MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
RAS_Houston

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

Pay-It-Forward Goodwill Give away what you don't need section?

I have seen this on other forums and thought it might serve well being that we are all in Houston and surrounding areas (most of us). I have come across several people down on their luck, broke etc that might benefit from such a forum. Just a suggestion but I would much rather post here rather then a nation wide forum. Just a suggestion

Here is what the other forum posted as the rules:

1) If you donate something in this section, please hold true to your word, and send the "winner" the item as promised. DO NOT donate something, and then turn around and "change your mind" after you have already promised to send the item. However, you are not obligated to pay for shipping. So, if the "winner" refuses to pay shipping charges, you don't have to send the item, and can relist it.

2) If you have something to donate, please START YOUR OWN THREAD/CONTEST. This will make browsing this section of the forum so much easier, and members will be able to find items and enter contests without having to sift through numerous posts.

3) If you are the winner of a an item/contest and receive something, PLEASE PASS THE LOVE AND DONATE SOMETHING OF YOUR OWN!!!!!! This section was not established to be a "charity", so to speak, but a way for members to SHARE items they are no longer using. You can not expect to receive anything if you are not willing to give! The main reason this rule was established was to ensure that the sharing continues. It's not fair for certain members to be the only ones donating. WE ALL MUST PARTICIPATE!!

Again, this forum was established to provide a way for active members to benefit for their participation in this awesome forum. It was NOT established for certain members to receive a profit at the expense of others. If you simply want to give something to one particular member you know, please feel free. However, that's not the purpose of the Pay-It-Forward Goodwill. If you do not want to hold a contest or don't expect the recipient of your item to "pass the love", please keep your correspondence in PM's and/or e-mail.

Another thing, please don't post a thread asking/begging for an item. This is not a charity, and members shouldn't feel obligated to donate if they don't want to. So, no more of the, "can I have....(fill in the blank)" threads. If you are looking for something in particular, that is what the sell/buy/trade sections are for.

Let's keep this fun guys. There should not be contrversy in a forum where people are just trying to be nice, kind, helpful, and generous.