MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Meet Oswaldo

Oswaldo is a high-school drop-out from Mexico. Oswaldo paid a “coyote” $2,000 to smuggle him over the US border. Along the way, Oswaldo’s group trashed an Arizona ranch and accidentally started a forest fire where they camped. Oswaldo made his way to North Carolina, where he paid a forger $100 for a fake Green Card and a fake Social Security card. Using these forged documents, Oswaldo found work at a construction site. Oswaldo has now been violating US laws for seven years.

Oswaldo had his family smuggled in from Mexico. His wife now also works illegally with forged documents. Their children get free education at an American public school, and will be eligible for in-state tuition at the University of North Carolina when they grow up. Oswaldo and his wife just had another son, who is a US citizen by virtue of birth.

In order to be eligible for the McCain-Kennedy amnesty, Oswaldo will have to prove that he has been violating US laws for seven years. He can then pay a $2,000 fine, pay back-taxes, and be eligible for a real “Green Card” in six years. Once he obtains the “Green Card,” Oswaldo will be eligible to live in the US permanently. He can apply for US citizenship in five years.

Under current laws, America provides temporary three-year visas to only 65,000 skilled experts like Vikas every year. There is no clear “path to citizenship” for them; when their visas expire, or they get laid off, they’re supposed to immediately leave the country. Getting a “Green Card” on the basis of your skills, education, and inteligence, is a difficult, almost-impossible process.

Under the McCain-Kennedy plan, America would provide an automatic path to citizenship to an additional 400,000 low-skilled, poorly-educated workers like Oswaldo every year. McCain-Kennedy claim this is a “guest” worker program.

Under the McCain-Kennedy plan, America will also provide citizenship to 12 million lawbreakers like Oswaldo, who are already in the US. They claim this is not an “amnesty.”

Call your senators.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C December Central Meet (Last Meet 2014 - MOVED TO DEC 19TH)...Let's talk about it. NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 67 12-09-2014 03:35 PM
Supermoto Meet/Ride at MH Central Meet May 7th BYRDMAN Super Motards 23 07-13-2014 11:48 PM
Supermoto Meet/Ride at the MH Central Meet 4 Dec BYRDMAN Super Motards 14 12-05-2013 10:00 AM
S SOUTHEAST MEET/RIDE TO CENTRAL MEET WEDNESDAY 6-6-12 j_e_hurst Events, Meets and Rides 33 06-07-2012 01:56 AM
4/4/12 @645 pm meet a frys west rd ride an hour then go to central meet at freebirds skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 0 04-04-2012 03:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
brendan0918

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
Oswaldo is a high-school drop-out from Mexico. Oswaldo paid a “coyote” $2,000 to smuggle him over the US border. Along the way, Oswaldo’s group trashed an Arizona ranch and accidentally started a forest fire where they camped. Oswaldo made his way to North Carolina, for a fake Green Card and a fake Social Security card. Using these forged documents, Oswaldo found work at a construction site. Oswaldo has now been violating US laws for seven years.

Oswaldo had his family smuggled in from Mexico. His wife now also works illegally with forged documents. Oswaldo and his wife just had another son, who is a US citizen by virtue of birth.

In order to be eligible for the McCain-Kennedy amnesty, Oswaldo will have to prove that he has been violating US laws for seven years. He can then pay a $2,000 fine, pay back-taxes, and be eligible for a real “Green Card” in six years. Once he obtains the “Green Card,” Oswaldo will be eligible to live in the US permanently. He can apply for US citizenship in five years.

Under current laws, America provides temporary three-year visas to only 65,000 skilled experts like Vikas every year. There is no clear “path to citizenship” for them; when their visas expire, or they get laid off, they’re supposed to immediately leave the country. Getting a “Green Card” on the basis of your skills, education, and inteligence, is a difficult, almost-impossible process.

Under the McCain-Kennedy plan, . McCain-Kennedy claim this is a “guest” worker program.

Under the McCain-Kennedy plan, America will also provide citizenship to 12 million lawbreakers like Oswaldo, who are already in the US. They claim this is not an “amnesty.”

Call your senators.

Oswaldo paid a “coyote” $2,000 to smuggle him over the US border---Paid to be here, YOU got lucky to be born american.

