MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
i have a very ok walmart bike.

Member Garage

so i have been off the bike for about a week now

and i have been reluctant to tell the story, because i have gotten a lot of for it and dont really want any more, but i guess it would be good for some of yall to listen to this.
on my way to work the other day, i encountered one of my fellow mcso employees in a marked van. he was exceeding the posted speed limit by about 10 to 15 mph. i got close and looked at the driver and mis-identified it as a buddy of mine. i knew this guy that i thought it was would get a kick out of me flying past him, so i did. at about 10 plus what he was doing, that's 90.
i continued on to work and a mile or so after i had passed the marked van, SIRENS!. i immediately begin to pull over cause i dont want to hold up any emergency vehicle trying to get through. when i checked my right mirror all i saw was a big effin' van about to run me over. i came to a quick stop, turned my bike off, took off my helmet, and stood behind my bike. i waited for the deputy (who i then discovered was totally not my buddy) to come over to me and address me. he then wrote me a ticket, and he knew i was mcso as well. he gave me a mini lecture and as he finished up his paperwork, he wrote 'warning' across the ticket. i was very relieved and continued to work.
once i got there (late), i told my immediate supervisor what happened and reported to my station. later in the day, this same supervisor told me that the dep who gave me the warning said i ran from him for about 1 mile. WTF?

ok, thats bs, but whatever. i know i didnt and never would run from the cops.

so later on in the day i am told to report to the supervisor's office. aw .
almost every jail admin is in there, and i get a decent chewing out for what seems like 20 minutes. the big deal is that i passed a marked car, and i have no mc endorsement. yeah... i know. so i'm told to not ride any more until i get my license fixed. it was said with great emphasis and repeated.
so yeah.
i am enrolled in the awesome cycles 8/24 & 8/25 class.
i have always wanted to take the msf, but never had the time, money, and motivation all at the same time until now.

i was also told that a crackdown on bikes is happening. cant blame em there...

i cant wait to get back on 2 wheels. i really cant wait to finally not be ridin' dirty. it will be cool to be able to sit on the side of the road with a broken down bike (just thinking of a scenario) and not get a ticket for no mc endorsement
loosenoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daytona bike week FlyHondaGuy General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 03-07-2012 01:37 PM
Bike week in Daytona Houstonbussa General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-09-2011 10:27 PM
Vulcan bike week? mathews Events, Meets and Rides 0 01-18-2010 08:03 PM
So I got My New Bike Last Week.... FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-25-2006 10:11 PM
Well.....I my bike over last week... txcouple General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 12-12-2005 10:02 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
NeedySV

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV1000K6

We all make mistakes man. The silver lining here is that the MSF will be very beneficial to you.
NeedySV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:19 AM   #3
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):

Member Garage

yeah, im sure it will be. i know my low speed riding, like parking lot stuff has always been not good. not sucky, just looks more noobish than it should
Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #4
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

jk
lanzer913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:24 AM   #5
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):

Member Garage

i just wish i could put the atmosphere of that office into text. it was the feeling of an end to a career. the chewing out itself was not that bad, but everything about why i was getting chewed out just seemed overblown to the point that they were using it for a greater scheme. it left me pretty much hating life for a couple of days after that. it didnt help that i rode home at 3ish that day and got caught in the worst storm i have ridden in.
i shared the 1488 overpass with a harley guy for about half an hour while we waited out the storm. i heard later that winds got up to 68mph. i dont doubt it. i was almost blown off the bike a few times. very scary.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #6
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

i got pulled over last weekend for the first time, everything was legit they just wanted to check my license and all that good stuff then let me go. One of'em rode a bike and took the class at AC too (kinda weird cuz i was way on the south end of town in like pearland or something..)
Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

i just wish i could put the atmosphere of that office into text. it was the feeling of an end to a career. the chewing out itself was not that bad, but everything about why i was getting chewed out just seemed overblown to the point that they were using it for a greater scheme

let's see now - 90 mph in a 60 on a motorcycle that you are not legally licensed to drive - now I wonder why they would chew you out for that???

And you are some sort of police officer?

If you showed as much remorse for the incident with them as your post does NOT, well then someone should have chewed your out - and good.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

sorry man but it's funny that you would risk passing a marked vehicle b/c you THOUGHT it was your buddy and you don't have a license to ride. But don't sweat it too much b/c you got REALLY easy. Take the course and get back on two wheels
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #9
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Why do they always act like your were running and they caught you? They need to realize how silly that sounds.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #10
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Why do they always act like your were running and they caught you? They need to realize how silly that sounds.
ESPECIALLY since you only got a warning!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

you shouldve bike pedaled your motorcycle for laffs and then they couldve said you were running........

but on a serious note fly straight and narrow from now on everything will be forgiven in time, let your work performance dictate your career not your outside activities.......
Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
i just wish i could put the atmosphere of that office into text. it was the feeling of an end to a career. the chewing out itself was not that bad, but everything about why i was getting chewed out just seemed overblown to the point that they were using it for a greater scheme

let's see now - 90 mph in a 60 on a motorcycle that you are not legally licensed to drive - now I wonder why they would chew you out for that???

And you are some sort of police officer?

If you showed as much remorse for the incident with them as your post does NOT, well then someone should have chewed your out - and good.
, could you sound any more like a ?

BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

live an learn.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

I won't comment on most of this, but I'm curious, as much as we like to make fun of people during class, why would you give us this much ammunition on a public forum AND let us know the class dates????
Old 08-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #15
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

better bring some jalapeno kolaches to that class, thats all i got to say.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #16
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
, could you sound any more like a ?

sorry if it came across as overly harsh but it doesn't appear the O.P. received the message his superiors tried to give him

The message is: "you are now in law enforcement and held to a higher standard than others so make SURE you understand that before leaving this office".

And, as Viper said to Maverick and Goose: "Well, I believe that just about covers the fly-bys". (after watching Colonel storm out of office screaming "I want some butts and I want them NOW!!"
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #17
spring r1

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

sirens= pin it lol..........so i take it ur not riding sunday i had alot of fun at msf and learned alot of stuff i thought i knew have fun see u out soon
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #18
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Live and learn man. Sounds like you at least took something away from the experience.

I was similar in that I never took the MSF and rode for about a month and a half before I finally got into it. I still think the class was a blast and you learn quite a bit. You'll love it. I just hope Challen can't figure out which one is you, lol.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #19
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
I won't comment on most of this, but I'm curious, as much as we like to make fun of people during class, why would you give us this much ammunition on a public forum AND let us know the class dates????
lol, cause i know you are on here
Old 08-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #20
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
sorry if it came across as overly harsh but it doesn't appear the O.P. received the message his superiors tried to give him

The message is: "you are now in law enforcement and held to a higher standard than others so make SURE you understand that before leaving this office".

And, as Viper said to Maverick and Goose: "Well, I believe that just about covers the fly-bys". (after watching Colonel storm out of office screaming "I want some butts and I want them NOW!!"
you were totally correct in your original essment
i have been riding for so long without my license and i have been a good boy, almost always following speed limits on the big roads, and keeping my wild nature in check when im on the back roads.
i deserved it, i guess, and i am glad i got off with a warning. what irritates me the most about all of this is that i passed by him when he was doing 80 and he pulled me over for going 10 past his already illegal speed. he didnt have a radar in the van, so he had to have matched my speed or guessed when he wrote the ticket. whatever though. im going to try to keep it real.

Advertisement