Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #21
Pure Awesome
Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

Originally Posted by mammothmc View Post
Having it powdercoated won't work. They can't get that exact color. You'd have to pick a close color & then have both wheels done so that it would match.
And the forks.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
Sir Ballmanship
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

2011 Fleshlight

Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
The moer I think about it the angrier I get plus I noticed some scratches on the swingarm, probably from the airhose for an impact wrench.
I would literally become "that customer" that everyone talks about from years on. I would be . I don't care how cool they were about it.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
Coast Rider
Arron Smith
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Powder coating is for bikes that don't get used much. I finally gave up powder coating my rims because every tire change it was just to easy to scratch. you have to really try and focus not to scratch which makes changing the tire longer. Its mostly little nicks that get on them

Best way to change powder coat rims. Is to take of the brake calipers and tie them way the out the way. One time that it hits the rim. SCRRATCH.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote