #38
kinnlyn

Bike(s):
ninja 636
crf 230
ninja500 sold
ninja 650r wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelSlut View Post
so...
That bike is AMAZING!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #39
Reventon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
I do strongly believe he referred to the 2000 model which is indeed technologically outdated. However, the new 312R is in my opinion one of the best in line four motorcycles. I've never rode one... yet. and some people might complain about their ergonomics and stiff suspension--Agustas are a pure breed race bikes--but the same it's said about some Ducatis, and I think they are great.

I was referring to styling of the bike. I am also biased because I owned one and thought it was the best super bike ever.
Reventon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #40
jcsanchez68

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

Ridding someone else bike is not the same, test ridding a bike will not allow you to tell if it is a good one or not, the throttle being different that your bike does not make it a bad bike. A joy ride for 5 minutes one day is not enough, ask people that owns one.

Again taking this people seriosly it could be your mistake and you could be missing out on a a bike that you want, just because some people can not afford it they are going to talk smack about it, if you like if go and get your information from the informed and MV owner.
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement