Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: do you ride/race on track with or without health coverage?
i have health coverage or something similar 83 87.37%
"no engrish, no social security" 12 12.63%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme2move View Post
[color] Have you always had insurance?[/COLOR]

So, What about the (sometimes huge) portion that the insurance does not cover? Who pays for that if they can't?

What if you lose your job and individual insurance is not possible for you? Say...you have a condition that make your rates sky rocket. What then? Stop living, because something may happen? I'm really curious what some of you would say about this.

yes i've always had ins.

if you can't pay your portion, "we" pay for it

sucks if you loose your job and ins. , so why risk it even more by riding? cuz you enjoy it? not a good enough reason.....the dept you'd put your family into is a lifetime........all cuz you enjoy riding.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Insurance v4lu3s Off Topic 26 03-05-2011 09:47 AM
Health insurance! K5GSXR1000 Taking it to the Track 3 08-06-2007 04:23 PM
Health Insurance?!??!? Longnguyen General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 01-11-2007 12:29 PM
Health Insurance FastLine Off Topic 4 08-25-2005 07:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #22
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Hang around the bike community very long and you will realize that wrecks/accidents happen....and often. Whether you are on the track or on the street it happens even to the most talented and the most careful riders. If you don't have health insurance then be prepared to pay for the bills the rest of your life. Some of the younger crowd can afford to do this because they don't have a family to provide for...for me it's a must not only for the bills but to be able to provide for my family if I'm hurt and can't work.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Wow, tell us what you really think! Have you always had insurance?

So, What about the (sometimes huge) portion that the insurance does not cover? Who pays for that if they can't?

What if you lose your job and individual insurance is not possible for you? Say...you have a condition that make your rates sky rocket. What then? Stop living, because something may happen? I'm really curious what some of you would say about this.
Well, the "huge portion" is called a deductible, everyone has it, and everyone has the choice of which they chose to carry. On the condition, that's a tuff one, because some conditions rate your policy high, and some will even decline you, which truly sucks. But The Texas Risk Pool is set up to give a person a policy no matter what. The cost is high, but you will get a policy by state law. I'm not saying stop living my any means, just saying motorcycling is a luxury, so if you can afford a bike, you should be able to afford all the things and responsibilities that come with it. And yes, there was a time I did not have insurance, but that was when I was young and stupid.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #24
tyme2move

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
yes i've always had ins.

if you can't pay your portion, "we" pay for it

sucks if you loose your job and ins. , so why risk it even more by riding? cuz you enjoy it? not a good enough reason.....the dept you'd put your family into is a lifetime........all cuz you enjoy riding.
Fair enough.. I don't necessarily agree. If you go by that rule, then you would have to give up anything that was not absolutely necessary. If you were forced to do this, how could it not affect you in a negative way? BTW, I do have insurance. But there have been times in my life that I did not.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #25
tyme2move

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Well, the "huge portion" is called a deductible, everyone has it, and everyone has the choice of which they chose to carry. On the condition, that's a tuff one, because some conditions rate your policy high, and some will even decline you, which truly sucks. But The Texas Risk Pool is set up to give a person a policy no matter what. The cost is high, but you will get a policy by state law. I'm not saying stop living my any means, just saying motorcycling is a luxury, so if you can afford a bike, you should be able to afford all the things and responsibilities that come with it. And yes, there was a time I did not have insurance, but that was when I was young and stupid.
Your not kidding there, it it very expensive!
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #26
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Fair enough.. I don't necessarily agree. If you go by that rule, then you would have to give up anything that was not absolutely necessary. If you were forced to do this, how could it not affect you in a negative way? BTW, I do have insurance. But there have been times in my life that I did not.

Some of us been there.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
so riding for pleasure is worth putting your family in debt for the rest of your life?

for most riding is a luxury. not if it's your only means, then by all means getting to work is more important then having ins.

but riding for pleasure isn't worth it
neither is riding at the track

w/o ins.

not a whole lotta thought to that, IMO, it's big picture thinking vs selfish pleasure.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #28
ENDO_monkey
loves cupcakes

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR 600

Quote:

No, you shouldnt just give up things bc they are unnecessary but if you cannot afford unnecessary things you should give them up.

Riding a motorcycle is a luxury not a right. I pay for my luxury. I have all necessary health care cover plus more to cover me if/when something goes wrong. I do not expect other people to have to pay for my bills when I cannot. I do not and will not parcipate in benifits for people who get hurt while riding (flame suit on) to cover their medical bills or help their families out bc I think it is a NECESSITY to cover your own if you want to take the risk of this luxury! Rant off.
ENDO_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #29
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDOmonkey View Post
No, you shouldnt just give up things bc they are unnecessary but if you cannot afford unnecessary things you should give them up.

Riding a motorcycle is a luxury not a right. I pay for my luxury. I have all necessary health care cover plus more to cover me if/when something goes wrong. I do not expect other people to have to pay for my bills when I cannot. I do not and will not parcipate in benifits for people who get hurt while riding (flame suit on) to cover their medical bills or help their families out bc I think it is a NECESSITY to cover your own if you want to take the risk of this luxury! Rant off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
so riding for pleasure is worth putting your family in debt for the rest of your life?

for most riding is a luxury. not if it's your only means, then by all means getting to work is more important then having ins.

but riding for pleasure isn't worth it
neither is riding at the track

w/o ins.

not a whole lotta thought to that, IMO, it's big picture thinking vs selfish pleasure.
well put by both of you.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #30
Vital Velocity

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
04 R1

I find it hard for some people to say that riding is a neccesity (granted there are extreme cases).....you can pick up a cheap old civic for the price of most bikes....
Vital Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #31
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

i've done 6 track days without medical coverage.....

my credit is screwed from when I was younger anyway, so they can bill me all they like if something was to happen *knock on wood* it hasn't.

I voted "no engrish, no social security", because the dumbass who made this poll is a racist....and i'm white by the way you ****tard

Last edited by TrevorC; 08-25-2009 at 06:20 PM.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #32
Candie

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

I wouldn't do it. I didn't pay a penny for all my doc visits, surgery or the many months of pt. It was well over 60k. Plus I also had short term disability so I still got paid while I was recovering.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
TX Slide

T,

Why'd you start this .......this could go on and on and on.
'02' SV650
'05' Zuma
TX Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #34
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorC View Post
I voted "no engrish, no social security", because the dumbass who made this poll is a racist....and i'm white by the way you ****tard
How so? Please explain........
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
ENDO_monkey
loves cupcakes

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR 600

Quote:

my credit is screwed from when I was younger anyway, so they can bill me all they like if something was to happen *knock on wood* it hasn't.

So just bc your credit is screwed you dont care if you get screwed for the REST OF YOUR LIFE with medical bills? Dude I jsut saw your profile and you are only 22 you have plently of time to fix your credit.

It irritates me to no end to hear people say they dont care about insurance. Of course you dont bc you probably wont end up paying your bills. Like Trevor here who doesnt give a about his credit. Isnt it enought that I have to pay for illegals to have health care? Now I have to pay for irresponisble people who feel like riding a bike is a right, not a priviliage or luxury and who cares if they get hurt because someone will pick up their tab!
ENDO_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #36
level5
moving chicane

Quote:

Gawd racist.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #37
level5
moving chicane

I think we all should do trevorc style and who gives a flyin about the bill and credit. Let other pay my medical bills, screw my credit cause I speak no engrish.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #38
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:

it was a joke. i don't care if you're white, black or brown, i'll still tell you a racist or stereotyped joke pertaining to your own race to your face anyday. why? because it's a fcking joke, can't take a joke? then get that out of your and life will be easier.

what does being white have to do wtih your comment anyways? a little racist are we? and i'm not white by the way you fcktard.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #39
Candie

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
it was a joke. i don't care if you're white, black or brown, i'll still tell you a racist or stereotyped joke pertaining to your own race to your face anyday. why? because it's a fcking joke, can't take a joke? then get that out of your and life will be easier.

what does being white have to do wtih your comment anyways? a little racist are we? and i'm not white by the way you fcktard.

This is why we love you Tony!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #40
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

mi no squieky engrish. i no pay, u pay.

touchy subject there buddy.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement