MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
Steved350

Feedback Rating: (0)

Charging system?

:BangHead: I have a 2000 SV650 that has some kind of problem. The battery doesn't seem to stay charged. At idle the light headlight is bright but when I ride for 5-10 minutes nonstop the head light starts to dim. One thing that I did find unusual is with a volt meter on the battery and the motor running at idle the voltage runs about 13.2v, when you rev the motor up slowly to say 5-6000 rpm the voltage drops to about 12v and keeps dropping. I plan on charging the battery and then have it tested to rule out a bad battery. My next guess would be the charging system. Can you give me any pointers on this situation.

Steve