Oswaldo’s group---Not Oswaldo did the ACCIDENTAL burning as stated.

where he paid a forger $100---If no one will sell this nobody will be tempted to buy.

fake Green Card and a fake Social Security card. Using these forged documents, Oswaldo found work at a construction site. Oswaldo has now been violating US laws for seven years---So he's paying taxes without any means of getting some back

Their children get free education at an American public school, and will be eligible for in-state tuition at the University of North Carolina when they grow up.---So you're saying that your kids didn't get free education? I know you're paying taxes but getting some back aswell, what about Oswaldo paying taxes not getting anything back and you'd deny his kids for the same thing your kids got, FREE education.

America would provide an automatic path to citizenship to an additional 400,000 low-skilled, poorly-educated workers like Oswaldo every year---And everybody here is EDUCATED?

Everybody gets a chance to better not only their lives but also their love ones.They took a chance and risk lives to do it be it they done it the wrong way,if this proposal will really help them then as what you said CALL YOUR SENATORS and voice out your reason why you don't want this. My .2 cents on this topic and yes SOLRACER we have more topics to talk about other than this one.

Last edited by brendan0918; 04-08-2006 at 03:58 PM.
brendan0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan0918
Oswaldo paid a “coyote” $2,000 to smuggle him over the US border---Paid to be here, YOU got lucky to be born american.

where he paid a forger $100---If no one will sell this nobody will be tempted to buy.

fake Green Card and a fake Social Security card. Using these forged documents, Oswaldo found work at a construction site. Oswaldo has now been violating US laws for seven years---So he's paying taxes without any means of getting some back

Their children get free education at an American public school, and will be eligible for in-state tuition at the University of North Carolina when they grow up.---So you're saying that your kids didn't get free education? I know you're paying taxes but getting some back aswell, what about Oswaldo paying taxes not getting anything back and you'd deny his kids for the same thing your kids got, FREE education.

America would provide an automatic path to citizenship to an additional 400,000 low-skilled, poorly-educated workers like Oswaldo every year---And everybody here is EDUCATED?
^^ perfect example of whats wrong with our society and the twisted thinking involved
good job

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
brendan0918

Quote:
^^ perfect example of whats wrong with our society and the twisted thinking involved
good job

^^^^ I'm entitled to my own opinion so as you..:laughing6
Old 04-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i started thinking of where's waldo when i read the title
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
^^^^ I'm entitled to my own opinion so as you..:laughing6
I know you are, I was in the air force and am part of the reason you have the freedom of the first amendment. Doesnt mean I have to agree with ya.
just for grins, clue me in. Assuming you are a U.S. citizen, I am guessing either you are offspring of illegals or you are dating a hot illegal chica.
which is it?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #7
brendan0918

U.S. Citizen, came here when I was 5 from the Phils.,need I say more. Father worked for the U.S.N. Married to a U.S. citizen who came here legally and works at the V.A. hospital.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
U.S. Citizen, came here when I was 5 from the Phils.,need I say more. Father worked for the U.S.N. Married to a U.S. citizen who came here legally and works at the V.A. hospital.
strange, usually non US citizens, no matter where they originated that went through all the government BS to become US citizens really try hard to protect what they had to work so hard to gain. To see people just blatantly abuse the system that they did the right thing and followed all the rules usually ruffles their feathers more than the natural born US citizens.
What do your parents think of all the BS going on right now?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
brendan0918

Quote:
strange, usually non US citizens, no matter where they originated that went through all the government BS to become US citizens really try hard to protect what they had to work so hard to gain. To see people just blatantly abuse the system that they did the right thing and followed all the rules usually ruffles their feathers more than the natural born US citizens.
What do your parents think of all the BS going on right now?

Parents are back home now, they wanna retire there.Anyways, they did go through a lot just to give us (kids) what we're having right now. All I'm saying with this thing is, the parents just want to give their kids a good future despite all the BS that's happening.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Parents are back home now, they wanna retire there.Anyways, they did go through a lot just to give us (kids) what we're having right now. All I'm saying with this thing is, the parents just want to give their kids a good future despite all the BS that's happening.
I understand why they are doing it, and I agree 100%, I would do the same thing.
Its our governments fault this is happening or been allowed to happen. now, the problem exists, our economy is being taxed heavily and its to late to do anything.
just really me off to see protestors waiving freaking mexican flags when they are supposedly fighting for the rights the U.S. offers! WTF kinda message is that when they are burning our flags and flying them upside down?
most dont even know why they are there I'll bet

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
brendan0918

Quote:
I understand why they are doing it, and I agree 100%, I would do the same thing.
Its our governments fault this is happening or been allowed to happen. now, the problem exists, our economy is being taxed heavily and its to late to do anything.
just really me off to see protestors waiving freaking mexican flags when they are supposedly fighting for the rights the U.S. offers! WTF kinda message is that when they are burning our flags and flying them upside down?

Now we're talking, yeah I agree with you there, burning of the flag, protesting like the students around here. I bet like you said not everyone knows what the h--l they are protesting about. Same with you if I were in that predicament, I'd do the same thing, risk my life for my family.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #12
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

I agree with some stuff here, it's just that there's not easy answer to the illegal question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #13
brendan0918

Yeah, that's true. The topic is really broad, you have to look at all aspects and yes,maybe will have a diffuculty in solving this matter.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I am looking for a hot little illegal chica to date.

"Making dreams, realities since 1976." - Moody

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Send a message via AIM to 2KBUSA Send a message via Yahoo to 2KBUSA
Quote:
dude i am from europe and i came here when i was about 5years old too ..no i am a citizen.....but why the **** are they protesting because they get to go to school for free and learn, and in texas or the us you burn the flag get ready to die for that..i saw that the kids were skiping school and protesting...i would of picked them up in a bus and droped them of in mexico and tell them to protest there....
Old 04-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #16
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:

Everybody gets a chance to better not only their lives but also their love ones.They took a chance and risk lives to do it be it they done it the wrong way,if this proposal will really help them then as what you said CALL YOUR SENATORS and voice out your reason why you don't want this. My .2 cents on this topic and yes SOLRACER we have more topics to talk about other than this one.
We all pay to be here. Get it right!

So Oswaldo was not part of the group? Guilt by association. Learn that or you will have alot of legal issues as you get older.

Again, your theory is flawed. Try reading about economics.

Our tax system may suck but, you also seem to lack an understanding of it.

Again, we are all paying for it. It is obviously not free.

I am obviously not educated. Education as a system is well over rated. Read this. http://www.molloy.edu/academic/philo.../Whitehead.htm

Obviously this is one of the hottest topics for this century but, I am always up for discussing any random thing. Lets discuss why there are people in Arizona prisons serving 20 year to life sentences for marijuana.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #17
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Send a message via AIM to 2KBUSA Send a message via Yahoo to 2KBUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I am looking for a hot little illegal chica to date.

"Making dreams, realities since 1976." - Moody
lol me too
Old 04-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #18
brendan0918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
We all pay to be here. Get it right!

So Oswaldo was not part of the group? Guilt by association. Learn that or you will have alot of legal issues as you get older.

Again, your theory is flawed. Try reading about economics.

Our tax system may suck but, you also seem to lack an understanding of it.

Again, we are all paying for it. It is obviously not free.

I am obviously not educated. Education as a system is well over rated. Read this. http://www.molloy.edu/academic/philo.../Whitehead.htm

Obviously this is one of the hottest topics for this century but, I am always up for discussing any random thing. Lets discuss why there are people in Arizona prisons serving 20 year to life sentences for marijuana.

We all pay to be here. Get it right!---- TRUE

So Oswaldo was not part of the group? Guilt by association. Learn that or you will have alot of legal issues as you get older.--- If really as what was mentioned above is true and they "THEIR GROUP" started that fire, why were they able to continue on their journey?Why weren't they sent back home if found really guilty? And fyi I wisely choose people to hang out with. SO I think I won't have a problem with that as I GET OLDER, OLD MAN.

Our tax system may suck but, you also seem to lack an understanding of it.--- I bet you do.

Obviously this is one of the hottest topics for this century but, I am always up for discussing any random thing. Lets discuss why there are people in Arizona prisons serving 20 year to life sentences for marijuana.--- Why do you think they won't stop bringing it here? It's that what you are trying to imply?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #19
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

I am not implying anything. There are American people serving 20 year sentences for the possesion of a joint. Has nothing to do with the border. That is why I was starting talk on that.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #20
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

You are not guaranteed money back when you pay taxes. In fact a smart man/woman would not over pay on taxes so the money could earn you interest. Yeah, I don't know everything about the system and no one individual usually does. Why, because it is a jacked up piece of system.

Advertisement