MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #41
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

I was a certified installer Of Viper, Prestige alarms. I can say this an alarm only keeps a honest person honest. Most people can disable them in seconds, with that being said I love the aspect of teh lojack system, Now I dont know about the GPS, can anyone link it.
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lojack Pyrofallout Motorcycles Unlimited 4 04-14-2008 04:02 PM
How much is LoJack? dtlam_88 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-06-2008 12:23 AM
LOJACK Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 11 12-13-2007 10:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2009, 01:17 AM   #42
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
GPS will lose signal inside of a building, RF signal is better in that sense.
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #43
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Just from what I've learned over the years. If a thief wants what u have he will get it. If the thief is smart (well he's still retarded for stealing ), the thief will know how to trace and remove lojack. Bikes are easy to take apart and if u know what uour lookin for it can be removed within the hour.
With a 97% recovery rate in the first 24 hours and a 99.8% recovery rate period, apparently the thieves are NOT finding Lojack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
what happen when you recovered your bike and it's damaged?

Are you gonna report it to the insurance?

What good is lo jack if you're gonna report it to the insurance?

Maybe for bikes with liability insurance only?

Full coverage insurance FTW.

Most people cannot afford full coverage insurance.
Also, if you have a lot of mods done to your bike full coverage insurance typically DOES NOT PAY YOU for the value of your accessories.

Don't believe me? Ask Mr. Richards on here how his experience went with State Farm even though he paid for extra insurance.

, I see it all of the time on regular bikes, the insurance companies pay what they THINK the bike is worth, not necessarily N.A.D.A., often times 20-30% less than NADA.

Most bikes recovered are not damaged at all or are just lightly damaged.
Most of the bikes are stolen for their parts, so it's not in the thiefs best interest to damage them.

If I didn't have full coverage, I'd rather have a slightly damaged bike back than no bike at all.

Plus unlike insurance, Lojack is a ONE TIME CHARGE.
No monthly charges, no monitoring charges, etc.

Lojack with Early Warning is $799.00 installed.
Yes there are other products out there, but IMO, Lojack is still the best performing with a proven track record.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 08-15-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #44
crzy88

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636

any problems with the lojack system on a track bike?
crzy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #45
Pabst214

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
nothing beats GPS, that way it targest every place the bike/car has been taken to since it was called in..lojack has nothing on that

i have lojack on my z06, and let me tell you, i managed to find it while rebuilding the while rebuilding/wiring the whole car, and it is nothing simple for a theif to find, i dont know about bikes, im sure its fairly simple, but on a car, but on a car, all i can say is goodluck

How good is that GPS recovery system going to work once the thieves have removed it? If it is that easy to find a Lo Jack system, it can't be much harder to find the GPS system.

We all take the chance of having our motorcycles stolen, that is part of owing one. Lo Jack is confident enough in their product to reimburse you the investment you made if their product does not work. Plus take it a step further and reimburse you some of the value of the bike if it is not recovered at all. I don't personally know of any other tracking system that offers anything like that.

IMO customer service and statistics are two things you need to look at when purchasing a product like this. I think 99% recovery and the warranties they offer speak for themselves.

Again this is just my opinion. ANY tracking system is better than no tracking system at all.
Pabst214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #46
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy88 View Post
any problems with the lojack system on a track bike?
None that I've seen.
I keep mine in a 900ma battery tender anyhow to help preserve the life of the battery, but I've got friends who leave their bikes in the trailer for up to a month between events and have no issues.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 08-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #47
crzy88

Bike(s):

there ya go OP I think the question got answered finally.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #48
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
ive tested lojack a few times... and i must say the unit alerts really quick and is very effective at waking my up... plus if i see their number i know wtf the call is about before i even answer it so i run to the bike gun in hand lol needless to say bike will never be lost unless im too far away from it when it sets off and in that case i call the popo's right away and boom they are busted...

plus the system calls multi-numbers and emails and all sorts of to get your attention, and all my other contacts had the information on the card and if they dont get an answer on my phone, they will call the cops for me. better safe than sorry!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #49
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
all you people are talking about a theif having your bike for an hour.. forget that, i know WAY before than if they have my bike and i can call and contact the police and have them looking for it within a matter of min's... so they wont have time to take it anywhere to rip it apart.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #50
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Not bashing lojack, but like romeo said, if a thief wants it, he's getting it. I've seen the lojack system. It does run off your main battery, but also a backup 9v supply. Not much for insurance, IF a thief knows where he's looking. Most thiefs are pretty much idiots and use the smash and grab technique over a smarter one. Better thing than lojack, IMO, would be to have theft on your bike. That way it pays for at least the value of your bike, sans the extras. But unfortunately that's how things have to be done now-a-days. Especially if you dont have a garage to lock it up in.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #51
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
Not bashing lojack, but like romeo said, if a thief wants it, he's getting it. I've seen the lojack system. It does run off your main battery, but also a backup 9v supply. Not much for insurance, IF a thief knows where he's looking. Most thiefs are pretty much idiots and use the smash and grab technique over a smarter one. Better thing than lojack, IMO, would be to have theft on your bike. That way it pays for at least the value of your bike, sans the extras. But unfortunately that's how things have to be done now-a-days. Especially if you dont have a garage to lock it up in.....

No one is saying to have Lojack instead of theft insurance, but as an addition to it to protect against loss.

And once again: With a 99.8% recovery rate in the last 3 years, APPARENTLY THE THIEVES AREN'T FINDING IT.

Can't argue with their track record.

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #52
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
No one is saying to have Lojack instead of theft insurance, but as an addition to it to protect against loss.

And once again: With a 99.8% recovery rate in the last 3 years, APPARENTLY THE THIEVES AREN'T FINDING IT.

Can't argue with their track record.
That's because 99.8% of thieves are retards.....

Lojack coupled with theft insurance would be the preferred method over all others....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #53
crzy88

Bike(s):

how about setting up a saw-esque trap when you park it...that'll deter them thieves! Just remember to disarm it before you get on it.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #54
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

wow. I didn't know it was $800

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement