MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #41
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

The GSS front straight is only 900' long. I admit, you do run out of gearing, but with that said, that may be an area we can work on after the other 2 sections are built?

Mike, what do you think of my design so far?
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The survey said WHAT? Grinchy Off Topic 6 01-24-2012 11:40 PM
SURVEY - Which SmartPhone do you have? silverfudge Off Topic 36 05-10-2011 03:59 AM
Looking for a survey company. GIXXERKELLY Off Topic 6 04-28-2010 11:02 AM
THE GSS SURVEY IC COMPLETE! BUT I NEED A SITE TO HOST IT FastLine Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 5 09-13-2009 11:27 AM
Friends survey BoostJunkie Off Topic 30 06-20-2006 06:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #42
Mike Ingle
www.sheasupermoto.com

Bike(s):
2007 CRF 450 Supermoto
2007 KTM 560 Supermoto
2007 CRF 250 Motocross
KTM 950 Adventure
KTM 990 Superduke

The front staight might be only 900 feet but I count that little bend in the track as part of the front straight. I am pinned through that section and never let off. By the time I get half way down what you are calling the straight my bike is pretty much tapped (again with large gearing) My honest opinion is the dirt sections looks "SICK" on par with the Vegas supermoto round! But I also think it is a little over the top. A track with this many jumps will require lots of attention. I am not sure who and how often someone plans on going out and grooming such a track but I have a feeling with a track so intence it will make the effort to maintain to much. Especially when just starting out.
I think we should figure out where and how the dirt section is going to be, lay down the dirt then go out with a few bikes and work on the jumps. That way we get a real feeling of how close or far apart we can put jumps and how much space we have to work with from berm to berm and so on.
Mike Ingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #43
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ingle View Post
I am not sure who and how often someone plans on going out and grooming such a track but I have a feeling with a track so intence it will make the effort to maintain to much. Especially when just starting out.
lay down the dirt then go out with a few bikes and work on the jumps. That way we get a real feeling of how close or far apart we can put jumps and how much space we have to work with from berm to berm and so on.
Whoops are hard to mantain but these shouldnt be like SX whoops, right?
Would be good to go out and test the jumps too. Tight and tech would be fun. I hate when you have alot of run up and end up over jumping.
I love this thread and just have to post in it to make sure other people are seeing it too.
I am going to start getting my bike back together and am looking for parts.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #44
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
mike + tim ftw on track setup

what i told tim is that same thing u were saying mike, start with a few tables, berms and a double or 2. from there we can add on as needed

but its looking good
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #45
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
mike + tim ftw on track setup

what i told tim is that same thing u were saying mike, start with a few tables, berms and a double or 2. from there we can add on as needed

but its looking good
+1

Great work guys.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #46
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Old 09-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #47
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Thats what I was thinking. Cut some of the faces of the jumps inhalf so you could go around.
Will there be enough dirt to go around???

When is the ground breaking ceremony? Could we have a MH BBQ that day?
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #48
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 560 Supermoto, Ktm 450 supermoto
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto
A whole wharehouse full..

I found 90 loads of dirt select fill for free in the heights. Anyone got a large dump truck or know someone? Would need one of those big 30 footers..
Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #49
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

you also need something to lay across the track when driving over it, AT LEAST plywood, if not steel.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #50
Mike Ingle
www.sheasupermoto.com

Bike(s):
2007 CRF 450 Supermoto
2007 KTM 560 Supermoto
2007 CRF 250 Motocross
KTM 950 Adventure
KTM 990 Superduke

Your new design looks great! Definatley need to add two table tops in a row big enough so begginers can jump one at a time and the experts can jump from the first one and land on the back one. This has always been a big hit with everyone at amature events. Also great idea on putting in option jumps. (where you can go around or take the leap) I have seen this in the past at Reno Fernley Speedway and it worked great. When doing jumps like this you need to make shure that the fastest line you take is to take the "jump option" this way the jump gets used and it starts pushing the beginners to take the risk for the reward of jumping for the faster line. Maybe do it going into a turn that way when you land you are set up better the next turn then you would be going around the jump and having to setup outside (or inside just depends on the next turn and where the fastest line is) anyway you get the idea. The jump option is great and can be used anywhere : )
Back to the front straight...Pelase see if we can even just put a little dog leg of dirt out there (no jumps necessary) just something to slow us down to help break up that straight a bit.
I am going to race the final round of supermoto this weekend at Miller Motorsport and I again will assure Larry Wolfe that we are putting a track together and push for him to get us on his 2010 schedule. If we want on his schedule we are going to have to get this track going pretty quick and we are going to have to show we have a great track. I think we are off to a great start!!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #51
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

Mike. Mr Wolfe needs to contact me or Tim about sanctioning any races. The sooner the better... Need to see a schedual...
Old 09-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #52
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

So far the cheapest quote i have gotton to move the dirt from Heights to Track is $100.00 a load. 90x100=$9000.00 So who's in???
Old 09-03-2009, 07:41 AM   #53
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
I just uploaded 2 new files.

Here are some screen shots of my design. There is a total of 3,358' of dirt in my design. that's almost 3/4 of a mile!

GSS prop 3

GSS prop 3 a

i would seriously like to hear how yall are gonna cram this much stuff in that small amount of space ? and who exactly are yall building this track for ? triples ? u guys are gonna kill urselves. let me know when this goes down so i can come and witness the carnage, ill have lifeflight on speed dial
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #54
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Just uploaded 2 more files. Per Mike's request, I shortened things up a bit, and added alternative lines.

GSS prop 4

Here's the overall

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/tucker/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/tucker/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpg[/IMG]GSS prop 4a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
i would seriously like to hear how yall are gonna cram this much stuff in that small amount of space ? and who exactly are yall building this track for ? triples ? u guys are gonna kill urselves. let me know when this goes down so i can come and witness the carnage, ill have lifeflight on speed dial

Jody Actually, there is plenty of space in the infield, but to keep things simple, I shortened it up. I did get a bit carried away with the obstacles, but triples are fun! , and helicopter rides are so in this year

I haven't seen your sketch yet, what's the deal?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #55
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Jody Actually, there is plenty of space in the infield, but to keep things simple, I shortened it up. I did get a bit carried away with the obstacles, but triples are fun! , and helicopter rides are so in this year

I haven't seen your sketch yet, what's the deal? [/QUOTE]

unlike yall. i have a life outside of this silly forum. i just got back from indy late monday nite. mike came over last nite and was telling me about the "death track" yall have been drawing up. this morning is the first time ive had a chance to look at it. needless to say i had to laugh. u got carried away is an understatement. i thought the goal was to encourage more riders to come and experience supermoto, not scare the out of them and make them never wanna come back. yes, im sure triples are fun Tim, but when have u jumped a big triple on a 450 with cut slicks ? i bet never. try designing sumthin everyone will wanna ride. thats the best way to make this venture a success when i get sum time, i will work on a drawing for ya.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #56
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
i thought the goal was to encourage more riders to come and experience supermoto, not scare the out of them and make them never wanna come back.

I'm not a track designer, just good with CADD.....but we need everyone's opinion, and I look forward to seeing your ideas.

So, we'll take the triples out, but the 40' jump of death stays!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #57
ktmracer
You aint FAST! WAKE UP!!

Bike(s):
CBX Twin Turbo's
Ktm 280 Supermoto
Ktm 65 Supermoto

OK here we go. Why this dam that thats wa wa wa. Submit your drawings. This is why i asked all to be involved. We are not going to build a death track. IF everyone gives input we will have a better track all the way around. I admit i think Tims second drawings look more realistic. Im not doing triples. I got to many bills and kids HA!!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #58
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
call me if u still have my #. maybe we can meet up and i can try to help u design sumthin with every skill level in mind
Sure thing. I am free this weekend.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #59
Mike Ingle
www.sheasupermoto.com

Bike(s):
2007 CRF 450 Supermoto
2007 KTM 560 Supermoto
2007 CRF 250 Motocross
KTM 950 Adventure
KTM 990 Superduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
So far the cheapest quote i have gotton to move the dirt from Heights to Track is $100.00 a load. 90x100=$9000.00 So who's in???
What kind of dirt is this? I for one don't want to spend money on crappy dirt just to have it all wash away with the first big rain storm. If this much money is going to be involved lets be sure and bring in the best dirt (clay) that we can.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #60
Mike Ingle
www.sheasupermoto.com

Bike(s):
2007 CRF 450 Supermoto
2007 KTM 560 Supermoto
2007 CRF 250 Motocross
KTM 950 Adventure
KTM 990 Superduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
Mike. Mr Wolfe needs to contact me or Tim about sanctioning any races. The sooner the better... Need to see a schedual...
Larry is already planning his 2010 schedule and he is doing it with or without GSS...We need to have a track before he is even going to consider bringing the series over to Texas...He already has a proven track record, we are the ones that have something to prove. We need to get the track together then Larry can get serious and go through the nessesary channels of planning a race out here.

Advertisement