MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #21
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
ppl who get angry over someone burning a flag, weather it be ours or not, is an idiot.
it has nothing to do with the weather it is all about whether you are patriotic about your country and the meaning the flag represents.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets Talk : Company Bonuses..... Solracer Off Topic 202 12-28-2011 10:54 AM
LSU Flag Burning Today Snoogyns848 The Circus 98 05-13-2011 11:42 AM
so lets talk BOATS Azylum Off Topic 74 10-25-2010 02:12 PM
Lets Talk Jackets viper3ez Gear Talk 44 06-24-2010 11:59 PM
lets talk : BACKPACKS GAU-8 Off Topic 4 01-30-2010 07:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #22
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

, Tim is on a roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #23
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

good job tim. These peeps these days my grandfather served in ww2 for you sorry peeps. I wonder what if anything yall do stand for!

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #24
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

just another thing for people to do to people off and another thing for people off to get about and when it comes down to it it's not worth it either way. burning a flag won't get anyone's respect.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #25
Slvr04
"Bird of Prey"

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 Busa

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
^^a commie plain and simple. no, seriously, we care about the American flag because we are AMERICANS, not germans.
dont make more into this than what it is, A very unpatriotic act.
You exemplify whats wrong with the youth of today, simple plain and true lack of patriotism. A stint in the military would be good for you maybe.

Well I am a German American. I served 11 years in the US military and I do have care for our country. That was not what I meant. I just brought another light on the subject. If something can be bought openly with no ties, like as you would a can of soda ( regardless of what people see in it) then said person should be able to dispose of THEIR PURCHASE in any way they see fit. There are no strings attached to a flag, no tracking numbers, not a RARE thing. That, sir, was my point.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #26
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr04
Well I am a German American. I served 11 years in the US military and I do have care for our country. That was not what I meant. I just brought another light on the subject. If something can be bought openly with no ties, like as you would a can of soda ( regardless of what people see in it) then said person should be able to dispose of THEIR PURCHASE in any way they see fit. There are no strings attached to a flag, no tracking numbers, not a RARE thing. That, sir, was my point.
You spent 11 years in the service and got zero amount of patriotism from it!? man o man.
Its not about value, its not about rarity, its about patriotism for your country and the symbol and the meaning of what the flag represents.

To compare the flag and what it means to a can of soda, you sir don't deserve to be in our military, plain and simple and thankyou for getting out.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #27
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

is it okay to have american flag underwear?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #28
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

get a clue here:http://www.legion.org/?section=our_f...t=flag_respect
You can download the complete flag code on that site.
You see this much care data written anywhere for a soda can?

The Flag Code - Respect for Flag
8. Respect for flag No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor. flag respect

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.

Bunting of blue, white, and red always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkin or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning. (Disposal of Unserviceable Flags Ceremony)

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #29
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
is it okay to have american flag underwear?
Item D in the above is for you junior
although I have seen it made into jogging shorts, I'm sure there are underwear out on the market to, but I won't own any. Those are for those that care not for flag etiquette

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #30
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i know there is a LOT more stuff that bothers me a LOT more than flag burning. get over something useful, not just some burning a flag. forget it and if you're really call the cops since it's illegal you said. nothing worth having a heart attack over. you may say it's all tied into patriotism, but it's too late. McCarthy is gone(no i didn't see the clooney movie), we don't have to worry about lack of patriotism any more. most people aren't very patriotic any more. they'll hang a flag and say they are, but most aren't.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #31
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
i know there is a LOT more stuff that bothers me a LOT more than flag burning. get over something useful, not just some burning a flag. forget it and if you're really call the cops since it's illegal you said. nothing worth having a heart attack over. you may say it's all tied into patriotism, but it's too late. McCarthy is gone(no i didn't see the clooney movie), we don't have to worry about lack of patriotism any more. most people aren't very patriotic any more. they'll hang a flag and say they are, but most aren't.
sad but true

