MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #21
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

thats crazy my bike doubles that lol....your bike does in 7grand what my bike takes 14grand to do....o well i love hitting 10grand and feeling all that power....

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hummm, easter island heads not just heads urbanXJ Off Topic 28 05-10-2012 08:54 PM
Heads Up C.Hern5972 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-21-2011 08:38 AM
in over their heads witchdoctor575 Car Forum 8 09-02-2011 04:02 AM
a heads up paniro187 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 09-21-2007 06:50 AM
heads up BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-05-2007 07:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
thats crazy my bike doubles that lol....your bike does in 7grand what my bike takes 14grand to do....o well i love hitting 10grand and feeling all that power....
yelp, with short stroke inlines, they are able to scream at high rpms but develop little torque, with long stroke v-twins, make gobs of torque, very little rpms.
I do realize this is a rice forum mainly and there is very little understanding of why the HD bike would be quick even though it weighs more 650# w/o rider), it turns less rpm's (7K instead of 14K) and it makes less HP(my normally aspirated 105-110 instead of 140-160) than the average rice. the torque numbers I don't know, but mine will be in the 100 range or more and the rice is probably 60 or so, again just a guess)
So, I will indeed be happy to show some how this freaky equation works out, because its confusing as all get out to understand why the slug HD will zip away from the high screaming rice.
If the HD was as aerodynamic, as in low enough and plastics enough to direct the air around, it wouldn't even be decent at a fair top speed, with the way mine was set up and running a windsheild, it would get small amount of headshake at 122mph or so, I imagine if I lowered it an inch or so and took the windsheild off and grew a larger set of bawls, I might get to see middle 130's maybe 140, with better suspension and fairings it would zip along maybe 140's might see 150, dunno due to being out of gear and rpms upper 130's or low 140's. So a high speed screamer they ain't, a torquy haul bike, they can be.
I will be playing around and inviting some of the rice pilots for some testing and such when it gets back together and rings get seated.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #23
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
to understand why the slug HD will zip away from the high screaming rice. Well, at least until the slug gets to the first turn, then i have to drop the anchor to woah this else ima scrapin' exhaust, pegs, n elbows while the darn ricer is looong gone.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #24
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Nah, I get it. I was just curious. I grew up around super-torque monster big-rigs cruising around wieghing 80,000 lbs @ 1,500 - 1,800 RPMS and a redline <= 3,000. So basically, an HD is something like the illegitimate lovechild of a 18-wheeler and a screaming I-4.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 04-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #25
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
thats another thing you dont know about the 1200R, its a corner burning
28 degree neck makes for a bike that will lay with the best of them, no doubt, I have bevelled pegs to prove it and chicken strips narrower than most rice rockets :laughing6 funny but true

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 04-08-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #26
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Nah, I get it. I was just curious. I grew up around super-torque monster big-rigs cruising around wieghing 80,000 lbs @ 1,500 - 1,800 RPMS and a redline <= 3,000. So basically, an HD is something like the illegitimate lovechild of a 18-wheeler and a screaming I-4.
well, not all Hd's are, the 1200R is a child that was created to burn corners if the rider had enough to lean the heavy beast. They gave it a 28 degree neck, Its made with the most HP harley put on a sporty, even though its not a bunch, and it has a wide base than early sportys, it has a wider tire (150) and so even though the Vrod has more ponies, it cant even begin to hang in the turns due to 32, or 34 degree rake.
I'm also a weirdo who likes to ride the bike like I stole it, so I definatly use it to its fullest. even if it is a HD

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 04-08-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #27
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

So you gonna come out and play at a trackday at TWS (Texas World Speedway) then?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 04-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #28
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

The AMA used to have a sportster class. It was LOUD, but slow relative to the other bikes. Funny though, the big bad- biker dudes used to drive out to watch that one race and leave. :dontknow:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 04-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #29
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
So you gonna come out and play at a trackday at TWS (Texas World Speedway) then?
real world, I would love to, but the apes would have to come off and the rear set pegs would have to be put back on blah blah blah.
I like it cruiser style, just like mo' powa' too. I lean out of it even with the forward controls and apes, but to even be able to have fun at a track day, it would have to be done right and I dont wanna make it that type of bike.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #30
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

also , to me, track day type activites are way out priced.
like I can go to a drag strip and have fun, test and tune my car or bike for 25 or less all day.
why is a curvy track upwards of 200+ a day?
as long as they make it priced so high, you will always have kids riding the public roads like tracks instead of where they need to be.
maybe one day, I'll put the suzuki on the track, dunno

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #31
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

I guess it's because of the way the trackdays are stuctured I guess. You can only have so many bikes on the track at the same time. Dragstrips you can can keep zipping 'em out there in pairs. At dragstrips, the better/quicker your are, the shorter your track time. Trackdays you can get 5-6 20 minute sessions. At the end of the day you probably got a good 120+ miles of ridin' out of it.

A trackday at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with ride smart is $135. Not a bad deal.

You should definitely get the Suzuki out there at least. There are a few guys out there with some vintage bikes.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 04-08-2006, 09:51 AM   #32
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

yeah, 150 a day for that many miles and smiles doesnt seem like a bad deal at all.
yeppers, the sucksuki would be fun to pimp around in vintage trim. I'm working on locating old school seat pan and front fairings. emailing the old assed racers themselves, but I dont think their fingers work anymo' got no return emails yet.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-13-2006, 04:51 AM   #33
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Maybe http://www.ahrma.org/ can point ya in the right direction ?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404

Advertisement