MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #81
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeddXavier View Post
"The bike smacked into the cop car.... cop just used his is car as a mobile road block. If the cop was trying to run the bike/rider over, there'd be a bigger mess."

police car was still moving forward
Enough to make sure that he was able to block the bike, nothing more.
Rider could have pulled/over stopped instead of trying to dodge around the oncoming LEO.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close Encounter with the Po-Po Volfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-31-2012 02:51 PM
PO PO survives crash pester Off Topic 7 07-14-2010 09:25 PM
papa johns for po-po's (no not our po-po) RACER X Off Topic 9 12-08-2009 06:55 PM
Trafic Po-Po Saturday Morning Echo4Hotel General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-13-2008 11:35 AM
5 oclock in da morning..po po what???? ratmzapa Off Topic 30 04-02-2006 05:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #82
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

the more a watch the video, the more i see that he was trying to go around the cop car that hit him. he swerved left, then right and hit the car. that cap car was in the middle of the road for a while. it's all the riders fault.

at the 4 second mark you can see the cop car in the road. the bike hits it at the 8 second mark.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #83
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
bottom line. stay away from south carolina even if you dont run from the police

Now that, is a truly stupid comment.

Reality,

Ride the speed limit, obey the law.
break it, be an adult, pull over and take what's coming to you.
Act like a child, get your busted.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #84
ChrisGo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold
looking for a trackbike!!

According to everyone here, anyone who runs from the law should be killed on site Are yall serious?
Next time I see someone steeling a case of beer or a candy bar, Ill run them over and call it justified
ChrisGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #85
ZeddXavier

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

of course it was stupid, it was meant to be funny. we dont need to reiterate that you are supposed to pull over, nowhere in the thread has anyone said he should have been running. sheesh at least racerx had a sense of humor about it
ZeddXavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #86
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

KILLED, naw. now if thats the end result, thats the runners fault.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #87
ZeddXavier

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

either way, that wouldnt have happened in houston. if im not mistaken, HPD isnt even supposed to do the pit in a car chase right?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #88
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxxer600 View Post
According to everyone here, anyone who runs from the law should be killed on site Are yall serious?
Next time I see someone steeling a case of beer or a candy bar, Ill run them over and call it justified
if being killed is a result of police trying to stop a chase, then so be it. how is it any different than running from them and you going wide and hitting a tree and killing yourself? are you going to blame the cops for chasing?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #89
ZeddXavier

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
the more a watch the video, the more i see that he was trying to go around the cop car that hit him. he swerved left, then right and hit the car. that cap car was in the middle of the road for a while. it's all the riders fault.

at the 4 second mark you can see the cop car in the road. the bike hits it at the 8 second mark.
of course he is going to try to avoid having a collision, duh . . . he swerved left and then the cop moved into his way so he swerved right and the cop turned more, obviously trying to hit him. that was no road block. that was a head on collision
Old 09-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #90
ZeddXavier

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-6R (sold)

again of course it is a stupid idea to run, but we are saying the cop that drove into him was being overly aggressive and could have used a different method of dealing with the situation
Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #91
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeddXavier View Post
of course he is going to try to avoid having a collision, duh . . . he swerved left and then the cop moved into his way so he swerved right and the cop turned more, obviously trying to hit him. that was no road block. that was a head on collision
brakes also work to avoid a collision... he had plenty of time to stop, he was trying to pass the cop to continue running.

I don't care if the cop was in a tank, a car, or an F-22... the guy should not have been trying to evade. when he did, he decided that attempting to evade was worth risking his life. whether you hit a cop car or a tree, it's the riders fault. If he would have pulled over then it wouldn't have happened. cause and effect.

I just don't see how you are blaming the cop for this. lets follow the cause and effect chain for a minute.

guy does something illegal:cause.
cop turns on his lights in attempt to pull the guy over: effect.

cops lights come on: cause
there are 2 possible effects here, either the guy pulls over... end of chase nobody hurt, or attempt to evade. he attempted to evade.

attempting to evade: cause
police pull in front to stop him :effect.

now what set that in motion and who is at fault here?

Last edited by sbfuller; 09-03-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #92
ChrisGo

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold

Quote:
if being killed is a result of police trying to stop a chase, then so be it. how is it any different than running from them and you going wide and hitting a tree and killing yourself? are you going to blame the cops for chasing?
The officer intentionally causes the death vs. the rider accidentally causing his own death. Yall are scaring me over here
Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #93
ChrisGo

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold

Quote:
brakes also work to avoid a collision... he had plenty of time to stop, he was trying to pass the cop to continue running.

I don't care if the cop was in a tank, a car, or an F-22... the guy should not have been trying to evade. when he did, he decided that attempting to evade was worth risking his life. whether you hit a cop car or a tree, it's the riders fault. If he would have pulled over then it wouldn't have happened. cause and effect.

I just don't see how you are blaming the cop for this. lets follow the cause and effect chain for a minute.

guy does something illegal:cause.
cop turns on his lights in attempt to pull the guy over: effect.
cops lights come on: cause
there are 2 possible effects here, either the guy pulls over... end of chase nobody hurt, or attempt to evade. he attempted to evade.
attempting to evade: cause
police pull in front to stop him :effect.

now what set that in motion and who is at fault here?
Effect: The rider dying Cause:The officer pulling in front of a motorcycle at a high rate of speed
The officer should be commended, he got that dime bag of weed off the streets at almost the cost of someones life
Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #94
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
The officer intentionally causes the death vs. the rider accidentally causing his own death. Yall are scaring me over here
what is worse then, an officer causing a death of one irresposible rider in the direct act of committing a felony, or that same rider killing an innocent person when he crashes?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #95
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Effect: The rider dying Cause:The officer pulling in front of a motorcycle at a high rate of speed
The officer should be commended, he got that dime bag of weed off the streets at almost the cost of someones life
but where did the chain start? with the rider chosing to not stop. it's like you trying to blame me for shooting you when you decided to break into my house. If the rider had made a different choice, the outcome would have been different.

if you are using the weed thing as an arguement and that is why he ran... i guess you are not blaming the guy for having the pot on him? or are you going to blame the law that makes pot illegal so that caused him to run?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #96
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
hmmm, intentionally, you know this how?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #97
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
As stated, no one thinks they should be killed, however, if they do happen to get killed in the process it was their choice to run.

If you choose to run, on a single track vehicle, at a high rate of speed, what's the worst that you think could could happen?

If you don't think dying is a possible consequence than you're fooling yourself.

I'll give you a different perspective. Years back I was home from boot camp, my buddy Darrel was home from AIT at the same time.
We took our bikes out for the evening and took a long ride out past civilization towards Hammond / Pearl River and generally rode like fools.

On the way home around 1 a.m. one of Jefferson Parish's finest lit up behind us on I-10, we were doing about 80 mph, limit back then was 55.
Keep in mind this was in '81 when those cops still regularly beat the snot out of anyone they chose to without any recourse.
We both started to get on it and make for the clover leaf, but for whatever reason we both shut it down and pulled over.

The cop read us the riot act, but wound up just giving us a warning after seeing both of our Military i.d.'s.

Fast forward 3 days later. We're hanging out in Darrells garage wrenching on bikes and we hear sirens and a loud crash.
We run the 2 blocks down to the intersection of Clearview and West Metairie.
A guy riding a GS1150 had centerpunched a car while running from the cops.

The 2 year old girl in the passenger seat died instantly, her 5 year old brother got cut up pretty good but wound up o.k., the mom became a paraplegic.
The guy that was running? He sailed over the car and landed on his back. He probably got more injuries from the cops putting him into the car than he got from hitting the car.

His reason for running; he had an outstanding warrant on a speeding ticket.

For that reason alone 3 peoples lives were forever changed.

Darrell and I never spoke about it, but we both were thinking the same thing, if we hadn't had used our heads several night before it could have been us.

In the end it's all about personal responsibility; if you choose to do something dumb, you may get away with it, if you don't get away with it, be prepared to accept the consequences.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #98
ChrisGo

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold

Quote:
but where did the chain start? with the rider chosing to not stop. it's like you trying to blame me for shooting you when you decided to break into my house. If the rider had made a different choice, the outcome would have been different.

if you are using the weed thing as an arguement and that is why he ran... i guess you are not blaming the guy for having the pot on him? or are you going to blame the law that makes pot illegal so that caused him to run?
Completely took my comment out of context but I will try my best to explain. What I am getting at here is the level of violence that an officer uses is based on the crime being committed or has been committed. If the person riding the motorcycle had just murdered someone, I would say this level of violence would be justified. They had no clue why the rider ran. He could have possibly forgotten to take his schizophrenia pills, etc, etc.

Question: Why is this method of stopping a fleeing motorcycle not protocol around the country?
What do you tell the son/brother/mother/wife the reason is for you killing their family member? A bag of weed?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #99
ChrisGo

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
As stated, no one thinks they should be killed, however, if they do happen to get killed in the process it was their choice to run.
Thats a terrible story, sorry you had to see all of that . i went through something similar but it was a family minivan with no seatbelts.....

What would be the consequences of calling off the chase through a highly populated area?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #100
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Let's talk about the potential of injury here.
Someone running form the police on a 500 lb. 150+ MPH missile has the strong potential for injuring innocent bystanders.
What do you tell the son/brother/mother/wife the reason is for their loved one dying, someone ran from the cops and because they weren't aggressive enough they killed your family member?

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement