MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #41
shanecrow99
punoɹƃɹǝpun xıs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
old skool
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
new skool
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

Better yet, have the seller sign over power-of-attorney rights for the bike. Then just go downtown and endorse his name on the "lost" title that they print out for you, then sign it over to yourself. Completely legal as long as you have the signed power-of-attorney paperwork AND it is notarized by a notary. Again, this will only work if the title was in the dudes name AND he doesn't have any other liens on the title.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hostage Situation at Chase Bank in Pearland (Hostage situation over now) NewRider Off Topic 47 01-01-2011 01:43 PM
Camera Opinons chum600 Off Topic 1 04-21-2010 11:30 PM
opinons? Never seen this lock before ... logan5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 02-05-2010 09:14 AM
Need OPINONS! HUGE BIKE EVENT! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 02-28-2008 08:07 AM
Opinons - Micron Slip On - 06 R6 BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 03-01-2007 11:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #42
landon05

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
2006 gsxr-750 custom painted by "House of Pain" SOLD!!!
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to landon05
Ok, after long hard thinking i still dont know if i should wait to buy me another bike or buy one now..... I was thinking if i waited i will miss most of the good weather left in this riding season but if i wait i will get a good deal during the winter and be ready for next year.... What you guys think i should do?? Buy now or buy later??
landon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 AM   #43
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by landon05 View Post
Ok, after long hard thinking i still dont know if i should wait to buy me another bike or buy one now..... I was thinking if i waited i will miss most of the good weather left in this riding season but if i wait i will get a good deal during the winter and be ready for next year.... What you guys think i should do?? Buy now or buy later??
Depends on what you want. If you want a brand new bike, if you wait till September you might be able to pick up a leftover '09 model for cheap. If you're going used, prices don't drop a ton over the winter. I mean..........its not like we ACTUALLY have a winter here.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #44
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Thats the hardest question to answer.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #45
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Depends on what you want. If you want a brand new bike, if you wait till September you might be able to pick up a leftover '09 model for cheap. If you're going used, prices don't drop a ton over the winter. I mean..........its not like we ACTUALLY have a winter here.
that aint no shiiit. Used bikes are freakin deals right now, selling is not so good.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #46
landon05

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

just something nice...

My bike is still at javis shop and i havent turned in the papers to give the insurance people ownership of the bike. So im going to try and pick my bike up this weekend and sell for parts or whole thing as is with a bill of sale NO TITLE for 1500 obo...
Old 08-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #47
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

You got PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #48
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by landon05 View Post
just something nice...

My bike is still at javis shop and i havent turned in the papers to give the insurance people ownership of the bike. So im going to try and pick my bike up this weekend and sell for parts or whole thing as is with a bill of sale NO TITLE for 1500 obo...
how badly is it wrecked?
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #49
texasyankee

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)

I'd be careful about parting out the bike. You don't have a title, you don't own it. You can't sell something you don't own.
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #50
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasyankee View Post
I'd be careful about parting out the bike. You don't have a title, you don't own it. You can't sell something you don't own.
+1 - it's not legally yours.....yet.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #51
landon05

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

bike isnt for sale anymore will keep and fix for myself... thanks for your advice tho!!!

mods you can close this thread now for it has no purpose of staying open
Old 08-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #52
hjl47

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 r6

back to the dps saying that there is still a lien on it. the loan place might have registered the lien, but if you have title in hand w/ the lien being released on the actual title, it doesnt matter what the dps has on record. lienholders often fail to release the lien thru dps, they just sign off on the actual title. that being said, if your not going the bonded route, keep trying to get the actual title. one less step to deal w/ when transferring ownership etc.
hjl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #53
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

From my dealings with DPS, I found that the only time things change in their system is when they actually make a transaction. In other words, if there is a lien on the title, but no one comes in to transfer the title or make other moves on it, it will stay there.

I had a title that showed a bank lien, contacted the bank; they told me the loan was paid off and they had no lien. But until we did the title transfer the lien remained in the DPS system, regardless of time.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #54
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

ok, so I got my plate! it only took 3 trips to the county tax assessor and two to TXDOT. It really could have been done in 1 trip to each if I had all the paperwork done without typos.

bonded title is not a myth!

Title Situation.... Only helpful opinons please
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement