MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
BadApple
What?
 
BadApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,683


Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50



Member Garage





Bike V. PO PO















BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close Encounter with the Po-Po Volfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-31-2012 02:51 PM
PO PO survives crash pester Off Topic 7 07-14-2010 09:25 PM
papa johns for po-po's (no not our po-po) RACER X Off Topic 9 12-08-2009 06:55 PM
Trafic Po-Po Saturday Morning Echo4Hotel General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-13-2008 11:35 AM
5 oclock in da morning..po po what???? ratmzapa Off Topic 30 04-02-2006 05:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
cj_sandman
custom user title!!
 
cj_sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UT Campus
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,108


Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST








holy
__________________
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
NeedySV
Senior Member
 
NeedySV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 556

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV1000K6









For a peace officer to justify that use of force I truly hope that the guy on the motorcycle just murdered someone. Should he have ran? No, but nearly killing him is not justifiable in my mind.
NeedySV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
Prothos
Senior Member
 
Prothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 974

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Huffy









All i can say is don't run from them.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
yeffug
---------
 
yeffug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brazoria/Lake Jackson
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 106


Bike(s):
07' CBR600RR / (sold)
'06 VTX 1300R (traded in) /
'01 YZF 600R (sold)







douche bag cops!
__________________
You've got two empty halves of coconuts and you're banging them together!!
yeffug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
ileono918
On hiatus
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 6,047

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Why? if you have nothing to hide, don't run away from the popo.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #7
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedySV View Post
For a peace officer to justify that use of force I truly hope that the guy on the motorcycle just murdered someone. Should he have ran? No, but nearly killing him is not justifiable in my mind.
or

why is important for the criminal to escape and try adn get away, musta done something really bad to have run from the cops........and the cops think he musta done something really bad to have run, so they use whatevers nec. to stop him.

btw, vid blocked.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member
 
Hail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 3,352

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S








Makes me want to stand up and cheer for the cops. I think cops should get 1 minutes to beat the living out of anyone who runs.

If you run I have to assume you are a criminal and as such I have ZERO sympathy, empathy or concern.
Hail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






^ dun dun duuuunnn...............troooof!
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









you gotta be tough when you're dumb
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #11
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,258

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Looks like attempted murder to me.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #12
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






yeah, that rider outta be charged for endangering the cops........i hear ya!
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #13
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,258

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
yeah, that rider outta be charged for endangering the cops........i hear ya!
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Looks like attempted murder to me.
i'd rather see him run into a cop car at 20mph than a family of 5 in a minivan when he take a corner too hot while running from the cops. when you decide to run from the cops in any vehicle, realize that you are now responsible for whtever happens to you, you didn't have to run, you made that choice. same thing with breaking into a house, know the ultimate consequenses could be death and you only have yourself to blame for the bad choice
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:16 AM   #15
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,367

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






That's awesome!
Don't run, don't get f ucked up.
Run and get caught / f ucked up, don't whine about it.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,258

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i'd rather see him run into a cop car at 20mph than a family of 5 in a minivan when he take a corner too hot while running from the cops. when you decide to run from the cops in any vehicle, realize that you are now responsible for whtever happens to you, you didn't have to run, you made that choice. same thing with breaking into a house, know the ultimate consequenses could be death and you only have yourself to blame for the bad choice
I dont condone the running from the cops, nor would I like to see an innocent bystander injured, BUT like it or not, the motorcyclist has been convicted of no crime up to this point. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. The cops cannot just make the decision to use lethal force (yes, hitting a motorcycle head on with a cop car would be lethal force, because if it was the other way around you bet your that the charges would be attempted murder).
Whats next? Cops just shooting people that run? Same thing IMO.
Cops are the executive branch, not the judicial branch.
This aint judge dredd. Cops have a hard job, one of the hardest parts I would imagine is practicing restraint. I can fully understand the cops being really off at a motorcyclist running from them, makes sense. BUT when they take the job and put on the badge they have to do the job right.
This was not right, this was excessive.

Guy in fort worth died a few weeks ago from being tazed by the cops. Medical examiner ruled his death a homicide. Why, becuase the cop tazed him for 46 seconds straight. Im sure the cop thought that he needed to stop the guy from resisting by "any means necessary". He did not show restraint. He was in the wrong. HOMICIDE.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #17
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
I dont condone the running from the cops, nor would I like to see an innocent bystander injured, BUT like it or not, the motorcyclist has been convicted of no crime up to this point. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. The cops cannot just make the decision to use lethal force (yes, hitting a motorcycle head on with a cop car would be lethal force, because if it was the other way around you bet your that the charges would be attempted murder).
Whats next? Cops just shooting people that run? Same thing IMO.
Cops are the executive branch, not the judicial branch.
This aint judge dredd. Cops have a hard job, one of the hardest parts I would imagine is practicing restraint. I can fully understand the cops being really off at a motorcyclist running from them, makes sense. BUT when they take the job and put on the badge they have to do the job right.
This was not right, this was excessive.

Guy in fort worth died a few weeks ago from being tazed by the cops. Medical examiner ruled his death a homicide. Why, becuase the cop tazed him for 46 seconds straight. Im sure the cop thought that he needed to stop the guy from resisting by "any means necessary". He did not show restraint. He was in the wrong. HOMICIDE.
he has already committed a felony up to that point and the cop witnessed it. if a cop sees you shoot at him, do you need to be convicted of attempted murder before he can shoot back?

I would also like to see in a definition where it states that a vehicle is considered lethal force.

and you also said that cops cannot make the decision to use lethal force... wow. do they ask for permission and wait for it to be faxed back to use their gun?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.

Last edited by sbfuller; 09-03-2009 at 08:22 AM.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #18
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,258

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
That's awesome!
Don't run, don't get f ucked up.
Run and get caught / f ucked up, don't whine about it.
While I have a great deal of respect for you Patrick, I have to disagree.
Yes, it is STUPID to run from the cops. You cant outrun a radio and you'll more than likely be caught. It is a dumb thing to do.
HOWEVER, I do not approve of the means by which the officers ended the pursuit. There was no restraint.
Just out of curiousity, would you approve of the cops just shooting the rider?
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #19
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






and in FLA, guy ran from cops, cops crashed died, biker caught, charged and convicted of murder........society agree's, running = stupid.

live w/ your consequences.

the dividing lines seems to come w/ age, and wisdom
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #20
less_than_coop
SBN BMF
 
less_than_coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kerr County
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,258

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf








Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
he has already committed a felony up to that point and the cop witnessed it. no need to be "convicted" if a cop sees you shoot at him, do you need to be convicted of attempted murder before he shoots back?
He has allegedly committed a felony. Doesnt matter who saw him do it, cops, the governor, the president, sifu, anybody. It could be played on live TV, he is still innocent until proven guilty.
Well, had he shot at a cop and the cop shot back in self defense that would be one thing, and an acceptable thing.
But he wasnt shooting at the cop. The cop used leathal force nonetheless.
__________________
"Faster, Faster! Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.
sausagecreature

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy