MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #141
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
Actually its private property. A Leo cant ticket you for anything on private property, and the manager is in cahrge of everything that happens there so if he gave teh ok, then there is nothing anyone legally can do but pitch a fit.

FTR i was parked up front by the street. im just saying.
You are sadly mistaken sir. A LEO can ticket you for many things on private property. Being on private property does not mean all laws no longer apply to you.

Also, while Chacho's may be private property, it is publicly accessible and by law is required to have designated handicapped parking spots.

Quote:
681.011 of the Texas Transportation Code states:

(b) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) parks a vehicle on which license plates issued under Section 502.253 or 502.254 are not displayed and a disabled parking placard is not displayed in a parking space or area designated specifically for individuals with disabilities by:

(A) a political subdivision; or

(B) a person who owns or controls private property used for parking as to which a political subdivision has provided for the application of this section under this Subsection (f); or

(2) parks a vehicle displaying a white on red shield disabled parking placard or license plates issued under Section 502.253 in a space designated under Section 681.009(e) for the exclusive use of vehicles displaying a white on blue shield disabled parking placard.

(c) A person commits an offense if the person parks a vehicle so that the vehicle blocks an architectural improvement designed to aid persons with disabilities, including an access or curb ramp.

(d) A person commits an offense if the person lends a disabled parking placard issued to the person to a person who uses the placard in violation of this section.

(e) In a prosecution under this section, it is presumed that the registered owner of the motor vehicle is the person who parked the vehicle at the time and place the offense occurred.

(f) A political subdivision may provide that this section applies to a parking space or area for persons with disabilities on private property that is designated in compliance with the identification requirements referred to in Section 681.009(b).

(g) Except as provided by Subsections (h)-(k), an offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $250 or more than $500.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. Amended by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 165, 30.156(e), eff. Sept. 1, 1997.

Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 738, 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1999; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 1362, 6, 7, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HAK, CHACHOS, ASI, PP1. Wed, August 26th. peruvian Events, Meets and Rides 59 08-27-2009 11:39 AM
100% Taquitos, ASI, PP1 Wed Aug 19th black240 Events, Meets and Rides 135 08-20-2009 03:26 PM
Hooters, ASI, PP1 Wed 8/5 lanzer913 Events, Meets and Rides 176 08-06-2009 07:42 PM
Hooters , PP1, ASI....... Wed 20th lanzer913 Events, Meets and Rides 90 05-21-2009 02:21 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #142
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Good turn out! I met some cool azz people last night. Hope everyone can make the next WED meet.
Im really happy for you and Im going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #143
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Then I suppose its up to the officer seeing as my information come from a couple officer buddies.

Oh well and giggles. Just because im older dont mean you have to call me sir. Hard for me to tell if your being polite or a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #144
Bomb0314

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
SOLD all of them :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Houstonian View Post
had fun! sorry vi for giving you and your helmet OHO
you and your evil eye or what ever it was called. lol
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #145
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Then I suppose its up to the officer seeing as my information come from a couple officer buddies.

Oh well and giggles. Just because im older dont mean you have to call me sir. Hard for me to tell if your being polite or a
It's always up to the officer on whether he actually writes you a ticket or not. Just cause a officer pulls you over for speeding, doesn't mean he HAS to give you a ticket. But by law, anyone parked in a handicapped spot without displaying a placard or plate, IS in violation of the law and can receive a ticket.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #146
SteeringWheel?

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2006 GS500F (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb0314 View Post
you and your evil eye or what ever it was called. lol

Time for a new helmet?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #147
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Pyro is right, but does it even matter? Do you know anyone handicap? I do, and I sure wouldn't like them trying to maneuver their wheelchair 100 feet because some bikes want to show off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
You are sadly mistaken sir. A LEO can ticket you for many things on private property. Being on private property does not mean all laws no longer apply to you.

Also, while Chacho's may be private property, it is publicly accessible and by law is required to have designated handicapped parking spots.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #148
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

I have several handi cap family members and friends. Thanks for your comments I was just sharing my opinion I was parked by the road. I personally didnt park there.
<3

Quote:
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #149
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
I have several handi cap family members and friends. Thanks for your comments I was just sharing my opinion I was parked by the road. I personally didnt park there.
<3
Oh I wasn't talking only to you humle! I was just saying in general, like (you all).
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #150
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXZixxer View Post
Pyro is right, but does it even matter? Do you know anyone handicap? I do, and I sure wouldn't like them trying to maneuver their wheelchair 100 feet because some bikes want to show off....
+111111 I know multiple people who are handicapped. I am not talking "I am a fat and don't wanna walk cause I am lazy" kind of handicapped, I am talking "my legs dont work so i dont want to have to park several hundred feet from the door" handicapped. I know when I got there last night in the cage, that place was packed. I had to park in the back of the parking lot as that was all that was left. Would've sucked if someone came by that actually needed a handicapped spot and had to park in the back.

Not only that, but it doesn't look good on us as a whole (MotoHouston).
Old 08-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #151
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

Well a few of us showed up early and almost parked there till we saw it was handicapped. Personally if someone is truly handi capped ill break my neck trying to help the... but yeah the ones that get teh sticker because they are fat and lazy I hate them... I really do. Funny seeing someone in a 50,000 hummer parked there with the sticker on it and some 30 year old pops out with nothing wrong that you can see.. laughing it up smiling smiking joking as they strut in the stores... ROAR... there done venting.

Side note. the guys at teh store didnt seam to know we were coming, did we contact the store prior

Was chatting with one of the guys they were very happy that so much buisness came and WTF anyone see the nachos... MAY YOU ALL burn in for saying to order them.. I made just about everyoen who walked by take some and still had 2 to go boxes full LOL..

Jimmy

Quote:
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #152
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

FWIW, the handicapped parking thing was not a personal jab at any of the members here that may have parked there, but it is a pet peeve of mine and it is not right IMO. It is something that we as a group when having these meets need to NOT DO.

There are always other alternatives. Many organizers tend to call the restaurant days in advance and request reserved parking, many of the restaurants are cooperative when you tell them you are about to bring them 50+ customers in one group and you can fit 3-4 vehicles per parking space.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #153
Bomb0314

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
SOLD all of them :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringWheel? View Post
Time for a new helmet?
nope, just new clips... helmet is only 2-3 months old.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #154
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
FWIW, the handicapped parking thing was not a personal jab at any of the members here that may have parked there, but it is a pet peeve of mine and it is not right IMO. It is something that we as a group when having these meets need to NOT DO.
Have to agree with Pyro here!!!!

- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Longstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #155
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

NACHOS

OMG NACHOS

Quote:
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #156
SteeringWheel?

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2006 GS500F (sold)

Quote:
NACHOS

OMG NACHOS

Is that those $20 Nachos??? LOL
Old 08-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #157
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

"Um excuse me, I ordered the large nachos"

Last edited by GSXR_911; 08-27-2009 at 12:48 PM.
GSXR_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #158
306 That Could
Chromed out 1100!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi ZX-10R
2004 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (Sold)

DAAAAAYYUMMM those are some nachos... Had fun last night, good to meet a few more people as always.....

ASI is getting pretty crazy, I kinda feel bad for the stunters cuz now more than ever they always have to be on the look out for the idiots in the cars, which IMO were too many of... and its just going to get worse unless somethings done about it.
306 That Could is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #159
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 306 That Could View Post
DAAAAAYYUMMM those are some nachos... Had fun last night, good to meet a few more people as always.....

ASI is getting pretty crazy, I kinda feel bad for the stunters cuz now more than ever they always have to be on the look out for the idiots in the cars, which IMO were too many of... and its just going to get worse unless somethings done about it.
From what I gather this is how ASI works, it gets bigger and bigger and bigger til it's out of control, then the cops roll in and bust up and no one comes back for a while leaving the place dead and just the hardcore stunters stay out there, then the process starts all over again.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #160
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_911 View Post
"Um excuse me, I ordered the large nachos"

Ya... I like going to ASI on Fridays. I can put in a lil practice session when there arent sooo many bystanders
Im really happy for you and Im going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement