Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I fought for my rights to Ride

ok, now with a title like that its kinda not what it sounds like. I was wondering how many in motohouston land have a spouse or significant other that dont want them riding motorcycles cause they think its unsafe?
I'll share some of my struggles with you and am just wondering if somebody else has heard this stuff before..
1st time i had a bike was a dirtbike and mom didnt want me riding..I was going to kill myself.Iwas going to break a leg,arm , etc.. ohhwell
still got it and rode all day until sundown everyday..crashed alot but never broke anything.
2nd bike ninja 600
had a girlfriend who didnt want me to ride--not my girl very long (laters)
next girl liked the fact that i rode but was scared to ride.. She broke up with me for a guy who had a firebird ( maggot) sold the bike and got a truck.

fast forward a few

got married and had some kids, house and a few things in life that made being married cool. Still , when little brother showed up at the house with his 600 cbr , I wanted a new bike..Wife was cool but thought cruiser.. naw
Iwanted a sportbike. Thats a kids bike! Your gonna kill yourself! you know you might have heard it b4. Well I got the ninja and she was !
Its that bike or me! Bye! And now she said its ok but i wont ride with you on that thing. cool. I got the cowl and no pillon seat!

Now she wants to learn how to ride and get her own bike!! Cruiser of course .
A real "mans bike" Boy, just when you think you gottem figured out.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I fought the law and... Squoddybody Off Topic 121 05-09-2013 01:01 PM
Crime Fought Bevo Off Topic 13 07-03-2012 12:39 PM
Thanks to All who have fought and died for our Great Country May 29, Memorial Day. tschreck Off Topic 14 05-29-2006 12:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

my wife don't want me to ride on the streets any more unless I have some kind of insurance that covers every imaginable expense in case of not beign to work. lol

But she said I can do every track day i want.

I tell you, women are strange creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

my parents at first didn't really want me to ride and said they would not help me in anyway. except msf and gear. they really couldnt say no since my dad rides

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
i feel ya...my baby momma uses it as a weapon...

i dont think she really cares half the time, she just bring it up to make me look bad when she's trying to win an arguement, or just be a .

current g/f is all about it though. she loves to go for rides with me, and hasnt complained about going too fast yet...im a lucky guy..
Old 04-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Wife thought I'd buy a Harley...............and I brought home the Busa!!! She has ridden with me several times, she thinks the busa is ok but she said NO WAY with the RC, only sat on it one time in the garage.
Years ago we did a lot of riding together and she even had her own 750 for a while but she's not interested anymore.
She just gives me a bad time for hanging out with all the youngsters!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Wife thought I'd buy a Harley...............and I brought home the Busa!!! She has ridden with me several times, she thinks the busa is ok but she said NO WAY with the RC, only sat on it one time in the garage.
Years ago we did a lot of riding together and she even had her own 750 for a while but she's not interested anymore.
She just gives me a bad time for hanging out with all the youngsters!!!
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
+1 x1,000,000
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement