MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #21
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by inknmyskyn View Post
you got your own ride? or you just ride on the back?

Got any suggestion? where are your arms, hands, toes, and legs at while riding?


How do you move about the bike?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Laws for 2015, heads up passengers / 2UP riding Hung General Discussion (Moto Related) 79 03-05-2015 01:38 PM
2up lesson... Lucar General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 11-26-2012 03:41 PM
W riding today at 11:30 am 2up riders and solos Lucar Events, Meets and Rides 3 08-25-2011 07:35 PM
Anyone For a 2up riding VeagleRider Events, Meets and Rides 27 05-13-2011 10:10 PM
2up? marimirez General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 01-15-2008 07:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #22
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,939

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









im on stock suspension settings, and loosen the chain a bit.

she needs to support herself with her core like we do.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
I don't think most sportbikes are set up with heavy enough springs for 2-up riding. If you go 2-up, you'll likely need to turn up the pre-load a few notches to get it right.

Standards or Nakeds, however, will usually come with heavier springs for 2-up riding. The 919 is sprung for 250#.
do you ride the 919 with passengers often?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #24
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
im on stock suspension settings, and loosen the chain a bit.

she needs to support herself with her core like we do.
does she have a lot of experience with you?


does she move around the bike with you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #25
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,939

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









i always tell her to look through the turn and put her helmet inside mine. IE to the right of mine if we are turning right, and to the left when turning left.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #26
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,939

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









yes whe has alot of exp with me. As for moving around ive never pushed it that hard with her on the back, but we have carried some pace. The extra weight means you dont have to lean off as much.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #27
spyderryder
Paid Poser
 
spyderryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 583

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1k
2006 r6-sold
2002 gsxr 600-sold
95 yzf 600-sold






Send a message via MSN to spyderryder Send a message via Yahoo to spyderryder
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
even on the turns? if not, how far off the seat do you get, or how far do you lean....and where are your hands at?
We used to ride the forest like nobody's business 2up. I typically don't ride 2 up with the hubby anymore since we had our little girl (figure safer that way, if something happens only one of us is hurt...or worse). But when I did, hands stayed on tank so I am not applying pressure to the gonads. I leaned in the corner with him but tried to make subtle movements and at the same time.
spyderryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #28
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
i always tell her to look through the turn and put her helmet inside mine. IE to the right of mine if we are turning right, and to the left when turning left.
if you dont mind me asking, and if you rather PM me go for it...


How hard do you push it? 100% of your ability? 90...70....50...10?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #29
spyderryder
Paid Poser
 
spyderryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 583

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1k
2006 r6-sold
2002 gsxr 600-sold
95 yzf 600-sold






Send a message via MSN to spyderryder Send a message via Yahoo to spyderryder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
i always tell her to look through the turn and put her helmet inside mine. IE to the right of mine if we are turning right, and to the left when turning left.
+1!
spyderryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #30
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
yes whe has alot of exp with me. As for moving around ive never pushed it that hard with her on the back, but we have carried some pace. The extra weight means you dont have to lean off as much.
you change your tire pressure at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderryder View Post
We used to ride the forest like nobody's business 2up. I typically don't ride 2 up with the hubby anymore since we had our little girl (figure safer that way, if something happens only one of us is hurt...or worse). But when I did, hands stayed on tank so I am not applying pressure to the gonads. I leaned in the corner with him but tried to make subtle movements and at the same time.
awesome thanks for the input.


did he/you make any changes to the bike before riding 2 up?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #31
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,939

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









with her on the back ive never gone above 65-75%.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #32
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,939

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









same tire pressure.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #33
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
with her on the back ive never gone above 65-75%.
cool thanks for answering



do yall use the rear brake more? less? or not at all?


Engine brake and coast?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #34
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!
 
GQ*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 11,014

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)


Member Garage





we've already been 2up on the Ninja and E is good about juts leaning w/me in the turns, but we don't ride the same as I would solo

As for supporting her, she has started to brace herself on the tank in braking so I don't have to hold us both up w/my legs. In the turns I haven't hit em hard enough for us to need to slide off the seat at all b/c that's just too risky for my taste.
__________________
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
GQ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #35
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!
 
GQ*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 11,014

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)


Member Garage





I give alot more room for braking...more engine braking and lighter on the brake b/c the frank & beans appreciate it
__________________
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." -Dale Carnegie
GQ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #36
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
do you ride the 919 with passengers often?
Not too often, anymore. When I ran the stock suspension (I now have Ohlins rear/RaceTech front), it was alot more stable with my wife on the back. She, however, still has alot to learn about 2-up riding, but she's getting there.

I used to ride 2-up practically all the time (in my single player days ), and as long as your passenger knows how to lean with you, then all is good.

You do not need to hang off, if at all, when riding 2-up. The key is for her not to counter-lean you. You can lean to one side or the other as you make the turn, but she needs to keep her body be "in-line" with you. She may bend her head to the "outside" of your helmet as you get into a turn, but not her body. It's important for her to also look ahead of the turn, along with you, so that she may feel where the bike is going as well.

My first GF was an awesome passenger. She anticipated every move I was gonna make on the bike, and we synced very well together. Thomas78 (on here) also rides 2-up with his wife, on his 919, and he is smooth as glass on the curves. What I notice most, when riding behind them, is that they move like one person on that bike, and she is always right behind him wherever he goes.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #37
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,939

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









dont use it much, ill still use it sparingly to scrub off some speed, the extra weight helps keep the rear planted. I dont use it if i dont have to though.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #38
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ* View Post
we've already been 2up on the Ninja and E is good about juts leaning w/me in the turns, but we don't ride the same as I would solo

As for supporting her, she has started to brace herself on the tank in braking so I don't have to hold us both up w/my legs. In the turns I haven't hit em hard enough for us to need to slide off the seat at all b/c that's just too risky for my taste.
did the old franken gsxr (heavy bike) or the light ninja 250 feel better holding your entry speed?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #39
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ* View Post
I give alot more room for braking...more engine braking and lighter on the brake b/c the frank & beans appreciate it
werd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
Not too often, anymore. When I ran the stock suspension (I now have Ohlins rear/RaceTech front), it was alot more stable with my wife on the back. She, however, still has alot to learn about 2-up riding, but she's getting there.

I used to ride 2-up practically all the time (in my single player days ), and as long as your passenger knows how to lean with you, then all is good.

You do not need to hang off, if at all, when riding 2-up. The key is for her not to counter-lean you. You can lean to one side or the other as you make the turn, but she needs to keep her body be "in-line" with you. She may bend her head to the "outside" of your helmet as you get into a turn, but not her body. It's important for her to also look ahead of the turn, along with you, so that she may feel where the bike is going as well.

My first GF was an awesome passenger. She anticipated every move I was gonna make on the bike, and we synced very well together. Thomas78 (on here) also rides 2-up with his wife, on his 919, and he is smooth as glass on the curves. What I notice most, when riding behind them, is that they move like one person on that bike, and she is always right behind him wherever he goes.
yes, some folks that ride 2 up with us have been talking with thomas



Yall check these out, does this seem something that might help?

zimmer and Jr
me and my girl
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #40
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
werd!

yes, some folks that ride 2 up with us have been talking with thomas
I think if your passenger is athletically inclined, or has good coordination skills, then they will make a good passenger. However, if she is clumsy, or lacks coordination skills, then you're in trouble. That's my experience, anyhow.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy