Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Gold '03 Ninja 636

World Cup '06 pool???

I'm a big soccer fan. I played varsity in highschool. I played intramurals in college. I watch EPL whenever I get a chance (and I'm sure I'll probably get more into MLS now that Houston has a team).

I was just curious as to whether anybody would be interested in participating in a World Cup pool. I know it doesn't start until June, but I figured I'd throw a feeler out now to see the interest level. Maybe like $20... If we got like 10-20 (hopefully more) people that's like a $100-$200 take for the winner (who knows... maybe more). I'm sure everybody could use an extra $200 bucks!

For those of you that don't know much about the world cup. There are 32 countries that qualified. They are set up in 8 groups of 4. Each team plays the other 3 teams in their group once. They get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss. The two teams with the most points in each group advances to the "tournament." The 16-team tournament is single elimination (except for the two losing teams of the final four face to see who gets 3rd place).

So is anybody maybe interested?!?!?
SwamiMoto is offline   Reply With Quote