MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #81
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Ask Nicky Hayden and everyone else that has ridden it, besides Stoner.

Different bike, handling, powerband. Some people can adapt, others can't.

Same question can go to the Triumph 650. Everyone raves about the power and handling, but how many do you see up front?

Comes down to the bikes being a dime a dozen, parts are all over and well developed.
seems the same for the 675. but mine sure is easy to ride fast. bumps in corners suck but i can take em as they come. congrats on the new duc!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Ducati 848 whomikedao Stolen Bike Reports 3 10-03-2013 08:02 PM
Ducati 848 VS R1 SupermanZX736 General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-02-2012 12:08 AM
Ducati 848 evo TheVirus Sports 9 11-14-2011 09:36 AM
Ducati Streetfighter 848 morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 08-08-2011 12:58 PM
Ducati 848?? dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 09-29-2007 03:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #82
MrT713
Grand Kushi

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track

you drivin or ridin to s.a? i could go for some weinerschnitzel!
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #83
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT713 View Post
you drivin or ridin to s.a? i could go for some weinerschnitzel!
Actually its austin, and taking my cousins truck. He'll be on vacation, so probably rolling solo
Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #84
mousehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
man, thats a tuff review
dont worry about what other people say about the bike that you like, most likely he has never been on a v-twin before so obviously he didnt know how to ride it! right out of the box, every bike needs their suspension set up to the rider's weight, the factory set up was just a baseline to fit all types of riders big and small.
mousehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #85
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehunter View Post
dont worry about what other people say about the bike that you like, most likely he has never been on a v-twin before so obviously he didnt know how to ride it! right out of the box, every bike needs their suspension set up to the rider's weight, the factory set up was just a baseline to fit all types of riders big and small.
yeah ive never ridin a v-twin do u know me ? obviously not. get ur facts straight before u type
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #86
jodyhudson

Quote:
man, thats a tuff review
just tellin it like i see it. dont get me wrong... its a beautiful bike. but in my opinion, u can get a better bike for less $$$.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #87
PimpRice
TEAM BLT

Feedback Rating: (4)

Send a message via AIM to PimpRice
Quote:
yea....i have a duc 848 and know lots of people with them. I read the ducati forums, and know all the problems before it happens to my bike. I came off a 600rr and a r6, and i can tell you that they are alot funner to ride
PimpRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #88
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpRice View Post
yea....i have a duc 848 and know lots of people with them. I read the ducati forums, and know all the problems before it happens to my bike. I came off a 600rr and a r6, and i can tell you that they are alot funner to ride
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
I built up a nicely dressed 600rr and only rode it once and sold it(at a big loss) because it felt like riding a electric sewing machine to me.

I know they are rock solid performers, but it just did'nt have what I wanted in a bike.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #89
mousehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
yeah ive never ridin a v-twin do u know me ? obviously not. get ur facts straight before u type
obviously we don't know each other! as you mentioned, you "test rode" your friends 848 around the track for "1 lap only", so i assume you don't own one or ride one day to day basis.

Bikes will go as fast as the rider can handle, and i don't mean by going straight. When i switched from inline 4 to v-twin it took me more than 3 months to get used to the torque and learn how to take advantage of the motor specially on the turns. At first it was pretty hard for me to keep up with inline 4 liter bikers, but after 3 months it was a different story. It takes time and lots of miles on to learn the potential of a particular bike and ride it correctly. Unless you are as gifted as The Doctor Rossi, i don't think anybody can discover the potential of a bike by simply just going around the track for 1 lap!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #90
Rob-Houston

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CB500X
2003 Ninja 250

Quote:
All bikes, japanese or italians are so equally matched that the only difference is the rider! put rossi on a ninja 250 and he will still go faster than most of us at the track!
So I guess I need to show up on my Ninja with 34,000 miles and show you guys how to ride!
Rob-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #91
jodyhudson

Quote:
obviously we don't know each other! as you mentioned, you "test rode" your friends 848 around the track for "1 lap only", so i assume you don't own one or ride one day to day basis.

Bikes will go as fast as the rider can handle, and i don't mean by going straight. When i switched from inline 4 to v-twin it took me more than 3 months to get used to the torque and learn how to take advantage of the motor specially on the turns. At first it was pretty hard for me to keep up with inline 4 liter bikers, but after 3 months it was a different story. It takes time and lots of miles on to learn the potential of a particular bike and ride it correctly. Unless you are as gifted as The Doctor Rossi, i don't think anybody can discover the potential of a bike by simply just going around the track for 1 lap!
first off.... i have plenty of experience with twins. as a matter of fact, i happen to have raced an Aprilia SXV550 in the 7500cc class at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb of 2007. from the time that i started roadracing back in 1993 til now i have rode the following twins around the track... NT650 Hawk, SV650, Superhawk, RC51, Mille R, 748, 848, 996sps, 999 & 1098s. a few others as well, but those are 2-stroke (RS125,RS250, NSR250 & TZ250). so ur theory doesnt hold much water pal

i dont have to be Rossi to spot a few things i dont like about a bike on one lap alone. ive been around a track a few times in the past 15yrs. all im sayin is... it had issues from the get go. issues a new 600 right off the showroom floor wouldnt have.

i dont wanna get into a match with u, but u shouldnt assume about anyone u have never met ! u dont know me and that is very obvious. so stop pulling out of your just so u have sumthing to type. u 2 guys can go jerk off to an 848 brochure for all i give a fukk

last i checked... he asked for an opinion, so i gave him one. sorry u didnt like it, but he got what he asked for. guess i should have sugar-coated it for all u candy
Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #92
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

Quote:
, you wanna go to san antonio. Might leave friday night or sat morning. Go hang at the river walk
Wish I could ese, but I'm gona go out of town as well I'm living sat. Morning ..that's I said monday ,if not I would be down
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #93
mousehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
first off.... i have plenty of experience with twins. as a matter of fact, i happen to have raced an Aprilia SXV550 in the 7500cc class at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb of 2007. from the time that i started roadracing back in 1993 til now i have rode the following twins around the track... NT650 Hawk, SV650, Superhawk, RC51, Mille R, 748, 848, 996sps, 999 & 1098s. a few others as well, but those are 2-stroke (RS125,RS250, NSR250 & TZ250). so ur theory doesnt hold much water pal

i dont have to be Rossi to spot a few things i dont like about a bike on one lap alone. ive been around a track a few times in the past 15yrs. all im sayin is... it had issues from the get go. issues a new 600 right off the showroom floor wouldnt have.

i dont wanna get into a match with u, but u shouldnt assume about anyone u have never met ! u dont know me and that is very obvious. so stop pulling out of your just so u have sumthing to type. u 2 guys can go jerk off to an 848 brochure for all i give a fukk

last i checked... he asked for an opinion, so i gave him one. sorry u didnt like it, but he got what he asked for. guess i should have sugar-coated it for all u candy
You sure like to mention all the experience in racing you have and having raced a lot of bikes, but let me ask you this.... in all this 15 years of racing, have you gone anywhere with it? i mean 15 years is a lot of experience under your belt and you still haven't made it to pro level? i would think at least AMA right? any calls from big sponsors? I rest my case

Even Rossi is more humble than your and i am sure he's got a lot more stuff to put under his resume than you!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:06 AM   #94
GRIFF
CMRA#730

Feedback Rating: (30)

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati (qaak qaak)
2008 GSXR750 (Race)
KTM 950R (trouble maker)
Texas badest 50 (stunt)
etc,etc, toy box keeps changin

Keep us posted on your journey. I'm very excited for you! Don't forget to take pics!!!!
GRIFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #95
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

thanks for the opinions, i went ahead and got her anyway, and she is a beast. Way more bike I can handle. And like jody said, it was alot harder for me to learn how to ride this bike. My R6 was a ton easy to handle, but then it could have been I was riding like a candy , and taking it easy cuz i was nervous with it. PUt 200 miles this weekend, and just need to ride it more. I almost dumped it. lOl, not really but almost
Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 AM   #96
GRIFF
CMRA#730

Feedback Rating: (30)

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati (qaak qaak)
2008 GSXR750 (Race)
KTM 950R (trouble maker)
Texas badest 50 (stunt)
etc,etc, toy box keeps changin

PICS!!!!!
GRIFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #97
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Griff, the wifey took the camera to Paris this week. all i have are phone pics. I will post them next week
Old 08-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #98
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
thanks for the opinions, i went ahead and got her anyway, and she is a beast. Way more bike I can handle. And like jody said, it was alot harder for me to learn how to ride this bike. My R6 was a ton easy to handle, but then it could have been I was riding like a candy , and taking it easy cuz i was nervous with it. PUt 200 miles this weekend, and just need to ride it more. I almost dumped it. lOl, not really but almost

That bike looked sweet!!! Where were you??? You got lost
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #99
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post

That bike looked sweet!!! Where were you??? You got lost
I went the other way to the gas station. Thought we were doing the cattle trail. My bad
Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #100
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
I almost dumped it. lOl, not really but almost
you serious? what happened? at crabb river or on our way to katy?

Advertisement