and I'm not gonna have a heart attack over it, but I am a patriotic person and I refuse to follow along like the rest of the sheep and just say "ho hum, its no big deal" . To compare the flag to a can of soda is asinine, but a view most people probably hold. To hear it come from a U.S. veteran, very , very sad day for our country and our military if this is how it is viewed.
It is true, most people dont even have one ounce of patriotism anymore, we are in a different world than the one I grew up in. shamefully sad but true:eh:
I dont expect you to understand, you are in fact one of todays youth that would probably buy the underwear.
I fly the flag at my residence each and every day, I fly it for a reason, not just because it has pretty colors and neato stars on it.
The only other person on my street that has one each day is an old WW2 veteran, he understands what it represents. It was Flag day a couple days ago, was a sad day for me to NOT see a bunch of flags out, in fact, most people didnt even know the day existed. meh, its the world we live in and its rapidly going to .

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #32
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

people fly flags for different reasons. some people might fly it because they remember when it meant something, but that's getting rarer and rarer. america stands for a lot of things now. a lot of people aren't happy w/ the government in general and thus they don't care too much to show patriotism.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #33
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
people fly flags for different reasons. some people might fly it because they remember when it meant something, but that's getting rarer and rarer. america stands for a lot of things now. a lot of people aren't happy w/ the government in general and thus they don't care too much to show patriotism.
well, I have to admit, I am not one tiny bit happy about the direction my government is going or what the it does for me. I'm not happy at all [read that as ]
but I am still patriotic and hold value for my flag and what it represents.
If I let that go, I might as well move to somewhere else and I dont mean crosby

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #34
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

you'll probably find more flags flying around here, but still...none true patriots to be found. just kidding, i'm sure people are. they vote for American Idol, don't they? we are so self obsessed, autopederasts. i'm gonna get some ice cream it's raining babies
Old 04-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #35
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

speaking of american idol, walton and johnson said we oughta have our presidential election via american idol style. vote as often as you like and as long as you wanna pay .90 per call

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #36
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

yes, republicans would win every time.:laughing6
Old 04-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #37
Slvr04
"Bird of Prey"

Bike(s):
06 Busa

Member Garage

See your just one of those pissy left wing activists that see nothing around them other than long forgotten ideals. WOW, Patriotisim. Should we die for it? yes, should we protect it? yes. Should we tell someone that purchases an item that they do not have the freedom we preach so much about to do what THEY want with it? NO That sir is my point. Also, it is and was people like me that did what we had to to so that you could get up in the morning, have your cup of joe, and not worry about the ones getting killed so that you could. Do not get pissy of a topic that you started and got replys from. I did not call you names or say that im glad you did or did not do something. I simply gave a different perspective on something. Take a valume
Old 04-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #38
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr04
See your just one of those pissy left wing activists that see nothing around them other than long forgotten ideals. WOW, Patriotisim. Should we die for it? yes, should we protect it? yes. Should we tell someone that purchases an item that they do not have the freedom we preach so much about to do what THEY want with it? NO That sir is my point. Also, it is and was people like me that did what we had to to so that you could get up in the morning, have your cup of joe, and not worry about the ones getting killed so that you could. Do not get pissy of a topic that you started and got replys from. I did not call you names or say that im glad you did or did not do something. I simply gave a different perspective on something. Take a valume
first off, I am a U.S. military VETERAN also. I have respect for what the flag means, I understand you do not, your choice to be a commie. I'm sad for you that you learned so little while being in the military, I'm glad for you that your out and not spreading your non patriotic B.S. to those still active duty.
and BTW, its spelled valium, have some do ya?
not getting pissy with you, just blows me away you are an 11 year vet and has so little respect for the flag and what it represents.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #39
Slvr04
"Bird of Prey"

Bike(s):
06 Busa

Member Garage

OH WOW YOUR A VETERAN.....LMAO E1?

Dude get over your self. If you DID spend time in the military then you know how bad they are getting fwkd by our own govenment. I see that you can only see one perspective......your own. So why do you start a thread if you refuse to acknowledge any other opinion other than yours and see it as just that? another persons opinion?
Slvr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #40
Slvr04
"Bird of Prey"

Bike(s):
06 Busa

Member Garage

BTW I love how you get pissy over every post that dosent coincide with your own opinion.
Slvr04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement