MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you like riding alone or with others?
Alone, just me and the voices in my head... 40 59.70%
With others, their loud pipes drown out the voices... 27 40.30%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #41
tmilheiser

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
FZ6

i like to go solo, i dont mind one to three others, more than that and it gets couded, its fun to see other riding styles, chasing, having someone around incase of a wreck and bsing at the gas pump, but i like it with just me listing to music, stopping when i want, riding how i want, wandering down random roads and going home when i decied im done for a shower and sanwich
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Riding Discussion sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 12-16-2012 07:26 AM
group riding Question Bruiser Safety Corner Main 24 06-07-2010 11:16 PM
question about group riding 05cert Events, Meets and Rides 34 07-28-2007 01:11 AM
Safe Group Riding stlal General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 05-04-2007 03:55 PM
Riding Without Gear is a Personal Choice. Zapata Safety Corner Main 0 04-27-2005 01:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #42
Dr. PimpRide

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R6 Raven
1980 Honda XR80 (rusting away in dad's garage)
2005 Honda CBR (babysitting)

Riding preference

I've got a small group of buds I like to ride with.

I'm still a noob after 8 months, and don't want to get over my head on a large group ride, or be the slow guy holding people up (or being crashed into).

So for now, I'm more comfortable flying solo.
Dr. PimpRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #43
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I prefer to ride alone when I do go out to RIDE. But I always have someone knowing to expect me to check it at some time.

Otherwise I dont mind large groups for puttin' around as long as the group rides respectively(basically by my rules.) May sound egocentric, but its my safety Im concerned about first.

That said, Forest Gnomes make the rides we do happen; no one person.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #44
Spectre5922
Grumpy old fart

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'92 GSXR 750

It depends..... I commute to work on the bike a lot (usually 75-100 miles/day), so it's solo then. I don't mind going out riding with a small group of friends or well-behaved people. That being said, I avoid the large group rides, both for the LEO visibility and especially the safety factor. I rode part of the way with the group from Starbuck's at Monroe last year going to the Galveston bike rally. Everyone was really cool until we got on the freeway, then it became a case of "just how stupid can we ride?" for a lot of them. I think the stunts are all really awesome requiring a lot of skill, but it takes all of the guesswork out of the question "why do cagers hate us?". There were guys blocking traffic doing wheelies in each lane, riding side-saddle, lane splitting at probably 100 MPH, etc. , one guy even had metal plates on the bottom of his boots and was standing beside the bike doing around 80 MPH and sliding. I really don't want to be a part of that. How bad would it sukk to be the guy behind the dumba$$ that was riding a wheelie at 90 MPH and got hit by a car or something? I guess I'm just getting old, but I've always ridden to enjoy the ride. At 125 MPH I don't enjoy the ride because I pass everything too fast to really enjoy the view.

***DISCLAIMER*** I know that there were other groups riding with us, but the main ones that I saw that were riding really dangerous were people that identified themselves as MH.

To each his (or her) own. If they wanna ride crazy, then more power to them. I just don't want to ride in that group.

Last edited by Spectre5922; 08-24-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Spectre5922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:13 AM   #45
R6Rescue
Crash (MotoGP Guru)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 R6 (Street)
2011 R6 (Racebike)
2008 R6 (Deceased Best Friend's)

I ride alone alot, and when I do ride with a group, it's with people that I know, WELL, and don't just know them from riding. We pick a route and decide pace before hand, it's just better that way. People's egos in big groups are ok until one person does something outrageous, then it's a free for all most times. I am by no means saying I wouldn't do one, or that's it's like that every time, but I will say I value my life and bike(s) way too much to get pinched or killed because someone thinks it's Biker Boyz out there.
R6Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement