MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

ZX14 Question

I recently got a ZX14. I have done the following mods: Muzzy full racing exhaust, PCIII (custom Map), TRE, lowered, +1-1 sprockets. Does anyone know how to bypass the governor? I keep bouncing off 185 and my RPMS are only about 7k. I know there is plenty more in the motor but I cant pass the restriction.

Please don't ask me why just tell me how.

Also If you have any ZX14 modds or tips or good websites please post.

Gracias.
Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
zx14 jdon General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 05-08-2013 01:24 PM
New ZX14.... ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-17-2011 06:32 AM
ZX14 Lokati General Discussion (Moto Related) 151 10-26-2010 08:16 AM
ZX14 Dre_Day General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 03-23-2006 01:18 AM
ZX14 ? jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-17-2006 01:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Timing Eliminator. (TRE)

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

speedo healer.....you're not doing 185 indicated with a gearing change....actually, you probably weren't before the gear change, but that's neither here nor there....
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

I have the TRE, all it does is open up the flies for me at 3k which gives me the stupid fast low end power.

I know that the speed is not acurate but still with it saying 185 I cant be off by more than 7 mph and still the motor is still low RPMs not just by guages but you can feel it.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
lisiecki1

Member Garage

it can be off more than that....get a speedo healer, it should get rid of the lockout....i think.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

You can also carve one corner of the countershaft nut off.Thats where the speed sensor gets its timing
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
lisiecki1

Member Garage

there you go....easy tech I was under the impression that there was something in the programming between the computer and display that locks out at 185.....
Old 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Good call didn't think of that one.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
I have the TRE, all it does is open up the flies for me at 3k which gives me the stupid fast low end power.

Wrong. Its called a TIMING eliminator for a reason.................figure it out.

Quote:
I know that the speed is not acurate but still with it saying 185 I cant be off by more than 7 mph and still the motor is still low RPMs not just by guages but you can feel it.
Wrong again. Stock the speedo is probably 8% off. You also made it worse with your gearing change. Get a speedo healer, and you might be able to ACTUALLY go 185..................which I have to admit is an insanely bat- retarded idea.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
jheeziee110

Bike(s):
06 Cbr 1000
03 xr 50
Arctic Cat Mud pro 700
Legend Bass Boat
02 Xr 50

ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Wrong. Its called a TIMING eliminator for a reason.................figure it out.

Wrong again. Stock the speedo is probably 8% off. You also made it worse with your gearing change. Get a speedo healer, and you might be able to ACTUALLY go 185..................which I have to admit is an insanely bat- retarded idea.

haha bam
jheeziee110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:

+1

The speed limiter is based on a certain RPM range in 6th gear....Odds are, its around 10k in 6th gear, thats what triggers the limiter to come on....its limiting speed by soft cutting the fuel on 2 cylinders. With a TRE, it tricks the ECM into thinking its in 5th gear all the time, therefore, no restriction takes place. Also it locks the 5th gear timing curves in at all times, therefore 1st/2nd/3rd/4th all get the full advance from 5th, hence your low end tq gained. Ofcourse you do lose your 6th gear fuel mapping tables therefore you get no fuel compensation for ram air. As long as it was custom mapped with the TRE, this 5th gear fueling all the time is fine.

As for your speedo error, with -1+1 sprockets and the factory 5-8% error, you are easily reading 20mph too fast as slow as 65mph.... (ie. 65 on GPS, 85 indicated on the speedo).... Get you a GPS and check it for yourself.

Lastly, if your bike is not pulling past 7k in 6th gear, I am not sure what to tell you....I KNOW on Suzukis, the limiter is soley based on RPMx6th gear and has nothing to do with the Speedo's indication....Maybe on kwackers they added that little tidbit in to further restrict the bike....a back up restriction if you will...

Get a Speedo Healer and you should be good to go.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

^^this guy?
what does this guy know about going fast, anyway?

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Smile

Quote:

Hhhmm mabye on jujukies this works, but in case you didn't know There already has been a test on this, look up google "flies vs TRE" . Ask anyone who has done the TRE ((((ON A ZX14))))) and they will tell you that its still restricted. And I do know about it tricking the ECU to make it think its in 6th ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE mr super tech. Unless you have scientific knowledge of what the TRE does Shut the ur chit hole. I highly doubt that my zx 14 is topping out at 160 or even 170 for that matter. if you care test bring your speed gun, Im available after GOV work hours. I say this in humble words. lolololololol
Old 08-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #14
Coast Rider
Arron Smith

Bike(s):
kawaquakie

Oh and in case you didn't know not all bikes operate the same.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
JoeCue

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07' zx10r
Buell Firebolt xb12 (sold)

Harsh...haha
JoeCue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #16
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
I recently got a ZX14. I have done the following mods: Muzzy full racing exhaust, PCIII (custom Map), TRE, lowered, +1-1 sprockets. Does anyone know how to bypass the governor? I keep bouncing off 185 and my RPMS are only about 7k. I know there is plenty more in the motor but I cant pass the restriction.

Please don't ask me why just tell me how.

Also If you have any ZX14 modds or tips or good websites please post.

Gracias.
185 @ 7K rpm, is this possible? is it in Km or miles?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Hhhmm mabye on jujukies this works, but in case you didn't know There already has been a test on this, look up google "flies vs TRE" . Ask anyone who has done the TRE ((((ON A ZX14))))) and they will tell you that its still restricted. And I do know about it tricking the ECU to make it think its in 6th ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE mr super tech. Unless you have scientific knowledge of what the TRE does Shut the ur chit hole.
I do have scientific evidence of what a TIMING ELIMINATOR does. Its right there in the fscking name: it eliminates the timing . Now, just becuase ZX-14 guys are fscking dense and continue to use the name timing eliminator for a product that doesn't eliminate the timing , but instead opens up the secondaries sooner is not my problem.

Either way, its not negatively affecting the bikes performance on the top end.

Quote:
I highly doubt that my zx 14 is topping out at 160 or even 170 for that matter. if you care test bring your speed gun, Im available after GOV work hours. I say this in humble words. lolololololol
I don't care what you doubt or not. Your speedo is ~8% off at ANY speed, and thats stock. Your change in gearing has made this WORSE. Its just that simple.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #18
kawasakijockey
Crotchrocket Scientist

Bike(s):
2007 zx14
2002 cbr954
1977 kz1000

Some of you guys are wrong, wrong.
The speed limiter on a zx-14 is controlled by the speedometer sensor, it is not like the Hayabusa that does it by gear and rpm. The TRE for a zx-14 opens the secondary throttlebodie's butterflies. The zx-14 keeps the sec. flies closed until a certain rpm to torque. They stay open completely in 5th & 6th gear. The TRE tells the ecu it is in 5th gear all the time. The TRE has no affect on the speedlimiter.
I have a Speedohealer for the limiter and have removed the secondary flies on my 07.
kawasakijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #19
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Hhhmm mabye on jujukies this works, but in case you didn't know There already has been a test on this, look up google "flies vs TRE" . Ask anyone who has done the TRE ((((ON A ZX14))))) and they will tell you that its still restricted. And I do know about it tricking the ECU to make it think its in 6th ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE mr super tech. Unless you have scientific knowledge of what the TRE does Shut the ur chit hole. I highly doubt that my zx 14 is topping out at 160 or even 170 for that matter. if you care test bring your speed gun, Im available after GOV work hours. I say this in humble words. lolololololol
you would think that by the way you talked to him you would at least know your $hit... a TRE makes the bike think it's in 5th gear so you don't get the timing at the top of 6th gear.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #20
kawasakijockey
Crotchrocket Scientist

Bike(s):
2007 zx14
2002 cbr954
1977 kz1000

The zx-14 sites I frequent are zx14.com (at Bikeland), zx14.net, Psychobike in the zx12-zx14 forum.
kawasakijockey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement