MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #21
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay77
u doin a project or u wanna be a machinist? this is on a manual but i got sum fancy CNC pics also mr fancypants

I don't *think* I want to be a machinist, but you never know. I definitely want to learn the skills. I only mentioned the "... and possibly take some pics" part in my original post because I normally carry my camera with me when I am out and about and didn't want anybody to be put off by it. Or at least to give 'em a chance to say "no cameras!"

I have access to tons of pics and a few videos online. I even have a few books like "Machinery's Handbook 27th ed." and "TableTop Machining". A while back I was going to by a small Sherline or Taig Mill and a lathe to dork with. Just never got around to actually buying one. I figured after I learned a bit, I would get a CNC conversion kit and go to town making some cool useless stuff.

The reason I wanted to observe is because pics and videos never really show tool changes, or anybody manually cranking the wheels and stuff. At least not at length or any real detail. So I just wanted to get an idea of what goes on in the setting up the machine, changing tools, and holding the work. etc.

That's all.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
machine shop Big Homie Performance and Modifications 2 01-09-2014 06:01 PM
machine shop Bob_D General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 03-11-2013 12:57 AM
Machine shop jrob Car Forum 1 08-09-2011 09:21 PM
Need a Machine Shop.... cyrick21 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-01-2009 12:51 PM
machine shop? civicious Off Topic 1 07-24-2007 09:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #22
Mad Max

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
hey scoot, how busy is ur shop nowadays? do your guys mainly work M-F 8-5? i've got something up my sleeve...:icon_smil
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:07 AM   #23
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

the shop isnt even being used at present, everything sits and collects dust unless I fire em up to make something.
I didnt hire the machinest I was talking about, turned out to be a greedy ,arrogant who I think was a meth head.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #24
bigjay77

Bike(s):
01 yzf-r6 painters tape edition, 98 superhawk 996

Send a message via Yahoo to bigjay77
hey scoot, you still interested in my quote, i been real busy doin for Mikey so i didnt have time to quote yours
Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #25
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay77
hey scoot, you still interested in my quote, i been real busy doin for Mikey so i didnt have time to quote yours
well, yep, just found out that most of he cad drawings were ganked so I need you to take parts and create them on cad, the quote to make em, when ya wanna look at em for me? seriously need it done. already took some no mark pistons to a shop on miller road#2 and am having some stuff made there. But for all this other , i need drawings and then a prog written and then bust em out for me. whatcha doing today and where are ya?
did Mike move his equipment to another location?
call me
713-834-7961

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #26
bigjay77

Bike(s):
01 yzf-r6 painters tape edition, 98 superhawk 996

Send a message via Yahoo to bigjay77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
:

The reason I wanted to observe is because pics and videos never really show tool changes, or anybody manually cranking the wheels and stuff. At least not at length or any real detail. So I just wanted to get an idea of what goes on in the setting up the machine, changing tools, and holding the work. etc.

That's all.

man i dont know anyone who will let u take pics, its got to be a mom & pop shop maybe if u give them sum bull about doin a report or school project it will go over better and u can get to see sum of the more cool machines or u can goto a dealer open house, they will have machines running show parts and prolly sum high speed machining operations.......call around fora demo show, or goto Reed/hacolog of Navigation and ask for the shop tour tell em ur doin a project, talk to the HR lady (if ur really goin lemme know i can prolly help u out with that one, i know sum ppl there still)........thats the only place i've seen tour because i was an operator there, other than that i dunno........good luck

Advertisement